Fan's View Fan's View 21/22 - No.5 - Bolton away

Great report as ever, Paul - really appreciate you taking the time each week to produce such a thoughtful and fair assessment. Sees churlish to even mention it but it was perhaps Ian Evatt who though the ball had been handled...although I wouldn't put it past David Artell to stick his oar in!

Great report as ever, Paul - really appreciate you taking the time each week to produce such a thoughtful and fair assessment. Sees churlish to even mention it but it was perhaps Ian Evatt who though the ball had been handled...although I wouldn't put it past David Artell to stick his oar in!
Thought I'd missed something about the managerial merry-go-round at first. Thanks for restoring my delicate post-covid sanity.
Excellent report as usual Paul.

Last edited:
Interesting comment about Gav’s one-footedness! At this level players get away with it, but it’s clear that the better ones can use both feet equally as effectively. A question: did it take Taylor so nerve-janglingly long to walk the ball into the net because he was trying to get it onto his more reliable right?

Enjoyable report as ever! Sorry that you met a t**t - I don’t think you get as many twats at football as you used to, it’s got too expensive and sedate for them, but they do still occur.

Already changed. These games come too fast for me one after another.

• React
Reactions: Oxe
Enjoyable report as ever! Sorry that you met a t**t - I don’t think you get as many twats at football as you used to, it’s got too expensive and sedate for them, but they do still occur.
Close to us but not too close.

Just a silly aside, it amuses me that you cannot have twats, singular, get past the censor but, twats, plural, does.
One is naughty, two is ok?

Already changed. These games come too fast for me one after another.
I'd enjoyed reading your 'back catalogue' from the first Cambridge game beforehand and remain constantly amazed by the prolificness of your output! Thanks!

@Paul B Have the club ever approached you about putting these reports in the matchday programme? I'll admit I never buy programmes but if it had content like yours I'd be much more tempted to buy one.

@Paul B Have the club ever approached you about putting these reports in the matchday programme? I'll admit I never buy programmes but if it had content like yours I'd be much more tempted to buy one.
No. But tbh I wouldn't want to do that. I'd have to toe the party line (and that's how it has to be when anything is "officially" coming from the club). I know some poachers do turn gamekeepers (not quite the right description but I can't think of any better) - Martin B for example. Even when the FV was in the Oxford Mail many years ago now I was still, and rightly so, quite constrained. And there was still one instance when the then manager and then chairman weren't happy with the content. I think I must be more of a fanzine kind of guy.

No. But tbh I wouldn't want to do that. I'd have to toe the party line (and that's how it has to be when anything is "officially" coming from the club). I know some poachers do turn gamekeepers (not quite the right description but I can't think of any better) - Martin B for example. Even when the FV was in the Oxford Mail many years ago now I was still, and rightly so, quite constrained. And there was still one instance when the then manager and then chairman weren't happy with the content. I think I must be more of a fanzine kind of guy.
Good points. I think I'd rather buy a Fanzine than a matchday programme.

Thanks Paul, great report.
"Sitters missed" would be a good stat to add to the BBC website.

But what actually constitutes a sitter?
You missing the 'sitter' to your left hand side of where you stood in the ground. This 'sitter' was sitting all match (well nearly all match) no more than a few yards from you and I'm sure if you would've clocked him you could have explained to him 'nicely' that you always take your own drinks break before KO and not during the match at predefined times. The geezer was a certain Mr Graham Westley.

Just saying

COYY'S

Back
Top Bottom