Considering moving to Non League ground

FK takes a service charge (Which had quite a significant amount) each year.
My understanding is that The club are arguing that FK is not doing what he should in order to receive such money. So he is not doing what he should be contractually.
I am a little surprised that people are having go at DE for this. I suspect that they have tried to resolve the issue
Nobody can doubt that FK is not keeping the Stadium in a reasonable state. I guess that the question is what does the contract say. I suspect that there are a few grey areas and Mr Kassam is pushing things to the limit as usual....
Agree that it has seemed to have gone on for some time.

Thanks for the reply. I still don’t understand why arbitration is taking so long.

You were closer to this than me Simon but FK not too difficult to deal with. Really?
For a period of time my understanding is that DE did everything to keep FK on side. Wasn't he invited to Wembley by the club relatively recently?
I would suggest that FK may talk a good game at times but ultimately when push comes to shove he has done nothing. Presumably DE, IL and of course Oxvox have spent an awful lot of time trying to find a solution.Nothing positive has ever happened.
I am sure that if FK isn't that bad to deal with, in 17 years a solution would have been found?
You are obviously more optimistic than I am. I see no evidence of this ever being resolved at the current stadium. I would love to be proved wrong.

I take as I find.

I met him, luckily through my role as an officer at OXVOX, on multiple occasions throughout 2017 & the Trust spoke with him regularly, fortnightly probably for over 18 months, until Jem and I departed the committee in April.

I am sticking my neck out here, but I think he is quite prepared to have sensible conversations
, with the key decision makers at the football club & has clearly had conversations already - which probably upset some people. I doubt FK has much time for trouble-makers or people who are running to The Times or Henry Winter trying to be clever, causing trouble for our football club - regardless of those people's intentions. If Firoka (at the stadium) are being awkward - I have no doubt they are - then frankly we need sensible business minded people who can deal with those issues and challenges. I don't see much evidence of that. So time to put up or shut up.

We moved on from Daryl/Dalton's/Lee's silly talk, confrontation of the Supporters Trust and stupid talk of moving football grounds, but seem to have some who want to go back there, probably being prodded along the way. Question is why?

Since Tiger has rocked up, he has already demonstrated some of what he can bring, Thai Airways and Singha Beer for starters, two new board members, no doubt others in the pipeline. What he needs to do, is take control along with others who can bring added value and remove those who seem to want to go down a different path.

Nice thing about not being involved on the Supporters Trust, is I can freely speak my mind. Roll on the Fans Forum.

I take as I find.

I met him, luckily through my role as an officer at OXVOX, on multiple occasions throughout 2017 & the Trust spoke with him regularly, fortnightly probably for over 18 months, until Jem and I departed the committee in April.

I am sticking my neck out here, but I think he is quite prepared to have sensible conversations, with the key decision makers at the football club & has clearly had conversations already - which probably upset some people. I doubt FK has much time for trouble-makers or people who are running to The Times or Henry Winter trying to be clever, causing trouble for our football club - regardless of those people's intentions. If Firoka (at the stadium) are being awkward - I have no doubt they are - then frankly we need sensible business minded people who can deal with those issues and challenges. I don't see much evidence of that. So time to put up or shut up.

We moved on from Daryl/Dalton's/Lee's silly talk, confrontation of the Supporters Trust and stupid talk of moving football grounds, but seem to have some who want to go back there, probably being prodded along the way. Question is why?

Since Tiger has rocked up, he has already demonstrated some of what he can bring, Thai Airways and Singha Beer for starters, two new board members, no doubt others in the pipeline. What he needs to do, is take control along with others who can bring added value and remove those who seem to want to go down a different path.

Nice thing about not being involved on the Supporters Trust, is I can freely speak my mind. Roll on the Fans Forum.

Hate to say for all the good work Oxvox do I still believe Firoz/Firoka have these meetings to appease the fans and the various people/individuals or groups involved with OUFC in some capacity or other.

Is a trouble maker someone who had a different opinion to the slum landlord?

I take as I find.

I am sticking my neck out here, but I think he is quite prepared to have sensible conversations
, with the key decision makers at the football club & has clearly had conversations already - which probably upset some people. I doubt FK has much time for trouble-makers or people who are running to The Times or Henry Winter trying to be clever, causing trouble for our football club - regardless of those people's intentions. If Firoka (at the stadium) are being awkward - I have no doubt they are - then frankly we need sensible business minded people who can deal with those issues and challenges. I don't see much evidence of that. So time to put up or shut up.

I think you are seeing conspiracies where it’s just people having a different opinion to you. The idea that regular fans who just wish to see an end, in whatever form, to playing in an unfinished, increasingly decrepit stadium for extortionate rent are only capable of forming this viewpoint with some mastermind pulling there strings is a bit nuts, especially from someone who believes Kassam to be relatively straightforward.

Ka
Kassam is a businessman, he's not interested in Oxford United per se or 'helping' or 'doing good', he wants to do deals that benefit him. What the poster was saying was that we need to take an equally businesslike approach with professional negotiators and clear objectives, not run around posing and using emotive language.

Ka

Kassam is a businessman, he's not interested in Oxford United per se or 'helping' or 'doing good', he wants to do deals that benefit him. What the poster was saying was that we need to take an equally businesslike approach with professional negotiators and clear objectives, not run around posing and using emotive language.

I already agreed with that in a previous post, but nothing will budge this piece of vermin in reality.

Has anyone ever tried offering the £13m he wants for it? Iam assuming no one has actually been able to afford it.
Apart from the design poor acoustics and missing 4th stand there is nothing wrong with the structure of concrete and steel its certainly not falling down and decrepit.

Has anyone ever tried offering the £13m he wants for it? Iam assuming no one has actually been able to afford it.
Apart from the design poor acoustics and missing 4th stand there is nothing wrong with the structure of concrete and steel its certainly not falling down and decrepit.

So just those minor things eh?

It’s looking tatty, a lot more of it needs finishing than just the obvious gap behind the goal, it was built to the minimum spec once uncle firoz took over.

He just about puts enough bulbs in the floodlights, and that’s going to be reflected all over.

.... perhaps head 'home' to somewhere in or around Headington/ OX3? ...that'd suit me :sneaky:

I take as I find.

Mmm.
People may have had discussions with him. I am sure that 4 to 5 main players at OUFC plus Oxvox have been meeting him for what 10 years,?
Nothing positive has happened. If anything Kassam is getting worse. Forcing out the Priory Manager, letting the Stadium decline embarrassingly . Allegedly not allowing the club staff Into the ground on match day before the first game early causing operational issues.
So many have tried but from the outside all I can think is that this elephant in the room will never be solved and the club will be held back whilst Kassam is around and he seems to have no intention if giving an inch.

Mmm.
People may have had discussions with him. I am sure that 4 to 5 main players at OUFC plus Oxvox have been meeting him for what 10 years,?
Nothing positive has happened. If anything Kassam is getting worse. Forcing out the Priory Manager, letting the Stadium decline embarrassingly . Allegedly not allowing the club staff Into the ground on match day before the first game early causing operational issues.
So many have tried but from the outside all I can think is that this elephant in the room will never be solved and the club will be held back whilst Kassam is around and he seems to have no intention if giving an inch.
Unfortunately I have to say this is exactly my feeling on it as well.

Mmm.
He has basically taken the P**s out of Oufc since he got what he wanted the stadium and land although I never forget he saved us . I would love someone to come along on our behalf and give him plenty back so he wasn’t getting it his own way anymore.

Back
Top Bottom