Considering moving to Non League ground

I'd hate for us to build a new stadium near Bicester. I want supporters of other clubs to come and visit the city. I have spoken to many away fans and they say they love the center. Being in Bicester would just be wrong and would go against Tigers Oxford brand thing.

Considering the Scottish fa have just just bought Hamden for £5million off Queens Park. I’d look elsewhere after that robbing c**t Kassam is holding us to ransom wanting £13+ million for something he wants to build flats on.
TOSSER!

It's £5m but also taking on £14m in existing liabilities.

I'd hate for us to build a new stadium near Bicester. I want supporters of other clubs to come and visit the city. I have spoken to many away fans and they say they love the center. Being in Bicester would just be wrong and would go against Tigers Oxford brand thing.

Oxford or Kingston Bagpuize. Either is fine.

Bicester is near compared to Milton Keynes I suppose, which some people bizarrely suggest. But the club should stay around Oxford, but of a b****r finding somewhere though.

It's £5m but also taking on £14m in existing liabilities.
Even so, that's only £19m for Hampden, a four sided stadium with a capacity of over 50,000.
Against £13m for an unfinished, three sided, wind blown, falling to bits stadium with a capacity of 12000.
Still makes our slum landlord look a tad greedy.

All joking aside is there really a non league ground with enough land and transport links that we could move to and develop?

For all that we dislike FK, it took his conniving to make Grenoble Road financially viable in the first place. It will take someone with clout to finally get Oxford City & County Council's to bring FK to justice, and make him accept his responsibility towards the Priory and his moral obligation to OUFC, and sell the stadium at a proper market rate. Without leverage why would he have the slightest interest?

Last edited:
There's been talk internally about moving somewhere for years 'Talk'.
Nothing exclusive.

All joking aside is there really a non league ground with enough land and transport links that we could move to and develop?
Anyone know what happened to the Witney Town ground when they folded?
Probably too far out of the city but as a stop-gap?

Anyone know what happened to the Witney Town ground when they folded?
Probably too far out of the city but as a stop-gap?
It’s still there gathering dust.. With all the new development going on nearby I’m surprised it hasn’t been levelled for housing.

I’m not sure after so many years of total neglect it would be fit for use anymore or even be structurally safe to enter. Oh wait.... we should feel right at home..

For all that we dislike FK, it took his conniving to make Grenoble Road financially viable in the first place. It will take someone with clout to finally get Oxford City & County Council's to bring FK to justice, and make him accept his responsibility towards the Priory and his moral obligation to OUFC, and sell the stadium at a proper market rate. Without leverage why would he have the slightest interest?
Moral obligation?
FK? Now presumably that was a joke!!

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but if we were t look to play at an alternative venue instead of Grenoble right as surely we would have been tied interested a lease from r Grenoble road and would have to go at the outstanding rent for the remainder to f the lease.
I haven’t read all this thread before someone jumps down my throat...... just saying.

Back
Top Bottom