International News Covid-19 .....

As Matt said last night.........

"We recommend to people in Leicester, stay at home as much as you can and we recommend against all but essential travel to, from and within Leicester.
We will monitor closely adherence to social distancing rules and will take further steps if that is what’s necessary.
The more people following the rules, the faster we will get control of this virus and get Leicester back to normal.
We will keep all of these local measures under review and we will not keep them in place any longer than is necessary.
We will review whether we can release any measures in 2 weeks’ time.
These Leicester-specific measures will apply not just to the city of Leicester, but also to the surrounding conurbation, including for example, Oadby, Birstall and Glenfield."

Thought we had got away with it right until the end as we are right on the City boundary! ?

Nine workers test positive at BMW in Cowley. Must be worrying for those who work there or have friends/family that do.

So what happens now? Do BMW close the plant?
situation being monitored.
As for what’s going on in Leicester “ stay at home if you can” what’s that all about. Unfortunately we are now in a position when We could lock down a city probably, like we should have We the country in the first place but no more mixed message, don’t want to upset anyone.

situation being monitored.
As for what’s going on in Leicester “ stay at home if you can” what’s that all about. Unfortunately we are now in a position when We could lock down a city probably, like we should have We the country in the first place but no more mixed message, don’t want to upset anyone.
*Unless you need an eye test . .then you can travel 30 miles to a local beauty spot to test out your peepers.
**Unless you can't find anyone within 200 miles to look after your kids, then you can do what you want.

We've heard Boris mention his "Oven-Ready" Brexit
We've now heard him talk about his "shovel-ready" construction projects

I'm guessing this is his "body-bag ready" Covid response...

*Unless you need an eye test . .then you can travel 30 miles to a local beauty spot to test out your peepers.
**Unless you can't find anyone within 200 miles to look after your kids, then you can do what you want.

We've heard Boris mention his "Oven-Ready" Brexit
We've now heard him talk about his "shovel-ready" construction projects

I'm guessing this is his "body-bag ready" Covid response...

***Unless you are the Labour Mayor of Leicester popping round the girlfriends during lockdown.

And now he is supposed to be telling us what to do.......... awkward....

***Unless you are the Labour Mayor of Leicester popping round the girlfriends during lockdown.

And now he is supposed to be telling us what to do.......... awkward....
He was a fool. As was Cummings.

It all erodes people's perception of the seriousness of the situation.

Some absolutely shocking "massaging" of the figures been going on by our esteemed leaders ahead of the reopenings.

Scary stuff, and shows the risk is still very high.Screenshot_20200630-170927.png

On the plus side, we are at least identifying these other cases now.Screenshot_20200630-170927.png

• React
Reactions: QR
Notice has gone out at work to re-purpose the wards that were "stood down" back to Covid ready.

The new cases coming in are predominantly under 30`s.

We are not anywhere near out of the woods with this, although the local situation may not be reflected across the country.

Winding back a couple of months and the anger about the EU ventilator scheme.

Can those who thought we missed a trick not joining it confirm how many ventilators the scheme has delivered so far and when?

So are the daily new cases figures here only pillar 1?

So are the daily new cases figures here only pillar 1?

On worldometers or on the link I posted?

The "problem" is that Pillar 2 is out of healthcare testing sent to private labs or the Lighthouse Labs which I understand are LLP`s rather than "NHS".
So it gets counted as a "test done" very quickly as that is how they get paid, in the same way as the internal trading within healthcare/NHS.
The difference is that the results come out at very different rates (turn around times) and on different reporting routes.

On worldometers or on the link I posted?

The "problem" is that Pillar 2 is out of healthcare testing sent to private labs or the Lighthouse Labs which I understand are LLP`s rather than "NHS".
So it gets counted as a "test done" very quickly as that is how they get paid, in the same way as the internal trading within healthcare/NHS.
The difference is that the results come out at very different rates (turn around times) and on different reporting routes.
On the worldometer pages. These are the headline numbers the government issues everyday.

On the worldometer pages. These are the headline numbers the government issues everyday.

From a Government/UK point of view I do believe that initially they were Pillar 1 and based on "completed process" (sample taken, processed and result delivered) however there were several change`s along the virus time-line when they started counting 1 & 2 as "tests" (not necessarily completed) and also started catching up with positive tests and deaths hence the occasional daily spikes that occured on the charts but were generally ignored to look at the 7 day rolling average.
As ever there are statistics & fibs ........... which ever number looks best or suits the political stance.

Worldometers is probably trying to make sense of a very different range of data in the public domain, I wish them good luck with that!!

Back
Top Bottom