Erick and the Election

There's more chance of Kip's deceased grandmother turning up to any board meetings than there is Thohir, if I remember correctly.

news from Monday
Mahaka Media jumped as much as 18%, extending gains a fifth day, amid speculation President Commissioner Erick Thohir may join President Joko Widodo’s new cabinet.
The rally shows that the appointment of a figure of a business group can improve its image, according to Thendra Crisnanda, head of institution research at MNC Sekuritas
Mining company Adaro Energy +2.7%, oil and gas company Surya Esa Perkasa +1.5%; Erick’s brother Garibaldi Thohir is a top executive of both firms.

news from Monday
Mahaka Media jumped as much as 18%, extending gains a fifth day, amid speculation President Commissioner Erick Thohir may join President Joko Widodo’s new cabinet.
The rally shows that the appointment of a figure of a business group can improve its image, according to Thendra Crisnanda, head of institution research at MNC Sekuritas
Mining company Adaro Energy +2.7%, oil and gas company Surya Esa Perkasa +1.5%; Erick’s brother Garibaldi Thohir is a top executive of both firms.
so what does all that mean in relation to any new stadium?

Today's news.

Newly appointed Minister of State-Owned Enterprises Erick Thohir vows to improve governance of government-controlled companies.
“I don’t want good corporate governance in state-owned companies to be just a lip service,” Thohir tells reporters

My only hope is that he's already helped to line up the next stages in the stadium process for us - otherwise he's been around for over a year without doing much.

From what I know of politics, he was not actually allowed to remain as our director. Probably still involved informally.
He says in his statement that the appointment means he can't remain on our board.

As I’ve got absolutely no idea what he’s done since joining the Board of Directors (not a criticism of him) I can’t say that I know whether to be concerned or not. The job he’s just secured himself and his ambitions are going to take much of his time so it seems entirely sensible for him to step down regardless of whether there was any conflict in being involved with both parties.

Surely the club must’ve known this was a possibility all along, so have a contingency plan in place?

Not gonna start panicking just yet...

Relax KR says he has money to burn in January. Perhaps Erick left him a nice little nest egg.

Back
Top Bottom