Come on vale

Yes I see that about Delaney’s. Going to be a Scottish bar isn’t it? Decent venue for bands to be fair. Can’t say I’ll be visiting it as a nightclub though [emoji23]

Just praying for the train station at The Volly to reopen one day. Especially with Stratfield Brake on the horizon. Can’t see it happening anytime soon though. It would be a great day out for home games with all the yellows in Wantage and Grove area.

Always thought the club should lay on a coach for us lot out this way. Would fill it easily every home game.

Funny you should say that, I’ve been thinking about an unofficial supporters branch for Wantage, Grove and surrounding villages. You reckon we’d get a coach filled each week?

Funny you should say that, I’ve been thinking about an unofficial supporters branch for Wantage, Grove and surrounding villages. You reckon we’d get a coach filled each week?

I was thinking about this too!!

I reckon we would fill it. I know of at least 20 that would get on it. You’d get day trippers coming if a lift was laid on too.

I was thinking about this too!!

I reckon we would fill it. I know of at least 20 that would get on it. You’d get day trippers coming if a lift was laid on too.

Might be something worth taking outside of this thread. I travel with mates from Kidlington. For anywhere North of here, if a pick up can be done there then that too would increase numbers.

Wouldn’t know where to start with organising a coach/driver!

Might be something worth taking outside of this thread. I travel with mates from Kidlington. For anywhere North of here, if a pick up can be done there then that too would increase numbers.

Ok, first of all let’s put the feelers out and see if people would use it. Then go from there…

Contact the club to see wether an extra football special can be put on?

Route as follows

Faringdon , Stanford in the Vale, Challow, Wantage, Grove, East Hanney, Cumnor, Kassam.

Surely there enough fans to fill a double decker.

Contact the club to see wether an extra football special can be put on?

Route as follows

Faringdon , Stanford in the Vale, Challow, Wantage, Grove, East Hanney, Cumnor, Kassam.

Surely there enough fans to fill a double decker.
You have to take in Steventon as well and then out onto the A34 toward Kidlington

EC
Have you given up giving info on incoming transfers and taken up a job with VWHDC as a travel agent?
Having lived in Grove/ Wantage from19 79 -2015 I now live in Abingdon I concur with what you say we still have friends there
Drove through the other day and can’t believe how much it has expanded Regarding rivalry 70/30 about right both my kids went to KA’s and they said not many Swindon fans around

EC
Have you given up giving info on incoming transfers and taken up a job with VWHDC as a travel agent?
Having lived in Grove/ Wantage from19 79 -2015 I now live in Abingdon I concur with what you say we still have friends there
Drove through the other day and can’t believe how much it has expanded Regarding rivalry 70/30 about right both my kids went to KA’s and they said not many Swindon fans around

I find the ones who do support that shite down the a420 from wantage area soon revert back to supporting a Premier league team when the scum bottle it or lose. Bit like the plastic Reading fans that live in Abingdon and Didcot, they all have other teams they support too and only gave it the biggen when reading were premier league.

I find the ones who do support that shite down the a420 from wantage area soon revert back to supporting a Premier league team when the scum bottle it or lose. Bit like the plastic Reading fans that live in Abingdon and Didcot, they all have other teams they support too and only gave it the biggen when reading were premier league.
Yes very noisy when things are going well, have to say you hardly see any Reading shirts around,mind you they haven’t been doing well the past few years.
It would be interesting to see what their core support would be if they were relegated. If they struggled a bit I reckon their gates would be around the same as ours. Their away support is shocking,despite being a division above us their average away support was around 950 ours was 1055

Yes very noisy when things are going well, have to say you hardly see any Reading shirts around,mind you they haven’t been doing well the past few years.
It would be interesting to see what their core support would be if they were relegated. If they struggled a bit I reckon their gates would be around the same as ours. Their away support is shocking,despite being a division above us their average away support was around 800 ours was 1055

They would be similar to MK dogs in the fact their home attendances will be higher because they will allow thousands of away fans in.

The Plough at Eastbury is renowned for their Sunday roasts (although I think the Bear is better!)
I will vouch for the Plough (best to book ahead) - now I'm going to have to try the Bear because that is high praise indeed!

He was diabolical at Bristol Rovers. Very risky from Charlton Athletic FC. I would of thought the fans won’t be too keen on that, and I imagine they are pretty underwhelmed.

Interesting appointment.

There’s no doubt Swindon performed way better than expectation last year. They were many people’s favourites to be right down the bottom as they’d already burned through one permanent manager before the season had begun. Ben Garner certainly did a good job assembling a competitive team. I would’ve thought he’d have stuck around with Morfuni putting some money in.

I haven’t paid much attention to Charlton lately but they’ve massively underachieved and I can’t see any new manager getting much time to improve things there. Johnnie Jackson may have had some patience from their fans but I can’t imagine they’ll give the same courtesy to Garner.

Interesting appointment.

There’s no doubt Swindon performed way better than expectation last year. They were many people’s favourites to be right down the bottom as they’d already burned through one permanent manager before the season had begun. Ben Garner certainly did a good job assembling a competitive team. I would’ve thought he’d have stuck around with Morfuni putting some money in.

I haven’t paid much attention to Charlton lately but they’ve massively underachieved and I can’t see any new manager getting much time to improve things there. Johnnie Jackson may have had some patience from their fans but I can’t imagine they’ll give the same courtesy to Garner.
Charlton massively underachieved last season.
Their best chance is to back their manager and give them a little time - I can't see them really being in the Top 6 next season without a lot of luck.

Back
Top Bottom