FA Cup Round 2 - OUFC vs Grimsby

Status
Not open for further replies.
None work in the east stand either. Been like that for about a season and a half now.
There are problems affecting some of the TVs around the stadium. These relate to the electrical and signal feeds. The club has already had people in to look into this but as yet the exact faults haven't been identified. They continue to try to resolve. It's incredibly frustrating for fans in those areas.

There are problems affecting some of the TVs around the stadium. These relate to the electrical and signal feeds. The club has already had people in to look into this but as yet the exact faults haven't been identified. They continue to try to resolve. It's incredibly frustrating for fans in those areas.

I’m not convinced the club or Firoka are trying that hard. If it’s a problem with electrical and signal feeds then an electrician or aerial installer would be able to resolve them.

Signal issues can’t have just happened over night. Those same tv’s have worked for years and now don’t.

On behalf of the fan base, can you start asking a few more probing questions to the powers that be?

So you don’t know the costs, but you do know that those costs would be covered by increased attendance?

In the grander scheme of things I doubt the additional costs of stewards and cleaning for opening the rest of the ground are that great.

An increase of 1,000+ on the gate at £12/15 a head should more than cover it, and would nullify the conversations from inconvenienced people. Many of whom are ST holders that shelled out £400 or so quid before a ball was kicked.

When/if we get to R3 and draw a big club at home I very much doubt the club will be looking at the balance sheet and "penny pinching".

That's the spirit! SSU...you'll never look back.

Well done EY-you never know you may be hooked by the SSU!

I have previously graced the SSU when I took MrsEY(Mk2) to her one & only game at the Kassam, League game vs Swansea IIRC.

Nice view and all that but when you have pretty much watched all your football from behind the goal the change in perspective is a bit of a shock! :)

I’m not convinced the club or Firoka are trying that hard. If it’s a problem with electrical and signal feeds then an electrician or aerial installer would be able to resolve them.

Signal issues can’t have just happened over night. Those same tv’s have worked for years and now don’t.

On behalf of the fan base, can you start asking a few more probing questions to the powers that be?
I was going to post something similar.

I understand things break and aren’t always straight forward to fix but it does seem to take the club an awfully long time to fix problems.

There is always a long winded excuse too.

Do you think the club will only sell STs for half the new stadium to enable them to cut costs when we play Fleetwood etc in future league games?

In the grander scheme of things I doubt the additional costs of stewards and cleaning for opening the rest of the ground are that great.

An increase of 1,000+ on the gate at £12/15 a head should more than cover it, and would nullify the conversations from inconvenienced people. Many of whom are ST holders that shelled out £400 or so quid before a ball was kicked.

When/if we get to R3 and draw a big club at home I very much doubt the club will be looking at the balance sheet and "penny pinching".
And how do we know that 1,000 are staying away because they can’t sit in their normal seat? Or is that just made up?

If we draw a big club and we are confident we can sell the right number of seats then the club would be following exactly the same logic as they are here, so that wouldn’t prove much.

The real issue is that people have lost interest in the Cup. I remember a few seasons back we drew a higher league team at home, was it Blackburn? I went along thinking it would be a big game and all that but there was hardly anyone there.

This is Firoka and the cost of cleaning could be extortionate! Think back to the biscuits/Coffee etc.

Its the club's issue, not Firoka's in this case. Both electricians and aerial installers have already been in, but still not got to the root of the problem. We are asking the questions and the club is now getting people back in. We will keep on it.

The real issue is that people have lost interest in the Cup. I remember a few seasons back we drew a higher league team at home, was it Blackburn? I went along thinking it would be a big game and all that but there was hardly anyone there.
I think your memory is playing tricks on you!

30 January 2016 FA Cup v Blackburn Rovers (Championship) Attendance 11,647.

This was a sell out, and from memory it sold out in double quick time too.

I think your memory is playing tricks on you!

30 January 2016 FA Cup v Blackburn Rovers (Championship) Attendance 11,647.

This was a sell out, and from memory it sold out in double quick time too.
Hmm, not Blackburn then. Another championship side I think.

Edit: maybe it was Charlton in 2014, lost 3-0 in front of 3,000.

Last edited:
TVs haven’t worked in the east stand for so long I just assumed that it wasn’t a thing anymore, must be a couple of seasons now. Have other areas had working TVs then?

TVs haven’t worked in the east stand for so long I just assumed that it wasn’t a thing anymore, must be a couple of seasons now. Have other areas had working TVs then?

I have my ST in the North and I couldn't even tell you if there are TVs.

I've been in the SSU a few times the view of the game is really good but it's like a bloody morgue up there. I once see a little old lady with a note book I think she was writing who the players are 🤔 BUT I will go up there against Grimsby because the east stand was like a library against Maidenhead

I've been in the SSU a few times the view of the game is really good but it's like a bloody morgue up there. I once see a little old lady with a note book I think she was writing who the players are 🤔 BUT I will go up there against Grimsby because the east stand was like a library against Maidenhead
You weren't in our block then. By the way, how about showing some respect to those who have watching OUFC (and Headington, in some cases) many, many years. A lot of us now relish the ability to watch the game in a little comfort and, so what we don't jump up and down for 90 minutes? There are more than a few who no longer have the strength or physique to do so, they still attend games.
"I once see a little old lady with a note book"(sic) - perhaps she was making notes for an English grammar lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom