EFL Prem B teams

bazzer9461

God like member
Premier League B teams being introduced into the English Football League "is absolutely not something" that will happen, says EFL chairman Rick Parry.

Parry is pushing for the EFL to receive a 25% share of the revenue from selling Premier League and EFL broadcast rights together.
However, the B teams of top-flight clubs joining the EFL will not be part of any deal.

"Frankly, I don't even see it being on the table," said Parry.

Former Football Association chairman Greg Dyke put forward the idea in 2014 of a new tier within the Football League to accommodate Premier League B teams as part of a four-point plan to boost English football.

"I just don't see it and, irrespective of my view, it is absolutely not something that our clubs have any enthusiasm for," added Parry, the former Liverpool chief executive.

"It's been tried. Greg Dyke tried it, [Another former FA chair] Greg Clarke introduced it at the very start of [Project] Big Picture and I said, 'that's non-negotiable, it's not happening'.

" I've spoken quite a lot about fresh ideas, new thinking, not having preconceived ideas, but I've got a preconceived idea about B teams and that's not within the boundaries.

"The strength of the EFL is that every one of our clubs sits at the heart of the community. Our clubs put almost as much emphasis on the community as they do on the first team and what happens on the pitch.

"This isn't about B teams suddenly parachuting in because you cannot possibly replicate that. It's just misunderstanding what the pyramid is."

Along with the EFL getting 25% of all future TV deals, Parry backed controversial 'Project Big Picture' plans which also included the EFL Cup being scrapped.

"Could it be that the clubs not in Europe play in it, could it just be an EFL competition? All things are possible," said Parry.

Premier League B teams being introduced into the English Football League "is absolutely not something" that will happen, says EFL chairman Rick Parry.

Parry is pushing for the EFL to receive a 25% share of the revenue from selling Premier League and EFL broadcast rights together.
However, the B teams of top-flight clubs joining the EFL will not be part of any deal.

"Frankly, I don't even see it being on the table," said Parry.

Former Football Association chairman Greg Dyke put forward the idea in 2014 of a new tier within the Football League to accommodate Premier League B teams as part of a four-point plan to boost English football.

"I just don't see it and, irrespective of my view, it is absolutely not something that our clubs have any enthusiasm for," added Parry, the former Liverpool chief executive.

"It's been tried. Greg Dyke tried it, [Another former FA chair] Greg Clarke introduced it at the very start of [Project] Big Picture and I said, 'that's non-negotiable, it's not happening'.

" I've spoken quite a lot about fresh ideas, new thinking, not having preconceived ideas, but I've got a preconceived idea about B teams and that's not within the boundaries.

"The strength of the EFL is that every one of our clubs sits at the heart of the community. Our clubs put almost as much emphasis on the community as they do on the first team and what happens on the pitch.

"This isn't about B teams suddenly parachuting in because you cannot possibly replicate that. It's just misunderstanding what the pyramid is."

Along with the EFL getting 25% of all future TV deals, Parry backed controversial 'Project Big Picture' plans which also included the EFL Cup being scrapped.

"Could it be that the clubs not in Europe play in it, could it just be an EFL competition? All things are possible," said Parry.
Parry is an idiot .... a dangerous one at that, IMO

Opportunity to get some more £££££££`s - its happening then.

Games gone.

And a World Cup every 2 years................. because it`ll double the revenue..... no other reason.

West Ham U-21s kicked out of the PJT for fielding a player who had clocked up two yellow cards in the previous matches.

Back
Top Bottom