National News Covidiots.....

While the English gov financial help for self employed website (which went live during last week, and has crashed more or less on a daily basis) , in Scotland help of a financial nature is less problematic to gain access to the system.....and its very wide in the self employed help on offer north of the border ! ..

Have to say, I found applying for the Self Employed grant very easy. Checked in advance if I qualified, applied on the day/time as specified....payment apparently in 6 days

These numbers are tiny when compared to the UK population but even so, sad that they act in this manner.
Particularly as none of them can actually explain why it's a 'fake virus' or why it's just a means for the government to control us. As someone wiser than me said, you're entitled to an opinion provided it's an informed opinion.

Have to say, I found applying for the Self Employed grant very easy. Checked in advance if I qualified, applied on the day/time as specified....payment apparently in 6 days
So, in 6 days time, can we expect some in-depth stats? ;)

Agree. Very straightforward.

Frustratingly for me my busiest and most profitable time of the year is spring/summer so financially I’m a fair bit down. However such is life and I’m grateful for the grant. It will be interesting to see if the Chancellor extends it in line with the the furlough.

Agree. Very straightforward.

Frustratingly for me my busiest and most profitable time of the year is spring/summer so financially I’m a fair bit down. However such is life and I’m grateful for the grant. It will be interesting to see if the Chancellor extends it in line with the the furlough.

pleased for both of you ( @Shosho & @Yellow River) that youve applied & been processed favourably :)

Probably due to my Luddite tendencies when it comes to technology, as yet I've not managed to get onto/into the gov self-employed website ( yet) ... I shall keep trying though

pleased for both of you ( @Shosho & @Yellow River) that youve applied & been processed favourably :)

Probably due to my Luddite tendencies when it comes to technology, as yet I've not managed to get onto/into the gov self-employed website ( yet) ... I shall keep trying though

Sarge.. your landlady is an accountant. You should have been ready to process the application as soon as your window went live.

It takes less than a minute or two and you’re sorted.

Even one or two of my clients who admittedly have minimal tech ability found it a breeze.

Last edited:
While the English gov financial help for self employed website (which went live during last week, and has crashed more or less on a daily basis) , in Scotland help of a financial nature is less problematic to gain access to the system.....and its very wide in the self employed help on offer north of the border ! ..
I went on it and got it sorted in 10 mins, no problem for me sarge, thankful for the help from them.

Sarge.. your landlady is an accountant. You should have been ready to process the application as soon as your window went live.

It takes less than a minute or two and you’re sorted.

Even one or two of my clients who admittedly have minimal tech ability found it a breeze.
I went on it and got it sorted in 10 mins, no problem for me sarge, thankful for the help from them.

Im planning another foray on there tomorrow - fingers crossed it all goes painlessly, and to plan ?

guess my previous attempts were at 'peak' times?

This is why you have strong central messaging on restrictions, because without it people do daft crap like this and feel vindicated, because the message is essentially seen as “do what you like”.

But then that’s the plan, isn’t it?

This is why you have strong central messaging on restrictions, because without it people do daft crap like this and feel vindicated, because the message is essentially seen as “do what you like”.

Lancashire Police said: "One particularly uncaring individual stated, 'Well we're all going to get it, so what's the point?' and refused to follow the PCSOs' advice." Police said the three people who fled were "presumably more concerned about receiving a fine than giving someone else a potentially fatal disease".

Combination of ignorance and selfishness. Perhaps we can vaccinate against that?

Exactly. 'Woolly' messages lead to this sort of thing!!

• React
Reactions: QR

Sorry to say Sarge Mrs Pompeyyellows did hers ( and shes no boffin ) with no problems booked her slot in advance signed in hey presto 5 mins later was told how much she is getting and should be in bank any day now

Back
Top Bottom