2 - Wigan
3 - Fleetwood
3 - Forest Green Rovers

Teams I’d put in their place:

1 - York City
2 - Stockport County
3 - Notts County
4 - Torquay United

Did wonder that myself. Out of all the teams in the PL, surely Bournemouth, along with Burnley, must be the least offensive? Maybe a personal experience or something.

The only offensive thing at Bournemouth was Peter Hucker carrying the ball over his own line.

I would have thought that Bournemouth as club shows what can Be achieved by what has always been a lower level club with the right backing and management team in place

Wycombe, Salford, A.F.C. Wimbledon, Fleetwood, Forest green etc are all good shouts but one club stands out for me as the most pointless in the football league, Stevenage (are they still called Borough?) the club that bought a coach and a half full to us in a promotion battle and in the following 10 years appeared to have gained no new fans. They are a non league club, no shame in that but they would be better if in the Ryman premier.

They are clearly doing something to support their local communities so I would like them somehow to survive

Did wonder that myself. Out of all the teams in the PL, surely Bournemouth, along with Burnley, must be the least offensive? Maybe a personal experience or something.

They cheated financial fair play rules to get there: https://www.skysports.com/football/...-6m-after-breaching-financial-fair-play-rules

I'm also not a big fan of the Eddie Howe love in and also don't feel they add any value to being in the premier league. I just feel they may of out stayed their welcome in the top league just like Stoke did.

They cheated financial fair play rules to get there: https://www.skysports.com/football/...-6m-after-breaching-financial-fair-play-rules

I'm also not a big fan of the Eddie Howe love in and also don't feel they add any value to being in the premier league. I just feel they may of out stayed their welcome in the top league just like Stoke did.
Yup. The amount of money Bournemouth’s Russian sugar daddy spent was absolutely outrageous at the time.

Pretty sure Brighton’s accounts for when they made it up a few seasons back were beyond grim as well.

Yup. The amount of money Bournemouth’s Russian sugar daddy spent was absolutely outrageous at the time.

Pretty sure Brighton’s accounts for when they made it up a few seasons back were beyond grim as well.

To go from a 10.3 million loss to making 38.3 million pound loss the next season is shocking yet their fans were quite happy to sit back and except it while the club just got a 'tiny' 7.6m fine. QPR have spent years trying to over spend their way to the top but fail quite a lot.

You just need to look at clubs like Bolton and Sunderland when clubs continue to over spend. Eventually it goes pop or you end up in the lower leagues.

FFP rules are bullshit. Designed to do nothing more than ensure the existing big clubs don't get challenged.

1 - Bournemouth
2 - Wigan
3 - Fleetwood
3 - Forest Green Rovers

Teams I’d put in their place:

1 - York City
2 - Stockport County
3 - Notts County
4 - Torquay United

Totally agree re Bournemouth, considered them for my selections. Nothing 'organic' about their success at all -- a car crash where everyone walked from the wreckage. (And got into a fancy new car if you want to to torture the metaphor)

I think that putting York into the PL is controversial though.

There's only one team I'd like to see go down a division..........I remember the 70's and 80's and all the times we took loads of fans to this place and ran their fans ragged. We outsung and out hard-cased these fuckers, but they kept on beating us at their ground. I'm talking about Scumdon Town, of course! I still remember that smoke bomb and Roy Burton trying to waft it away from him and them scoring and the bloody ref allowing the goal!

Since no one's mentioned them yet, I'd like to see Watford get wiped out.
As for Burnley, I for one don't like them because of the level of support for the far-right around the town.
Fairly bizarre couple of choices ..... I'd choose Crawley Town as had an unhappy experience in a burger king there some years ago ?

Totally agree re Bournemouth, considered them for my selections. Nothing 'organic' about their success at all -- a car crash where everyone walked from the wreckage. (And got into a fancy new car if you want to to torture the metaphor)

I think that putting York into the PL is controversial though.

Got to admit I have a dog in this fight because I personally know someone who was instrumental in saving Bournemouth. The work that went into it was phenomenal and they deserve everything they've achieved. That some don't like the fact that Bournemouth spent more than some arbitrary limit, brought in for spurious reasons, doesn't detract from how big their achievement has been.

Fairly bizarre couple of choices ..... I'd choose Crawley Town as had an unhappy experience in a burger king there some years ago ?
Since no one's mentioned them yet, I'd like to see Watford get wiped out.
As for Burnley, I for one don't like them because of the level of support for the far-right around the town.
I got shot down for saying this at the time!

FFP rules are bullshit. Designed to do nothing more than ensure the existing big clubs don't get challenged.

So true, and it’s amazing how many fans seem to buy into them still.

A billionaire could buy a club and literally gift them £500m to buy players and it wouldn’t be allowed, no debt, no risking the clubs future. It’s purely because the big old clubs feel like they deserve to be big forever and don’t want anyone else spoiling the party.

Back
Top Bottom