Home Match Day Thread +++ FAC 4th Replay - OUFC v Newcastle United MDT +++

A lot of people probably won’t agree with this but I think we maybe should play something like:

Eastwood
Hanson Dickie Moore Long
Thorne
Henry Kelly
Sykes Mackie Agyei​

Why? Look, obviously we’d all love a win and we could certainly do with the prize money, but it’s not exactly an inspiring next game if we do go through, and unlikely that we’ll win. The league is much more important, and we‘ve just played literally two days ago, with another game in a few days... Ruffels needs a rest, it’s not worth risking Brannigan or Taylor from the start, and the likes of Thorne, Kelly and Agyei need game time. Long and Sykes had spells out of the team and so should be ok to play, and Henry didn’t play 90 mins on Sat.

I doubt that team will play and I’m fine with that, but that’s who I’d play for what it’s worth.

Anyway as for the game itself, I’d love to go through but mainly I’ll be hoping for no more injuries, and useful minutes in the legs of the players coming back from injury/new signings.

When did we sign Henry Kelly ?

Christ, I know we’re going for gold but that is ridiculous.

Eastwood
Hanson
Dickie
Moore
Long (at LB)

Thorne
Brannagan
Kelly

Agyei
Taylor
Holland

Bench - Sykes, Mousinho, Browne, Mackie, Ruffels, Gorrin, Stevens

Giving Mous and Ruffs a propper night off, Sykes, Browne and Mackie to come on as subs. Mous if its Pens.
That’s a team to end our cup run. Hanson v French flyer. No thanks.

Gorrin always plays. Sykes has to play. Browne has to play.

That midfield you’ve selected is sicknote central.
My team:

Eastwood Long Ruffs Moore Dickie Gorrin Branagan Thorne Sykes Taylor Browne

subs Stevens Mous Mackie Agyei Kelly Hanson Holland

My team:

Protecting a few for Saturday, giving a few of the sicknotes game time.

My team:

Yes I would go for something like that.
It depends though on whether Brannagan is able to.play 2 games in 4 days.

Jamie Mackie to start. Marcus Browne will unleash an absolute thunderbolt through a crowded penalty area which will canon off the post, hit Mackie on the bellend and bounce in. He will then drop to the floor in agony, but a group of #lads dressed in Stone Island will invade the pitch, pick him up and carry him around the perimeter, while he adopts the foetal position despite being eight feet off the ground. “DUR DUR DUR DUR! JAMIE MACKIE!” sing 10,000 home fans, with even the visiting fans taking their shirts off and swinging them in the air in appreciation. One elderly lady will swing her handbag in lieu of her shirt, thankfully, but the strap will snap and the main body of the bag will then fly through the air, striking Mackie’s scrotum once more. Oblivious to this, the board will run down from the directors box and out of the tunnel, before taking off across the pitch to join in with the celebrations. Apart from Zaki who will make a beeline for a corner flag, which he will then remove and do a runner with as he’s already made a deal to sell it to a nearby U12 team. Robinson will then start angrily shouting at somebody in the crowd before punching Dan Agyei in the face, and screaming “I CAN’T PLAY HIM, HE’S BROKEN HIS NOSE! JAMIE MACKIE IS SO GOOD HE SCORES WITH HIS HELMET!”

All of this occurs in the first 12 minutes of the game. At full time it’s Oxford 1 Newcastle 3.

Has Amersham Dave hacked your account???!!!

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
Kelly Gorrin Brannagan
Sykes Taylor Browne

Subs - Stevens, Mousinho, Hanson, Thorne, Holland, Agyei, Mackie

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
Kelly Gorrin Thorne
Sykes Agyei Holland

1-0, OG

A lot of people probably won’t agree with this but I think we maybe should play something like:

Eastwood
Hanson Dickie Moore Long
Thorne
Henry Kelly
Sykes Mackie Agyei​

Why? Look, obviously we’d all love a win and we could certainly do with the prize money, but it’s not exactly an inspiring next game if we do go through, and unlikely that we’ll win. The league is much more important, and we‘ve just played literally two days ago, with another game in a few days... Ruffels needs a rest, it’s not worth risking Brannigan or Taylor from the start, and the likes of Thorne, Kelly and Agyei need game time. Long and Sykes had spells out of the team and so should be ok to play, and Henry didn’t play 90 mins on Sat.

I doubt that team will play and I’m fine with that, but that’s who I’d play for what it’s worth.

Anyway as for the game itself, I’d love to go through but mainly I’ll be hoping for no more injuries, and useful minutes in the legs of the players coming back from injury/new signings.
Thank God you don't manage the Yellows

I think KR will play Agyei tomorrow, maybe in place of Sykes wide right.

I'm flying to Helsinki tomorrow for a couple of days, working. Long shot, does anyone know a bar that has the game on in the city centre?

Personally think we should play our best 11 for two reasons;

1) it’s a Tuesday so players can be well rested before Saturday
2) We’ve got Posh who are the form team and we’re playing away which means it’s a free hit. If we had a home fixture against Accrington I’d say rest players to ensure we get the home points

Maybe a twisted logic but you only get so many chances to play live on the BBC against a Prem team! Come on Karl and the boys. Do the business despite the board undermining you.

Back
Top Bottom