Erick and the Election

The day to day operations are down to Tiger, whereas the wider development of the club will involve all board members. There is evidence to suggest that a new stadium is very much part of the plan, but this can't be confirmed until everything is signed and done. So I would guess that there is plenty to show the involvement of the board but this won't become clear until everything else is in place.
That sort of sums it up - I also guess this to be the case but there is no confirmed evidence of any funding or other tangible influence from the wider Board.

That sort of sums it up - I also guess this to be the case but there is no confirmed evidence of any funding or other tangible influence from the wider Board.
Why don't you ask them direct? I'm sure they will all be more than willing to disclose any or all of their financial transactions. :rolleyes:

It is very much a case of having some faith, sorry, but that's the way it is. Personally, I would guess that funding is being made available as buying land and building a stadium isn't normally possible with just fresh air!

I’ve always maintained that regardless of anything else, I think there are people around the boardroom who are here for a stadium. Exactly why, when, who, how - couldn’t tell you. But there are people around the board with serious money and a history in property development, and who have in some cases actively built a football stadium in the past. Pure, simple logic tells you that it’s what they’re around for, and if they’re still around today it suggests that there’s at least an okay chance of something happening relatively soon, as in not some wild pipe dream ten years from now. You don’t need a tin foil hat to see any of that, just a pair of eyes that work to some moderately acceptable standard.

And if we do get away from where we currently play our games - I will never refer to it as a home - anybody remotely involved in it can have a statue as far as I’m concerned.

It's strange really how things change I would have been more concerned if Tiger was resigning!
I’ve always maintained that regardless of anything else, I think there are people around the boardroom who are here for a stadium. Exactly why, when, who, how - couldn’t tell you. But there are people around the board with serious money and a history in property development, and who have in some cases actively built a football stadium in the past. Pure, simple logic tells you that it’s what they’re around for, and if they’re still around today it suggests that there’s at least an okay chance of something happening relatively soon, as in not some wild pipe dream ten years from now. You don’t need a tin foil hat to see any of that, just a pair of eyes that work to some moderately acceptable standard.

And if we do get away from where we currently play our games - I will never refer to it as a home - anybody remotely involved in it can have a statue as far as I’m concerned.
Hopefully there is a plan B, you never know this new stadium malarkey might never get off the ground.

A new stadium 22,500, with multi purpose complex, and retail area. Something where the communities get to use and benefit from. A water park swimming centre with slides and tubes, and wave pool. A couple of bars around the area too, and restaurants.

Outside the stadium a couple of statues. Maurice Evans and Jim Smith. It would be lovely! We can dream eh...

Last edited:
Plan B would be to stay as we are. But let's not dismiss plan A so easily. This new stadium malarkey is very real whether you believe it or not.
Real in what sense?
People are still looking for possible sites, I know that’s happening.
In your opinion, will anything proper happen like finding a suitable land deal, building consent, all the stuff required and all boxes ticked before any building work starts within the next two years.

Real in what sense?
People are still looking for possible sites, I know that’s happening.
In your opinion, will anything proper happen like finding a suitable land deal, building consent, all the stuff required and all boxes ticked before any building work starts within the next two years.
There are too many variables to give a clear timeframe but I would be very confident that we will have something very tangible in the next 2 years.

Hopefully there is a plan B, you never know this new stadium malarkey might never get off the ground.
You are absolutely right there. I'm merely of the opinion that there must be at least a reasonable chance of something potentially happening for the people who are on and around the board to show up here in the first place, and in turn still be here now. There must be A chance of some description. How big that chance is? That's what we're all waiting to see.

All I know is that if there's even a glimmer of hope that we might really, genuinely leave the wind tunnel one day, I'd love to keep believing in it. I cannot stand the thought of having to roll into another lease and essentially ending any possibility of leaving that place for another quarter of a century.

Does anyone actually think the place will be fit for purpose going into another 25 years without substantial investment?
Well there’s the question, who would go into an agreement whatever the timescale without proper access and management control.
It will be all about the detail that makes the deal worthwhile for the club owners.

Indeed. When (if) the time comes in a few years to re-sign the lease with Kassam, as I understand it the club has basically got the choice of signing up for another 25 years or moving elsewhere. That is a frightening thought.

Indeed. When (if) the time comes in a few years to re-sign the lease with Kassam, as I understand it the club has basically got the choice of signing up for another 25 years or moving elsewhere. That is a frightening thought.
I would be surprised if that is the only scenario, I think these guys are more adept businessmen than the sock less one.

I think that is probably the easiest question to answer that anyone has ever posted on this forum.
I think you might get the same answer from supporters of teams up and down the country, it's the appetite of the investors that will see where we end up, get the land deal for our stadium or invest in the ground and upgrade it to suit.

Back
Top Bottom