Erick and the Election

Thohir didn't seem to be making any contribution during the long spell when he was election campaign agent in Indonesia, a period when we had the tax problems etc.
He'll be even busier as a minister.
You can't run a business on vague promises of supportive gestures. Tiger's strategy is always to say "there's something great just around the corner to be announced very soon".
Am loving the current success on the pitch, which is primarily down to Robinson and Parker. Trust is growing in Tiger and co., but cautiously!

View attachment 2317Interesting comments extracted from Tiger’s match day notes today . “Exciting developments around the corner / Very solid foundations to build from” Are we finally releasing ourselves from the shackles of our odious landlord ?
Its been two years of "just around the corner" i wouldnt hold any breath at present.

How so many cannot grasp the concept of confidentiality in matters such as land purchase and building is beyond me. Do some folk actually expect a running commentary on how things are progressing in the search for potential sites? Please, get real.
It is going to be a very delicate negotiation to first, find a suitable site, then, actually negotiate the purchase of that site and, probably the hardest part, get the local authority to actually authorise the building of a stadium.

The fact that there is substance to the plan to relocate the stadium and that OUFC confirm that real steps have been taken to resolve the issue, should, certainly in my book, be enough. More than that will not be forthcoming until pen has been put to paper and contracts exchanged.

How so many cannot grasp the concept of confidentiality in matters such as land purchase and building is beyond me. Do some folk actually expect a running commentary on how things are progressing in the search for potential sites? Please, get real.
It is going to be a very delicate negotiation to first, find a suitable site, then, actually negotiate the purchase of that site and, probably the hardest part, get the local authority to actually authorise the building of a stadium.

The fact that there is substance to the plan to relocate the stadium and that OUFC confirm that real steps have been taken to resolve the issue, should, certainly in my book, be enough. More than that will not be forthcoming until pen has been put to paper and contracts exchanged.
Good post but it has got me thinking. A question for people on here who have a lot better understanding of the process than me. Would it be a case of the club identifying some land and then letting the relevant LA know, so that the planning process can commence, before the land is actually purchased? It would be one hell of a white elephant if the planning application was ultimately denied.

Good post but it has got me thinking. A question for people on here who have a lot better understanding of the process than me. Would it be a case of the club identifying some land and then letting the relevant LA know, so that the planning process can commence, before the land is actually purchased? It would be one hell of a white elephant if the planning application was ultimately denied.

No. You would purchase the land subject to planning being approved.

What a bummer .. only one billionaire on the board...CRISIS.
Yes - but you can have as many billionaires as you like on a Board - they still need to provide funds and/or influence at some point. I'm not saying they haven't/won't but there hasn't been any confirmed evidence of this that I've seen (unless I've missed it).

Yes - but you can have as many billionaires as you like on a Board - they still need to provide funds and/or influence at some point. I'm not saying they haven't/won't but there hasn't been any confirmed evidence of this that I've seen (unless I've missed it).
Has there been any confirmed evidence that they haven't been involved?

Did u go and raise your concerns at the fans engagement meet yesterday?
Wrong meeting for that as with respect to the fans engagement official, what are they going to really know about the bigger picture - there is however, a fans forum on 21 November. Zaki will be there even if Tiger won't.

Perhaps time to tell us who is behind Knightsbridge Asia, one of the shareholders in the Singapore holding company then?

Not quite sure how to answer that rather strange comment but I'll give it a go. It would be very odd for these individuals to come onto the Board and then confirm that they aren't putting any money in or seeking to influence matters. I think that's the best I can do!

My original post was carefully worded to imply that they might have provided funds and assisted in other ways BUT can anyone point me to any evidence of this to date?

Perhaps time to tell us who is behind Knightsbridge Asia, one of the shareholders in the Singapore holding company then?
Wasn't that explained as being a separate holding company for one of the current board members?

Of course - if one of the Board members paid for the blue plaque, I'll be much more reassured. ;)

Wasn't that explained as being a separate holding company for one of the current board members?
I think so. Can anyone explain in plain English who owns what stake and via what corporate structure means? I could always ask the EFL as they must have a full audit trail from their fit and proper person test - that's gone well recently.

Not quite sure how to answer that rather strange comment but I'll give it a go. It would be very odd for these individuals to come onto the Board and then confirm that they aren't putting any money in or seeking to influence matters. I think that's the best I can do!

My original post was carefully worded to imply that they might have provided funds and assisted in other ways BUT can anyone point me to any evidence of this to date?

The day to day operations are down to Tiger, whereas the wider development of the club will involve all board members. There is evidence to suggest that a new stadium is very much part of the plan, but this can't be confirmed until everything is signed and done. So I would guess that there is plenty to show the involvement of the board but this won't become clear until everything else is in place.

Back
Top Bottom