International News Covid-19 .....

Looks like some, if not all, of the home nations will keep the legally mandated masks longer than England.
It'll be interesting to see the infection rate in comparison to England after July 19th.

Typically it's all too soon. The current restrictions should be kept for a while yet. They are not too harsh anyway.
Businesses will be having to close for periods as cases increase. My mate tried to book a table for a meal on Wednesday only to be told sorry no staff all self isolating
!!
Can see football fixtures being affected by August too.

Typically it's all too soon. The current restrictions should be kept for a while yet. They are not too harsh anyway.
Businesses will be having to close for periods as cases increase. My mate tried to book a table for a meal on Wednesday only to be told sorry no staff all self isolating
!!
Can see football fixtures being affected by August too.
Oh don't. One of the reasons I'd rather some of the restrictions were kept is that I really don't want to go into lockdown again! Especially in winter, which is miserable enough.

Oh don't. One of the reasons I'd rather some of the restrictions were kept is that I really don't want to go into lockdown again! Especially in winter, which is miserable enough.
Not to mention the NHS being in for an extremely rough ride this winter, because the lack of mask wearing means the resurgence of other seasonal respiratory infections, compared to last winter when seasonal flu for example was at virtually zero cases ...largely BECAUSE of mask wearing and hygiene/distancing measures.

Has protecting the NHS fallen out of fashion now :unsure:

Oh well ....in Saj we trust 🤪

Not to mention the NHS being in for an extremely rough ride this winter, because the lack of mask wearing means the resurgence of other seasonal respiratory infections, compared to last winter when seasonal flu for example was at virtually zero cases ...largely BECAUSE of mask wearing and hygiene/distancing measures.

Has protecting the NHS fallen out of fashion now :unsure:

Oh well ....in Saj we trust 🤪

Didn't 50,000 die from the Flu a couple of years ago? Maybe an argument for continuing with distancing and mask wearing every winter.

I fully expect Parliament to be full to the rafters when they sit on or after Freedom Day, no masks etc. What is good for the Goose is good for gander etc.

Looks to me that Boris has all but given up on it. No real surprise there on him giving up on stuff or a half baked job. Depressingly I think we’ll be in for another lockdown later on down the line due to this.

It won’t be long before the hospital cases creep up and non urgent care is back of the queue. I’d not be surprised to see many countries around the world wanting to keep us out as the cases begin to rise.

I think this’ll be his downfall. Living with it and ignoring it are two very different things. The measures currently in place are living with it and aside from a few inconveniences really aren’t all that bad.

Looks to me that Boris has all but given up on it. No real surprise there on him giving up on stuff or a half baked job. Depressingly I think we’ll be in for another lockdown later on down the line due to this.

It won’t be long before the hospital cases creep up and non urgent care is back of the queue. I’d not be surprised to see many countries around the world wanting to keep us out as the cases begin to rise.

I think this’ll be his downfall. Living with it and ignoring it are two very different things. The measures currently in place are living with it and aside from a few inconveniences really aren’t all that bad.
Yes, who minds wearing a mask? Some of the rules are a bit pointless, eg wearing a mask to go into a pub but then taking it off when you sit down

It's not giving up.... @Essexyellows has already told us this is "somewhere in the middle" not to mention that it is all about common sense and personal risk assessment.

Do what's right for you (and f**k everyone else into the bargain if you think that's OK for you).

What is wrong with you people?!?!?! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It's not giving up.... @Essexyellows has already told us this is "somewhere in the middle" not to mention that it is all about common sense and personal risk assessment.

Do what's right for you (and f**k everyone else into the bargain if you think that's OK for you).

Shall I explain it simply for you as you seem to be struggling that it is either/or?

Currently, it is a legal/mandatory requirement to wear a face-covering on a bus.

As of the 19th July it won`t be a legal/mandatory requirement but it would be the individual's societal responsibility to do so.

That is the "middle ground".

It`s not complex neither is it "f**k everyone".

Take some social responsibility, it's no different from sweeping the pavement in front of your house rather than expecting someone else to do it.

Very true! I guess I stupidly assumed elected officials had some level of responsibility for ensuring common sense prevailed and assessing the risks.

Lockdown being at one end of the scale and back to normal being the other I’d suggest the latest announcement is somewhat far from being “in the middle”.

Shall I explain it simply for you as you seem to be struggling that it is either/or?

Currently, it is a legal/mandatory requirement to wear a face-covering on a bus.

As of the 19th July it won`t be a legal/mandatory requirement but it would be the individual's societal responsibility to do so.

Take some social responsibility, it's no different from sweeping the pavement in front of your house rather than expecting someone else to do it.
Would you take a similar view of speed limits? Use your responsibility, the nanny state shouldn't tell big tough men how to drive.

Wow.... I didn't realise you were that naive....... You seriously think this exercising of common sense is going to work out well, what with a booze fuelled summer of freedom to look forward to?.....actually don't answer that because in the very same post where you talk about personal responsibility, you also openly admit that you already know that plenty won't.

So just what is the point in pretending this illusion of personal responsibility is worth anything at all? Because if it is not collective, it won't work!

And I did note that earlier you were questioning whether this says more about society or government. Both, I would say, given that successive (predominantly tory) governments have been telling people for decades that greed is good...you can have what you want, when you want and your needs are more important than anyone elses and "there's no such thing as society".

So yes, I will blame much of the attitude of modern "society" on that of governments who've led them that way by a need to convince people to support them through the illusion that they, the individual, ALWAYS comes first above all else.

Would you take a similar view of speed limits? Use your responsibility, the nanny state shouldn't tell big tough men how to drive.

Yep, a speed limit is the maximum permitted speed.

If it is piddling down with rain or foggy you slow down accordingly................................ you use your responsibility as the driver and do a risk assessment.**

You`ll get there eventually.

**travelling downhill in the wife's new car and accidentally reaching 35 in a 30 is obviously a slight error. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Wow.... I didn't realise you were that naive....... You seriously think this exercising of common sense is going to work out well, what with a booze fuelled summer of freedom to look forward to?.....actually don't answer that because in the very same post where you talk about personal responsibility, you also openly admit that you already know that plenty won't.

So just what is the point in pretending this illusion of personal responsibility is worth anything at all? Because if it is not collective, it won't work!

And I did note that earlier you were questioning whether this says more about society or government. Both, I would say, given that successive (predominantly tory) governments have been telling people for decades that greed is good...you can have what you want, when you want and your needs are more important than anyone elses and "there's no such thing as society".

So yes, I will blame much of the attitude of modern "society" on that of governments who've led them that way by a need to convince people to support them through the illusion that they, the individual, ALWAYS comes first above all else.

Modern society started going downhill when they abolished the cane & the slipper and the children gained rights without responsibility *

*JRM School of Victorian Values. 😁

Yep, a speed limit is the maximum permitted speed.

If it is piddling down with rain or foggy you slow down accordingly................................ you use your responsibility as the driver and do a risk assessment.**

You`ll get there eventually.

**travelling downhill in the wife's new car and accidentally reaching 35 in a 30 is obviously a slight error. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Blooming eck!!
The point here is breaking the speed limit is against the law so most of us drive below them or you could get a hefty fine or worse.
At the moment it is legal to wear a mask in certain situations. That is being scrapped so all the idiots can legally just do what they want and f**ck everyone else without facing a fine.

Have you seen the amount of litter in the streets? Or the amount of dog s**t that still doesn’t get bagged and binned? 😉

Back
Top Bottom