International News Covid-19 .....

Genuine question - where was that reported? The only report I have seen was that his father contacted police about security concerns after the family had arrived.
Can't find it either....is there a link, or even a quote from an article?

Cummings is proving only one thing from this. He will stop at absolutely nothing to get things done his way and he doesn't care who he has to trample on to get it, so single minded and focussed is he.

So I guess in that level he has principles, but they are more on the sociopathic, bordering on psychotic end of the spectrum and not on any normal, sane, empathic, considerate scale....which is where I would rather our political lords and masters displayed them.

An update from Malaysia. Every mall and majority of shops and restaurants you go into, they take your temperture and using a QR code, have to "check in" every time. So you go into the Westgate, at the entrance they take your temperture and you "check in" to the app. Once inside you go into Boots, again temperture check and "check in".

In the spirit of pedantry I'd like to point out that Boots is on Cornmarket Street and not in the Westgate.

I am convinced that many of the people supporting his actions would not be so generous if it was someone down their street, or a political figure from a party they don’t support.

But exactly the same thing has happened in reverse. A number of other MP's have breached the rules (or the spirit of the rules) and none where called out for it on here. Now, of course, Cummings top trumps them all, but at the time when Kinnock Jr and others were flouting the rules this story was unknown. Yet not a single mention.

I've said, several times, that I don't think any of them should have faced disciplinary action from their parties, and certainly none should lose their jobs. The world is in crisis, and people make mistakes. It's not right, but people don't always think clearly when their family is involved.

But the idea that numerous previous offences were completely ignored, and yet this one has led to a week of media outrage and press conferences is crazy.

This is putting it simplistically and perhaps ignoring certain nuances, but there seem to be three prevalent views amongst the British public regarding Cummings' future;

1. He should go (66% of public opinion favour this, based on a JL Partners opinion poll in the Daily Mail)

2. He should stay (he's acted with integrity on instinct or using common sense, or he's done nothing wrong)

3. Bored with this now. Move on. More important things to cover.

My own opinion right now is that the third group are the most annoying, either trying to shut down debate or lacking the mental agility to think for themselves and come to their own conclusion. Based on radio vox pop this morning this group also like to whine about an 'unfair press' too.

But exactly the same thing has happened in reverse. A number of other MP's have breached the rules (or the spirit of the rules) and none where called out for it on here. Now, of course, Cummings top trumps them all, but at the time when Kinnock Jr and others were flouting the rules this story was unknown. Yet not a single mention.

I've said, several times, that I don't think any of them should have faced disciplinary action from their parties, and certainly none should lose their jobs. The world is in crisis, and people make mistakes. It's not right, but people don't always think clearly when their family is involved.

But the idea that numerous previous offences were completely ignored, and yet this one has led to a week of media outrage and press conferences is crazy.

Likewise, where were all the people using the hashtag #mediascum and getting all upset about how the press act when they were harassing Meghan Markle?

But you heard about the offences that weren't reported from news media, so they weren't completely ignored. They just weren't done by the leader of the country and none of the others were trashing their own rules, that they'd made.

Cummings rang the police in advance of his trip to Durham because he was worried about security. They did not tell him to turn back nor did they warn him of his conduct. This was no cloak and dagger operation. He was transparent to the authorities. He was good to go. It was within the rules, as verified by the police .

Would our family have made the trip in similar circumstances? Yes, we would. Would yours? Maybe, maybe not. But it’s not a job ending ‘error, meriting a public flogging in the presence of Lord Justice Beth Rigby.

As for ‘Castle Barnard’ , ( why are so many in the MSM so thick?), this looks like a problem to me , the story appears thin. But I wasn’t there and whatever you think about Cummins he doesn’t seem to be a bare faced liar..

Nonetheless Cummings should have publically apologised for this trip whatever the circumstances. ( To me this looks like a lockdown breach.) And then, I bet, the matter would have moved on. He didn’t and he’s in big trouble. That’s Cummings for you ; an awkward sod. He may well lose his job.

As for the media s**t show this has mainly arisen because he spends a lot of time , (often correctly), calling out the MSM’s (and some Tory MPs) on their stupidity . People don’t like being called out for having pea brains and
there is masses of personal revenge occcuring in his treatment.

Tories won the election so handsomely in part as a consequence of his acute political sensibilities. He called over the heads of the great and the good to the people. He is a great operator, whatever you may think about him.

And the great and the good don’t like it.

hence..

His advice helped to shape a referendum result, His advice as a spad has helped to win the Tories power. In a virtual landslide.

Far more influential than Campbell, who seems to be eaten up in jealousy over Cummings’ effectiveness. )

He’s a pivotal figure in U.K.,s recent history and this is a big story. Which to my mind is being covered partially and unfairly by the media. Eg at that disgraceful scrum outside his house night after night.

Not necessarily about covid, not necessarily about Cummings but all about who runs the country and the human nature of getting even,

Sad to see everyone getting so exercised and falling out about this story when we should be talking about our team on this forum. But , my god , it is a story to be exercised about.

coyy.
He lied to the country time and time again (the Brexit bus slogan, for a start) and manipulated dim people. You seem to think this is something admirable?

Lest we forget what Cummings then did to try and excuse his behaviour.
4f4bbd4f3e3e39663fa1ecc39fcbb5de.jpg

• React
Reactions: QR
Did @Scotchegg get the same text as all the loyal Tory MP's because it really sounds like it "I accept Mr Cummings explanation and it's time to move on"

This is why we shouldn't move on.
Cummings with a case of suspected Covid19 deliberately broke lockdown and travelled with and as an infected person to a remote area of the country taking the virus with him. When there the family continued to travel around the area going to Durham hospital and to Barnard Castle that we know of.

he has managed the response to the virus which has led to the biggest death toll per capita in the world.

maybe these stats will bring it home

Covid 19 deaths in Cornwall: (Population 565,968) 190

Covid-19 deaths in Greece (Population 10.7 million) 173

I think there has been plenty of criticism of the press from all angles prior to this. Bad example.

You seriously think there was as much criticism, general angst, twitter hashtags and outcry from right-wing commentators over that? You’re absolutely wrong.

So can you point to the posts where people have supported these other folks? At all, let alone with the tenacity of support you show for DC?

I`ve come to the magnanimous conclusion that @YellowTaxi is a bot run by @Eaststandboy to get the traffic up.

Never posted anywhere but "Covid" and doesn`t appear to support United or talk about anything else.

In other news............. #bekind that lasted about a week.

You seriously think there was as much criticism, general angst, twitter hashtags and outcry from right-wing commentators over that? You’re absolutely wrong.
Twitter hashtags are bullshit. There are plenty ways to criticise the press and that has been happening by all political parties and high profile individuals for years. To some how suggest that the world has only turned against the press following this is plain stupid.

Back
Top Bottom