Home Match Day Thread +++ FAC 4th Replay - OUFC v Newcastle United MDT +++

Got a feeling they’ll beat us comfortably, but hope I’m wrong again.

Not having Henry is a blow, no question. Just have to hope the Mags implode and bottle it.

Please let's not change half the team for players who are coming back from injuries.
Some changes and resting of players, but I'd like us to be a bit competitive.

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mousinho Ruffels
Gorrin
Sykes Thorne
Holland Taylor Browne

I wouldn't be averse to Moore in for Mous, or Agyei in for Holland or Taylor.

Henry out tomorrow night. Going for scan on fresh injury although not thought to be serious.

Oh look... starting players and playing them for 80 minutes as soon as they come back from injury can lead to yet more trouble... who knew?

It will be very interesting to see what side Robinson puts out against Newcastle. He’s certainly not adverse to giving squad/fringe players a chance in cup games.

Long, Moore, Hall & Thorne all started against West Ham. At the time I think all those around me in the ground thought he’d weakened the side too much to get anything from the match. How wrong we were! Having said that Thorne going off injured and then switching Hall with Sykes changed the game.

So my gut feeling is that Brannigan will be rested, with Thorne, Kelly and Hanson all getting a decent amount of minutes on the pitch.

Oh look... starting players and playing them for 80 minutes as soon as they come back from injury can lead to yet more trouble... who knew?
Nobody...yet! It is a precuationary scan on his OTHER thigh as it felt tight during the game. If you've ever had a bit of muscle tightness, you will know that it can pass or it can indicate an underlying problem, so best get it checked out if you have the resources to do so and, in his position....coming back from injury and all.

Surely the medical team (which are supposed to he very good) are recommending what happens?
So are you suggesting that they dont know what they are doing, or KR is ignoring them?

For me:

Eastwood
Ruffles Moore Dickie Long
Gorrin
Brannagan Kelly
Holland Browne Sykes

Subs - Stevens, Hanson, Mousinho, Thorne, Taylor, Mackie, Agyei

I think we've played Moore rather than Mous for just about every cup game so far, I would start Cam - on the basis that the pain he still gets will go in its own time and I assume there is no danger of aggravating the injury - so just think the extra game will help his sharpness. Can understand those people playing Kelly and Thorne in together though.

Fancy us for 2 - 1 win AET as per previous post.

Eastwood
Hanson
Dickie
Moore
Long (at LB)

Thorne
Brannagan
Kelly

Agyei
Taylor
Holland

Bench - Sykes, Mousinho, Browne, Mackie, Ruffels, Gorrin, Stevens

Giving Mous and Ruffs a propper night off, Sykes, Browne and Mackie to come on as subs. Mous if its Pens.

Free hit this, first half play a decent team see how it goes, second half make the subs and save legs for Saturday.

Bruce’s babes will win by default as a controversial incident where Gorrin may (or may not) trip the forth official on the way off at half time and it takes the ref an hour and ten minutes to discover that VAR is not in play at the Kashstad. He is forced to award the game to the under strength premiership side so they can still have a chance to win something...

Jamie Mackie to start. Marcus Browne will unleash an absolute thunderbolt through a crowded penalty area which will canon off the post, hit Mackie on the bellend and bounce in. He will then drop to the floor in agony, but a group of #lads dressed in Stone Island will invade the pitch, pick him up and carry him around the perimeter, while he adopts the foetal position despite being eight feet off the ground. “DUR DUR DUR DUR! JAMIE MACKIE!” sing 10,000 home fans, with even the visiting fans taking their shirts off and swinging them in the air in appreciation. One elderly lady will swing her handbag in lieu of her shirt, thankfully, but the strap will snap and the main body of the bag will then fly through the air, striking Mackie’s scrotum once more. Oblivious to this, the board will run down from the directors box and out of the tunnel, before taking off across the pitch to join in with the celebrations. Apart from Zaki who will make a beeline for a corner flag, which he will then remove and do a runner with as he’s already made a deal to sell it to a nearby U12 team. Robinson will then start angrily shouting at somebody in the crowd before punching Dan Agyei in the face, and screaming “I CAN’T PLAY HIM, HE’S BROKEN HIS NOSE! JAMIE MACKIE IS SO GOOD HE SCORES WITH HIS HELMET!”

All of this occurs in the first 12 minutes of the game. At full time it’s Oxford 1 Newcastle 3.
I'm not 100% sure if I'm horrified or impressed by this.

Bruce’s babes will win by default as a controversial incident where Gorrin may (or may not) trip the forth official on the way off at half time and it takes the ref an hour and ten minutes to discover that VAR is not in play at the Kashstad. He is forced to award the game to the under strength premiership side so they can still have a chance to win something...
Gorrin has to get booked somehow every game!

Jamie Mackie to start. Marcus Browne will unleash an absolute thunderbolt through a crowded penalty area which will canon off the post, hit Mackie on the bellend and bounce in. He will then drop to the floor in agony, but a group of #lads dressed in Stone Island will invade the pitch, pick him up and carry him around the perimeter, while he adopts the foetal position despite being eight feet off the ground. “DUR DUR DUR DUR! JAMIE MACKIE!” sing 10,000 home fans, with even the visiting fans taking their shirts off and swinging them in the air in appreciation. One elderly lady will swing her handbag in lieu of her shirt, thankfully, but the strap will snap and the main body of the bag will then fly through the air, striking Mackie’s scrotum once more. Oblivious to this, the board will run down from the directors box and out of the tunnel, before taking off across the pitch to join in with the celebrations. Apart from Zaki who will make a beeline for a corner flag, which he will then remove and do a runner with as he’s already made a deal to sell it to a nearby U12 team. Robinson will then start angrily shouting at somebody in the crowd before punching Dan Agyei in the face, and screaming “I CAN’T PLAY HIM, HE’S BROKEN HIS NOSE! JAMIE MACKIE IS SO GOOD HE SCORES WITH HIS HELMET!”

All of this occurs in the first 12 minutes of the game. At full time it’s Oxford 1 Newcastle 3.

genious!

all of the above is possible when the hitman Mackie is on the pitch :) just think had sykes not started the weekend that browne strike could of gone in off Mackies rear end instead I bet Mackie was gutted....... LOL

Long as we give them a game I will be happy, would rather have 3 league points.

Same cup runs have been great and all would rather be concentrating on league its not like the cup money has helped us with extra transfer money ?

Back
Top Bottom