International News Covid-19 .....

What an absolute waste...

Lets not get wrapped up in ‘it’s a different budget”. You allocate money to one budget means another cause goes without.

No justification whatsoever to waste money on something like this, irrespective of the current Covid climate.

Why oh why do local councils and governments in general make such idiotic decisions?.

No mater who is in power, we see utter B*****s like this time after time after time.
Councils that allow areas to become run down are criticised and they are also criticised when they try to reverse such declines.

Councils that allow areas to become run down are criticised and they are also criticised when they try to reverse such declines.

It`s paint on the side of a building.
What will happen is that the "art" will attract more graffiti and make the area look more of a s**t hole than it already does.
They would do better spending said capital money on a project to clean off graffiti and punishing the scrotes that do it.

What will happen is that the "art" will attract more graffiti and make the area look more of a s**t hole than it already does.
They would do better spending said capital money on a project to clean off graffiti and punishing the scrotes that do it.
Everyone has their own view.

Punishment is for the legal system and they can't spend capital budgets on cleaning off graffiti as cleaning is a revenue expenditure.

There is also some quite impressive assumptions about graffiti and art there. You seem to be missing the part about improving an area often reduces such things as graffiti etc.

Well, we all have our views as you say...personally I think it contributes nothing. In fact it looks like a bloody eyesore.

I take it you thought the Garden Bridge in London was a fab idea then ?

Well, we all have our views as you say...personally I think it contributes nothing. In fact it looks like a bloody eyesore.

I take it you thought the Garden Bridge in London was a fab idea then ?
I've neither supported or criticised the street art. It's for the council to defend its spending.

Re the garden bridge I think too much money is spend on London in general to the detriment of the rest of the county.

now there was me thinking we're all in it together ... seems domcum & bojo n co are still living out orwell's animal farm, where some are more equal than others ...

now there was me thinking we're all in it together ... seems domcum & bojo n co are still living out orwell's animal farm, where some are more equal than others ...

Do as we say don't say as we do, Peasants.

I see they've sort of done a U Turn. No alcohol to be sold after 10pm in the parliament bars. Didn't say they would be shutting the place like they are making us plebs do, though.

Why do they need a bar in parliament anyway? Wouldn't be surprised if the drinks are subsidised by the taxpayer either!

I see they've sort of done a U Turn. No alcohol to be sold after 10pm in the parliament bars. Didn't say they would be shutting the place like they are making us plebs do, though.

Why do they need a bar in parliament anyway? Wouldn't be surprised if the drinks are subsidised by the taxpayer either!
... there's no smoking ban in HoC/ Parliament bar either .... 'they' really do think they're 'more equal' than others don't they ! :oops: :mad::(

They will keep serving food when late night debates happen but not alcohol:

No but that would be because they are working tbf, just like other places of work that are open.

Pubs and restaurants (etc) -out in the real world -currently have to be not only empty but also closed by 10pm

HoC / Parliament bar isn't, IMO, by any stretch of the imagination 'a works canteen'

No but that would be because they are working tbf, just like other places of work that are open.
If they are getting slaughtered 'whilst working' I guess that explains some of the policies that have been produced recently...

Pubs and restaurants (etc) -out in the real world -currently have to be not only empty but also closed by 10pm

HoC / Parliament bar isn't, IMO, by any stretch of the imagination 'a works canteen'

It is as are other works canteens in other workplaces (assuming they still exist).

Yes it is, the Palace of Westminster has around 10,000 staff!

Ours (NHS) has remained open to staff only through out the lockdown. 7.00am till 11.00pm and even done free packed lunches for 4 months.

Back to Westminster.... there are roughly 20 different bars dotted around the Estate, you need to know a "passholder" to get in but it makes for an interesting pub crawl.;)

Back
Top Bottom