International News Covid-19 .....

I've been told that Wockhardt an Indian owned company that have pharma production plants all over the world will be producing it at the plant in Wrexham for the uk. Was supposed to start by now but have had some problems. Should start next month. Don't know what is going on at Harwell.
Harwell due to up and running in the summer. 1 year ahead of schedule.

Damning new evidence of the mishandling of Covid in the England .....

Not necessarily true as those who had it and died could still have had it and died in a week.

The interaction of infected patients from care home to hospital and vice versa was the biggest driver of deaths early on but with limited testing at the time it was a necessity.

Any full lockdown takes 2 weeks to work as it allows time for asymptomatic folk to become un-infectious and folk with it to get better, or die.

Whilst we continue to let folk in from other countries there is little purpose to lockdowns as the South African variant proves..

Nor according to Handcockup, he said production had started already. Liar liar Hancocks on fire.

It has been manufactured in a limited capacity ahead of receiving MHRA approval, that is expected before the year end with a current start date of vaccination of January 11th.
Surprisingly you can not magic the development, production at scale, resources and regulatory approval out of thin air.

It has been manufactured in a limited capacity ahead of receiving MHRA approval, that is expected before the year end with a current start date of vaccination of January 11th.
Surprisingly you can not magic the development, production at scale, resources and regulatory approval out of thin air.
Totally agree, but the statement was yet another lie. On another thread it was said production difficulties meant production would not start until the new year.

But are our death numbers really higher. We count differently and as I understand it if I die today of a heart attack today and am tested and prove positive for Covid - I died of that. Doesn't sound very accurate to me.
But how many die of covid but after the 28 day cut off?

But how many die of covid but after the 28 day cut off?

Depends on where they die.
Hospital inpatients are frequently tested so the 28 day extends with each blood test.
Patients who leave, survive 28 days then have a heart attack aren`t Covid deaths although it may have been a contributory factor to their death.
Only if the certificating doctor puts Covid on the DC does it become a Covid death.

I did scoff, but then I realised we eventually ended up in Tier 5 and it made me too sad to respond positively to the initial sharp wit.
True. We can update the quip in about mid-January when tier 5 is "thought up" by the government...

Damning new evidence of the mishandling of Covid in the England .....QUOTE]

So the 20,000 “saving” could have been largely made if the UK’s various public health authorities, had had a different policy, other than a blanket discharging of up to 25,000,untested patients into care homes.
Article also alludes to the fact that ours and most European health systems,have been shaped and optimised over decades, to treat and deal with “more chronic, non-infectious illnesses”, in contrast to Asian countries who have experienced Sars and Avian Influenza.

Enlightening, informative.

But for me, at this stage, it is still not absolutely clear beyond doubt, that ALL of our Covid19 woes can be laid at the doorstep of this leaderless government, of only 12 months, nor, for that matter, 10 years of austerity.
I think Parliament over the past 40 years has increasing left a lot to be desired, in terms of national long term planning strategies and legislation.
Since the 2016 referendum,Parliament has been a total non entity

Agree @LowerSouth

December 2020 - Swindon moves up into Tier 3

End of 2020-21 - Swindon go down into the fourth tier.

Caught up with a friend of mine today who’s done two weeks self quarantine having returned to the U.K. from Spain (where he lives) to spend a month here with his family.

I was unsurprised to hear of his shock that he was able to walk straight off the plane, no checking of paperwork, no temperature check or check for where he was due to be staying. He walked straight out the door and off on his way back to his family (by private vehicle).

Now he’s done the right thing by using a private vehicle, having a test in Spain before he left and then self quarantining himself but you do sit and wonder how we continue to completely f**k this up!!

Meanwhile when he heads back at the end of Jan he has to have a test 72hrs prior to flying, submit his details on arrival of where he is staying and is then spot checked by the local police until his 2 weeks quarantine is up.

We never seem to learn.

Caught up with a friend of mine today who’s done two weeks self quarantine having returned to the U.K. from Spain (where he lives) to spend a month here with his family.

I was unsurprised to hear of his shock that he was able to walk straight off the plane, no checking of paperwork, no temperature check or check for where he was due to be staying. He walked straight out the door and off on his way back to his family (by private vehicle).

Now he’s done the right thing by using a private vehicle, having a test in Spain before he left and then self quarantining himself but you do sit and wonder how we continue to completely f**k this up!!

Meanwhile when he heads back at the end of Jan he has to have a test 72hrs prior to flying, submit his details on arrival of where he is staying and is then spot checked by the local police until his 2 weeks quarantine is up.

We never seem to learn.

I call upon one of our staunch defenders of government to defend this.

Edit: what am I thinking? It will be far easier to deny than defend.

Back
Top Bottom