Club meeting Kassam - 28th May

I remember a Fans Forum many years ago at the Kassam where FK had his young kids on the podium, watching and hearing the vitriol we had for the way their father was screwing our club. And it seemed almost an eductional piece, this is how our family does business.

of course not dmw BUT it is what happens on the pitch that brings the extra paying customer and sorry to say it but just don't see the interest from future generations in football in general and even less so at our level.
i also don't see any Owner current or future staying around, the majority of people involved nowadays are not football people they are businessmen in general playing around with a new toy.
i am also surprised that you see floating around league 1 as no bad thing, here i am assuming you mean being a yoyo club? what's the affect of championship players on higher money as you drop to the league lower how is that sustained or do you advicate selling players if that's possible again and once more starting again to rebuild as that aint working too well so far. not forgetting the lower gates as you drop down.
The financial gap between the top and our level is astronomical and will only get bigger, there are certain levels of genuine fans going to be lost to football very soon, there is a warning sign with the finance company exit as some fans wonder how they can afford to attend and these are your current fanbase.Very soon football will be for the more affluent.
League One is decent for a club our size. The Championship would be great if we had funding and momentum, but otherwise would just be a slog. Really if League One isn’t good enough for you I’d go and watch premiership instead. I don’t even think our gates would grow that much in the Championship unless we were on a real roll

League One is decent for a club our size. The Championship would be great if we had funding and momentum, but otherwise would just be a slog. Really if League One isn’t good enough for you I’d go and watch premiership instead. I don’t even think our gates would grow that much in the Championship unless we were on a real roll
The gates would increase hugely if we were in the Championship.
I reckon we would have 8000 ST holders immediately.
Dont think we are a much smaller club than Reading

The gates would increase hugely if we were in the Championship.
I reckon we would have 8000 ST holders immediately.
Dont think we are a much smaller club than Reading
Reading have a good ground and funding. What gates did Burton get?

Reading have a good ground and funding. What gates did Burton get?
What gates did Burton get? Is this a wind up?
Burton got what 3500 in L1?
So they got what 5000 in the Championship.
IF we went up our average would be 8000 to 8500 in the season we were Promoted. Then in the Championship 9000 plus average.
Are you seriously comparing us with Burton (if so you don't get oufc)

What gates did Burton get? Is this a wind up?
Burton got what 3500 in L1?
So they got what 5000 in the Championship.
IF we went up our average would be 8000 to 8500 in the season we were Promoted. Then in the Championship 9000 plus average.
Are you seriously comparing us with Burton (if so you don't get oufc)
Yes, if we got promoted our gates would go up a thousand or two. We’re a slightly bigger club than Burton, agreed, but my point is that the championship isn’t necessarily a whole new world. It’s only exciting and profitable if you have the funding and ground in place, which we don’t. The previous bloke is going to have to accept that League one is our level for now.

We could quite easily get 10,000 in L1 now but you have to put a package together.
Football is an experience these days, class it as a day out, put a nice 4 sided stadium together with spacious decked out concourses with easily accessible beers food and some wall entertainment etc. Enhance it with what we have had in the past with some outside events.

If anybody has seen the film "Field of Dreams" I quote "If you build it, they will come"

This Clubs demographic and appetite could easily do 10,000+ you have to put in place, and I would put a very large wager in things were in place 18,000+ in the Champ...

Why would you want to come to the Kassam? what an uninspiring place to go for 90 mins of entertainment, we should be looking to entice people
to turn up a hour or so before kick off and try and keep them back for an hour after...

Before you jump on me, yes it's money but you only have to read this below to see why why the rich are drifting into L1

Yes, if we got promoted our gates would go up a thousand or two. We’re a slightly bigger club than Burton, agreed, but my point is that the championship isn’t necessarily a whole new world. It’s only exciting and profitable if you have the funding and ground in place, which we don’t. The previous bloke is going to have to accept that League one is our level for now.
I kind of get your point, but we are far more than 'a slightly bigger club than Burton'

I kind of get your point, but we are far more than 'a slightly bigger club than Burton'
Yes, we are bigger, certainly, but we’re in a pretty small city and don’t have a massive heartland of fans that go back generations. Potentially big, maybe.

The first bit applies to the group leaning (grexit, brexit etc). So definitely not sexit. Kexit would be cool, but oxit deffo fits the bill better.

We could quite easily get 10,000 in L1 now but you have to put a package together.
Football is an experience these days, class it as a day out, put a nice 4 sided stadium together with spacious decked out concourses with easily accessible beers food and some wall entertainment etc. Enhance it with what we have had in the past with some outside events.

If anybody has seen the film "Field of Dreams" I quote "If you build it, they will come"

This Clubs demographic and appetite could easily do 10,000+ you have to put in place, and I would put a very large wager in things were in place 18,000+ in the Champ...

Why would you want to come to the Kassam? what an uninspiring place to go for 90 mins of entertainment, we should be looking to entice people
to turn up a hour or so before kick off and try and keep them back for an hour after...

Before you jump on me, yes it's money but you only have to read this below to see why why the rich are drifting into L1

Darlington and Rushden & Diamonds both built it and they didn't come. Likewise, Notts Co have had a capacity of 20k for a long time (and from memory it was decent enough in the away end) but they have never got near that with their crowds.

Darlington and Rushden & Diamonds both built it and they didn't come. Likewise, Notts Co have had a capacity of 20k for a long time (and from memory it was decent enough in the away end) but they have never got near that with their crowds.
Brighton built it and they did come.
Darlington and Rushden to be fair were never going to fill their grounds. At the time nobody seemed to really believe that Darlo would get anywhere near their capacity even had they been relatively successful

Brighton built it and they did come.
Darlington and Rushden to be fair were never going to fill their grounds. At the time nobody seemed to really believe that Darlo would get anywhere near their capacity even had they been relatively successful

Rushden did fill it for a number of years until the DM boots lot pulled out. Reading built it and only filled it in the PL.

Agree on Brighton, the test will be if/when they get relegated like Reading.

Back
Top Bottom