FA Cup FA Cup replays

Concretebob

So the all powerful Premier League wants to scrap FA Cup replays.

I find it rather ironic that before a ball is kicked we will play at least 51 games. The average premier league team who hasn't qualified for any european competition will only play 40 at least.

With bigger and more settled squads may I add!

£100,000 a week and they can only play 1 game of football a week, and even then the summer break 'isn't enough'.
Pathetic.
Imagine how these people would get on as a firefighter, police officer, doctor, etc.

So the all powerful Premier League wants to scrap FA Cup replays.

I find it rather ironic that before a ball is kicked we will play at least 51 games. The average premier league team will only play 40 at least.

With bigger and more settled squads may I add!

bunch of wankers.... its not if most, if not all, of them even put out a PL first team squad if theyre drawn against lower league opposition

another move that continues devaluing the worlds oldest cup competion, which has been ongoing since the inception of the PL

I also see there on about putting u21s in the league cup why don't the premier League just f**k off and leave the proper teams to play in the proper cups

I also see there on about putting u21s in the league cup why don't the premier League just f**k off and leave the proper teams to play in the proper cups
I’d be ok with teams that qualify for Europe not being in the FA Cup, but the remaining teams having to play their first team. Would make the final more interesting and unpredictable

I’d be ok with teams that qualify for Europe not being in the FA Cup, but the remaining teams having to play their first team. Would make the final more interesting and unpredictable
I wouldn't. It's the FA Cup, the oldest cup competition in the world. These clubs should respect the history and play it as it is. Don't want replays? Win the game in the first place.

I wouldn't. It's the FA Cup, the oldest cup competition in the world. These clubs should respect the history and play it as it is. Don't want replays? Win the game in the first place.
It's Klopp and Guardiola behind this. They want their cake and to eat it too. They want to be able to field the youngsters, but not have to deal with an "unwanted" replay. They want these games done in a day.

Personally I would love EFL clubs to pull out of the cup competitions but I get the sense that the EFL as an organisation is in the pocket of the Premier League clubs.

I can deal without a future without the Premier League. I can't deal with a future without my club.

f**k the premier league. Enough is enough.

Very much a retrograde step.
Another bit of excitement removed, the chance of a replay at home with added revenue.
Complete globalisation f football on its way to the detriment of lower league clubs

So instead of a Dramatatic replay against Newcastle that had all what the F A Cup is about (+ many others before) we would have been subjected to another 30 minute bore fest at their place.Or is it they don't want Extra Time either?

In fairness to Pep he does play strong sides, the one's who should be ashamed are those in and around Mid Table that don't because it's all about the ££££££££.

Ive said it before, if they think they play too many games then simply ask Eufa to make the European Competitions for League Winners Only because that's why they have extra games..

there are ££££££££££££ reasons why they wont though

For a league that earns 10's of millions more than the rest of the pyramid combined, has anyone asked them if they've considered scrapping replays by actually winning the games in the first place?

Thank God the EFL didn’t sell off one of its own cup competitions to the Premier League academy sides years ago, otherwise we’d really be in their pockets.

Indeed, and that also proves they don`t need any of those pesky fans in the grounds either.

Games gone. :cry:

For a league that earns 10's of millions more than the rest of the pyramid combined, has anyone asked them if they've considered scrapping replays by actually winning the games in the first place?

Mr Merritt did in Post Number 8. :)

They also have at least 14 players who wont of played 90 minutes the game before the FA Cup tie who earn at minimum a couple of million a year, not exactly like they will be struggling to put out a strong team out.

I mean Chelsea could even play some of those players who you only hear about twice, when they sign for millions and leave for a few millions less, even though they have been there 6 years.

The German Cup draw has all lower-league teams in one pot and all Bundesliga 1 and 2 teams in another. All lower teams get home advantage and the game is done in one day, ET and penalties. Lower-league clubs still get a good payday and TV money, less fixture congestion and giant killings still happen at roughly the rate as in England. It's a decent system once you get used to it.

The German Cup draw has all lower-league teams in one pot and all Bundesliga 1 and 2 teams in another. All lower teams get home advantage and the game is done in one day, ET and penalties. Lower-league clubs still get a good payday and TV money, less fixture congestion and giant killings still happen at roughly the rate as in England. It's a decent system once you get used to it.
that ^^ sounds better than what the FA cup looks like it will become in England.... (no) thanks to PL 'elite'

Problem with that is the lower league fans would never get the chance to go away to one of the bigger sides, which is half the fun of the FA Cup.

Problem with that is the lower league fans would never get the chance to go away to one of the bigger sides, which is half the fun of the FA Cup.
fair point.... however, playing one of the so called big names at home( albeit with few if any PL first team squad players featuring, on a small ground, with a partisan crowd can, and does, unsettle the prima- donnas ..... Blackburn Rovers getting beaten in the FA cup at the Manor in 1964 still lives in my memory

(as does the away nightmare fa cup game at Marlow - when we were the 'big name' who got beaten )

Back
Top Bottom