Tickets Bolton Wanderers v OUFC Ticket Thread

Hi all - apologies if this question has been asked already (I did skim the thread and FAQ).

I'm a newly registered Yellow Member (as of yesterday). It seems that I will not be able to buy tickets on Monday, or at all, since I registered too late. Other than Club Wembley tickets, are there any other ways for us to attend the final? Perhaps neutral tickets will go on sale at some point, or Oxford side tickets to those with late registered accounts?

Some background - bunch of Yanks on a stag hoping to attend the final (and ideally on the Oxford side).

Many thanks!
You should still be able to buy tickets from Monday. You may need to ring the ticket office to check but I can’t imagine there would be 20000 people who had yellow membership before Wednesday!

You should still be able to buy tickets from Monday. You may need to ring the ticket office to check but I can’t imagine there would be 20000 people who had yellow membership before Wednesday!
Thanks Steve - I think the issue on Monday might be that I created a Yellows Account at the same time as getting a Yellow Membership. The website says "General Sale Tickets are on sale to any supporter with a Yellows Account (registered on or before Wednesday 8th May) from 10:00am on Monday 13th May". Sadly, I created a Yellows Account on May 9th, not knowing in advance.

I don’t know if I’m being a bit stupid and I have read the whole thread but does a blue dot on the seating plan mean that it is available or it’s been sold? Seemed to be so much easier to go to the mcf and the York match and the tinpot games.

I don’t know if I’m being a bit stupid and I have read the whole thread but does a blue dot on the seating plan mean that it is available or it’s been sold? Seemed to be so much easier to go to the mcf and the York match and the tinpot games.
Blue dots are available

Well that was fun buying tickets - NOT!

Succumbed to buying membership when I read on here that additional Tier 2 Blocks had been opened up. Couldn't access the seat map through either browser on my computer, could through my phone but it was impossible to select a ticket. Thankfully it was 4th time lucky on one of the kids' laptops. Three credit card attempts later and we got there and thankfully have great front row Tier 2 tickets.

Completely impossible to navigate round the dots on my phone (Ticketmaster screens are so slow and unresponsive) and as my computer won't allow me to access the seat map, I'm afraid that I will be out of dot counting action unless something changes with my technology!

There's only been five 70K L1 PO attendances ever, and the finals include Man City, Cardiff, Leeds, Sheffield Wed, Sunderland. So if Bolton and Oxford can get 70K I'd say we'd have done pretty well. I guess there will be about 15K neutrals, so we'd both have to sell around 27.5K.
If we did both sell out that would be over 80K Att which I think is unlikely as its never happened before.
As long as 1 fan turns up well have a higher official attendance than the Wycombe final.

Quite surprised by this, each club gets 36,500 ticlets so, 73,000 between them.
So even if we both sell out, we're reliant on neutral fans to take the total over 80,000.

They should really have designed Wembley better, so neutrals could be used as segregation rather than netting off some of the best seats.

List of previous finals: https://www.efl.com/competitions/sky-bet-play-offs/about-the-play-offs/league-one-play-off-finals/

I just hope common sense prevails, I know of many people who want to buy tickets but don’t have any history of previously buying Oxford tickets , they are new and potentially want to get involved
Make it simple !!!

On the other hand i'm pretty sure we have more than 36k on the clubs database. It's probably the correct decision that tickets are restricted for these to purchase on Monday.

Anyone who doesn't have any history of purchasing tickets prior or even having an active OUFC account will have to find someone who does and get them to buy tickets on their behalf.

So even if we both sell out, we're reliant on neutral fans to take the total over 80,000.

They should really have designed Wembley better, so neutrals could be used as segregation rather than netting off some of the best seats.

List of previous finals: https://www.efl.com/competitions/sky-bet-play-offs/about-the-play-offs/league-one-play-off-finals/
We have the record of the lowest attendance ever at a league 1 play off final ;)

73,000 watched Millwall beat Swindon in 2010???? What!? How did they both fill out their allocations!? Feel like that would never happen now, Millwall have been in the final twice since then and not topped 56,000.

73,000 watched Millwall beat Swindon in 2010???? What!? How did they both fill out their allocations!? Feel like that would never happen now, Millwall have been in the final twice since then and not topped 56,000.

Have a feeling Millwall took huge numbers, Swindon had less than we did for the conference final that year.

It's not necessarily both teams selling out their allocation. Once 36k is sold more could possibly be given to us like they were with Sunderland in 2022 and Sheffield Wednesday last year. There is also wembley club members who can purchase tickets, sponsors etc.

Well that was fun buying tickets - NOT!

Succumbed to buying membership when I read on here that additional Tier 2 Blocks had been opened up. Couldn't access the seat map through either browser on my computer, could through my phone but it was impossible to select a ticket. Thankfully it was 4th time lucky on one of the kids' laptops. Three credit card attempts later and we got there and thankfully have great front row Tier 2 tickets.

Completely impossible to navigate round the dots on my phone (Ticketmaster screens are so slow and unresponsive) and as my computer won't allow me to access the seat map, I'm afraid that I will be out of dot counting action unless something changes with my technology!
We forgive both you and @Colin B from dot counting that montrosity of a website, we'll have huge support

If would be pretty easy to work how man we have sold - if someone worked out how much each blocks holds and count the unsold tickets,

If would be pretty easy to work how man we have sold - if someone worked out how much each blocks holds and count the unsold tickets,
I did that earlier, but it wasn’t exact as a lot of blocks start with say 15 seats in a row, then 3 rows later another seat is added, for about 35 rows! I couldn’t be bothered to work out the exact seats in every block, but it was close enough for me. Approx 15k at about 5pm.

Cost of living boys I would be very much surprised if we take 30k maybe 25k. I want of course the more the better even day trippers like myself as I live in the Midlands now. If we sell out happy days but even up here it's £30 for a bag of shopping from the coop. I have 4 booked and ready to go. But we build that new stadium and I may think about a season ticket traveling to the kassam is a Ballache more than twice a season atm luckily I have been spoilt with the likes of portvale burton and Derby barnsley shef wed obvs not this season but on the calendar for away games. If we stay in league one I get Rotherham and Birmingham so not all bad. But we are going to Wembey Que sera sera

Are ticlets for the under 5's or for secret lovers?

For those who used the LRC when we played in the Trophy finals, was getting the coach fairly easy?

Were coaches lined up in order and easy to find?

Also at Wembley, were they parked close to the stadium?

Back
Top Bottom