Champions League Citeh

In the last 5 years ( in Euros)

Chelsea net -€716m
Man U net -€613m
Arsenal net -€515m
Man City net -€216m

They clearly have spent big, but Chelses, Man U and Arsenal have spent more over 5 years
Yet it is only Man City who have over 100 charges against them for breaching fair play rules.

Oh & a great manager is someone who has worked there way up from bottom to top.
Had to wheel & deal & scout & manage on a budget.
Not someone that's gone straight into managing a team with billions of spending power.
Not exactly learnt his trade has he??
He's been gifted, his trade & reputation.
I know what sort of manger I'd respect most ..

credit where credit is due ( albeit grudgingl) - to win the Fa Cup, PL and Champions league in the same season is an impressive achievement

granted it could be argued Citeh bought the triple, other PL clubs and European clubs spent similar eyewatering amounts and fell short. and of course when the footballing authorities turn a blind eye, or at best administer a metaphorical slap on the wrist for continual breaches of rules & regulations/ cheating the problems/ cheating will continue.

Not someone that's gone straight into managing a team with billions of spending power.

He is a brilliant coach, you can’t really argue with that, but it will be interesting to see how he does if he goes to a national team like he apparently wants to after leaving Man City.

I think he is a top level player coach, you can get those players to do things that league one players would never be able to do, whereas if you stuck a good league one manager who gets the most out of those players in charge at Man City he would be a bit lost, you would be wasting the world class player’s potential.

Big divide in football between normal professionals and the superstars now, not many managers/coaches can work across that divide.

He is a brilliant coach, you can’t really argue with that, but it will be interesting to see how he does if he goes to a national team like he apparently wants to after leaving Man City.

I think he is a top level player coach, you can get those players to do things that league one players would never be able to do, whereas if you stuck a good league one manager who gets the most out of those players in charge at Man City he would be a bit lost, you would be wasting the world class player’s potential.

Big divide in football between normal professionals and the superstars now, not many managers/coaches can work across that divide.
Exactly can you really coach a player that is a world class player??

In the last 5 years ( in Euros)

Chelsea net -€716m
Man U net -€613m
Arsenal net -€515m
Man City net -€216m

They clearly have spent big, but Chelses, Man U and Arsenal have spent more over 5 years
Think you need to look at city’s last 3 years let alone 5 years

Before Pep took over at Barcelona they had one la Liga twice in the previous 10 years, the Championship League once in the previous 30 years, no Copa del Rey wins for 10 years.

The next 4 seasons saw 3 last Liga titles, 2 Champions Leagues, 2 Copa del Reys, 3 Spanish super cups, 2 UEFA super cups and 2 FIFA club world cups. He took Barcelona from a club in Real Madrids shadow to the best club team in the world. Yes, Bayern Munich were dominant before and after his time but he maintained their record despite some doubts about whether he could succeed outside of Spain. And Man City have had loads of money thrown at them, but that hasn't guaranteed success for them or anyone else before. But he has overseen 5 PL titles, 2 FA cups, 4 league cups and a Championships League that they were unlucky not to win over the last couple of years.

Pep is undoubtedly a brilliant coach, arguably the best in the world over the last 15 years or so. Not only winning, but playing a fantastic brand of football along the way. Of course having players like de Bruyne and Haaland helps, but there is also the work that he has done with players like John Stones who has gone from an almost joke of a centre half to an incredibly influential player.

You can question the financial side of Man City and their owners, but it's a little churlish to not acknowledge the impact Pep has had in the game.

Martin O’Neil springs to mind.

Anyone can manage Barcelona, Bayern Munich, and Manchester City. Pep Guardiola is what I call a Cheque Book manager. Let him go and Manage Morecambe next season, and see if he’s successful… I bet he’d fail! That’s goes for most of them top flight managers.

Chelsea is a classic example, apart from this season , sacking manager after manager & being successful. Proves it's the cash££.. they are not all genuis manager's. As Leys Boy say's they're cheque book managers..

Chelsea is a classic example, apart from this season , sacking manager after manager & being successful. Proves it's the cash££.. they are not all genuis manager's. As Leys Boy say's they're cheque book managers..
I think it proves the opposite… money is obviously incredibly important but it doesn’t guarantee success.

Yet it is only Man City who have over 100 charges against them for breaching fair play rules.
Conveniently, just as their dominance threatened to spread in to Europe and now opened their account… Funny that. Bit of a joke in my eyes but a handy excuse for all the other big clubs to jump up and down and play victim for a bit while they figure out how on Earth they’re going to catch them.

Congratulations to Manchester City for buying another trophy. Lots of publicity for their owners too.
If you thought Inter were bad you should have seen Roma v Seville.
Well, their passionate football fan owner attended his 2nd ever game yesterday.

I think it proves the opposite… money is obviously incredibly important but it doesn’t guarantee success.
I certainly doesn't guarantee it, but it massively aids the chances of it. e.g. do you think Pep would have become their manager in their pre-Abu Dhabi days when they tended to be fighting relegation if they were even in the top flight.
Let's not pretend this isn't about money.