Matches Burton 6th April - Train Strike

andystroud

More rail strikes planned for the Burton weekend. GWR cancellations scheduled for Saturday 6th April.

More rail strikes planned for the Burton weekend. GWR cancellations scheduled for Saturday 6th April.

Luckily Crosscountry are striking on Friday rather than Saturday, or there'd be no trains through Burton at all.

Now then, IF we have positioned ourselves in a strong position over the Easter weekend, wouldn’t it be fantastic if the club offered to put on subsidised coach travel for Burton?

It would offer lots of supporters a travel option and would be a cracking gesture of goodwill after what has been a fractious few months between club and fanbase.

Now then, IF we have positioned ourselves in a strong position over the Easter weekend, wouldn’t it be fantastic if the club offered to put on subsidised coach travel for Burton?

It would offer lots of supporters a travel option and would be a cracking gesture of goodwill after what has been a fractious few months between club and fanbase.
Great idea this is.

Look to have sold circa 500 for the terrace and circa 175 seats so far (assuming it's counting down)

Remember it's ALL TICKET.

For those exiled in the north and travelling by train. CrossCountry/EMR are running into Derby with a normal service (their strike is Friday), but there is then a bus replacement between Derby and Burton due to planned engineering works. It should take 20-30mins by bus.

Edit - ticketing link now in the website piece and ticketing site now working.

Last edited:
Not only have the club not put a link to the online ticketing within the ticket info piece but the ticketing site seems to have an error.

You can only add one ticket, and then it greys out all categories.

A workaround is:
add one ticket
go to basket
click 'continue shopping'
add another ticket
Repeat for as many tickets as you require.

Look to have sold circa 500 for the terrace and circa 175 seats so far (assuming it's counting down)

Remember it's ALL TICKET.

For those exiled in the north and travelling by train. CrossCountry/EMR are running into Derby with a normal service (their strike is Friday), but there is then a bus replacement between Derby and Burton due to planned engineering works. It should take 20-30mins by bus.

Is all ticket likely to remain? @OUSP

Seems a bit silly if only 675 sold out of 1,600 allocation!

Surely we’ve shifted a fair few more than 675 with 3 days of sales to go?

I got 3 tickets yesterday. Never been to Burton so quite looking forward to it not sure what to expect

I booked 4 for the terrace yesterday and they were carrying high 800 numbers.
The site often is counting down with how many are remaining though.

I've just been on, if I select 1 ticket, it says 860.
If I select 2, it says 860 and 859
If I select 3, it says 860, 859 and 858.

7 games from another Wembley appearance and we've can't shift 800 ttickets for a Saturday away game .
Jesus wept do the club deserve promotion ?

7 games from another Wembley appearance and we've can't shift 800 ttickets for a Saturday away game .
Jesus wept do the club deserve promotion ?
3 full days before the game.
Away tickets are always pretty slow to sell unless it's a high demand fixture.

Burton normally sees a big turnout from those fans exiled in the north, the combination of train strikes and engineering works won't be helping their numbers.

Club not emphasising that it is all-ticket will certainly not be helping either and they've not tweeted about Burton tickets once this week.

As of 10am there were 800 sold of a 1600 allocation.

Was told by the TO over the phone that tickets WILL be available on the day to OUFC supporters.

Back
Top Bottom