International News Donald Trump ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

The issue is more complicated than just guns. Trump can legally utilise the Insurrection Act (as HW Bush and JFK did) in order to get order on the streets. I am not backing the Trump decision re Armed Forces, but is it acceptable in a 1st world country for that level of violence to occur on consecutive nights and be relatively unchecked? Is the physical and mental damage justified? The mayors and politicians in the affected citues are largely on the Democratic side, and they have been found wanting.

Sadly, it seems there are agitators like Antifa involved too amplifying the issue.

If one cares to look at the death stats for inner cities in places like Chicago, it tells a very sad and largely under reported story of poverty, gangs, gun violence and death. Even sadder is the amount of "black on black" crime whose numbers are shocking. They are not more or less important that stupid Cops acting tough guys and killing/hurting criminals for whatever justification, but the issues are heavily intertwined in each other. People should protest about that as it could be said it's a bigger and more fundamental issue.

this is an American thing with a very poor President fanning the flames of anarchy with his comments, and now he is threatening to send the army in to quell the riots. When will the yanks realise what a plonker they have in the White House.
Hopefully by November

Perhaps this uber-irrational behaviour demonstrated by Bunker Boy could be an unintended side-effect of the hydroxychloroquine? What a s**t-show.

When do negotiations for a trade deal with the US of A begin, by the way?
We're busy preparing the ground by shafting our own farmers.......

The issue is more complicated than just guns. Trump can legally utilise the Insurrection Act (as HW Bush and JFK did) in order to get order on the streets. I am not backing the Trump decision re Armed Forces, but is it acceptable in a 1st world country for that level of violence to occur on consecutive nights and be relatively unchecked? Is the physical and mental damage justified? The mayors and politicians in the affected citues are largely on the Democratic side, and they have been found wanting.

Sadly, it seems there are agitators like Antifa involved too amplifying the issue.

If one cares to look at the death stats for inner cities in places like Chicago, it tells a very sad and largely under reported story of poverty, gangs, gun violence and death. Even sadder is the amount of "black on black" crime whose numbers are shocking. They are not more or less important that stupid Cops acting tough guys and killing/hurting criminals for whatever justification, but the issues are heavily intertwined in each other. People should protest about that as it could be said it's a bigger and more fundamental issue.
Plenty of examples of Far right hate crimes as part of the violence - why not highlight those too, for balance?

Like this one:
or this one: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/wor...d6039f9789ad0655ecef18&pinned_post_type=share

It could be , not sure I get your point though.
That is why order needs to be enforced as otherwise you will have given over to the mob
If the protesters over here protesting over the murder of George Floyd and they decided to match it maybe seen by some here to start rioting and looting

He can't send in the army, I believe the constitution prohibits it.
Not sure what the constitution is regarding the army being sent in although I thought I heard somewhere a few years back they werenโ€™t allowed in because they canโ€™t take up arms against their own people. But this is trump he will do whatever he wants, just hope if it goes against the constitution the generals give him the proverbial and tell him to jog on.

And I wonder if that will come before or after we realise what a plonker we've got in Number 10 ? ;)
Heโ€™s doing ok, off course there have been errors a learning curve and all that, but I stand by what I said previously out of all the political parties at the time of the pandemic, he was the best out of all the leaders.

Whataboutism!

But yeah, plenty going on over there that is not just normal protesting, but the far left are real instigators in this. I see Antifa finally got labelled as a terrorist organisation which was a long time coming.

Stuff like the below is what the news should be showing...

Heโ€™s doing ok, off course there have been errors a learning curve and all that, but I stand by what I said previously out of all the political parties at the time of the pandemic, he was the best out of all the leaders.

That may or not be true about him being the best of the leaders - it doesn't make him good though.

The mayors and politicians in the affected citues are largely on the Democratic side, and they have been found wanting.
I donโ€™t disagree that they have been found wanting - their whole nation has, but the fact that they are largely Democrat is most likely a symptom rather than a causal factor. Mayors of big US cities are mostly Democrat.
... not to mention the right wing agitators...

I donโ€™t disagree that they have been found wanting - their whole nation has, but the fact that they are largely Democrat is most likely a symptom rather than a causal factor. Mayors of big US cities are mostly Democrat.
... not to mention the right wing agitators...

Yep, it is all these lefties stoking the fires...

Whataboutism!

But yeah, plenty going on over there that is not just normal protesting, but the far left are real instigators in this. I see Antifa finally got labelled as a terrorist organisation which was a long time coming.

Stuff like the below is what the news should be showing...
Have they?

By anyone more credible than Trump?

"The antifa movement โ€” a network of loosely organized radical groups who use direct action to fight the far-right and fascism โ€” has been targeted by President Donald Trump as the force behind some of the violence and property destruction seen at some protests, though little evidence has been provided for such claims."

That may or not be true about him being the best of the leaders - it doesn't make him good though.
No it donโ€™t and I donโ€™t think anyone would have been good, the only one that would have been good if they had be in charge but alas they are from New Zealand

Or being used to control mobs bent on killing/ burning/ looting / attacking people . So just sit back and watch livelihoods go up in flames...mob rule on the streets?

I wasn't being serious. I'm not sure Emily Thornberry is being entirely serious either, just having a bit of a dig.

Overnight in central Minneapolis police have withdrawn and allowed protest. The protest has been peaceful. Meanwhile the local authorities are to investigate alleged institutional racism within the police force. Reasonable conduct seems to be working. Certainly to be preferred to tear gassing and baton charging the innocent along with a minority of opportunist rioters.

Compare to Portland, Oregon (normally a relaxed, liberal city) where peaceful protestors are still being attacked by police. This is a crazy country where state / city responses to the Floyd situation lack uniformity.

also good to see some officers kneeling in solidarity with the protesters

Policing in the United States is conducted by "around to 18,000 federal, state, local and city departments, all with their own rules" (Wiki)

That's one problem. Another is of course that local law enforcement officials are voted in! So they have a vested interest in appealing to the majority of people in their area and very little in standing up for minorities. Certainly not in doing *anything* that might upset the former to benefit the latter.

So over the country, you get a piecemeal and inconsistent approach which very much depends on the character and competence of individuals at a local level. Which is what we are seeing now.

I just hope that come November the voters will see what that idiot is like and vote accordingly but this is America with a lot of institutional racism amongst their ranks.

Back
Top Bottom