International News Black Lives Matter

disgusted with OUFC and Pompey.....may as well take the knee to the KKK .......bunchve illinformed idiots who just followed the other sheep baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa[emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207]
[MEDIA]

For the source of Urban Dictionary, this a surprisingly well written para about taking a knee

An American football term for when the quarterback drops to one knee immediately after receiving the snap, thus automatically ending the play.

The use of taking a knee comes only near the end of a game when your team is in possession of the ball and holds a narrow lead (by a touchdown or less). If you execute a run or pass play, you risk turning the ball over and allowing the opposing team to gain possession and a chance to score. By taking a knee, you are able to run down the clock without putting the ball at risk.

A boring, if strategically important, play.

Further, it's used in some sports in practice to take a prayer or listen to a coach speak. It was then co-opted by Kaepernick in 2016.

I noticed last night that the Sky presenters were sans the BLM badges and instead had Kick it Out badges instead. I wonder how many corps will quietly roll back their support for the BLM campaign or rebrand it?

Just checked the BLM UK Twitter page for the first time to see what they're all about.

They've got a fundraiser going for a free black university for black academics and black teachings, which is an interesting form of apartheid.

They're banging on about defunding the police.

So I can see why they aren't to be considered a serious force in UK politics, and that businesses will not want to be too closely associated.

Just checked the BLM UK Twitter page for the first time to see what they're all about.

They've got a fundraiser going for a free black university for black academics and black teachings, which is an interesting form of apartheid.

So I can see why they aren't to be considered a serious force in UK politics, and that businesses will not want to be too closely associated.
Agree. The irony is they have been very up front about what their views are, but not enough people took even a basic glance at what they stand for when it all kicked off and just went along with it, I suppose for fear of being seen to not have the right opinion or for corporate enrichment. They are essentially a different racial form of Antifa.

We must be better on countering racism in all it's forms. But after David Starkey's completely idiotic comments this week, and the disparity in treatment between him and Professor Gopal, we have a long way to go. And BLM are not one to listen to.

Agree. The irony is they have been very up front about what their views are, but not enough people took even a basic glance at what they stand for when it all kicked off and just went along with it, I suppose for fear of being seen to not have the right opinion or for corporate enrichment. They are essentially a different racial form of Antifa.

We must be better on countering racism in all it's forms. But after David Starkey's completely idiotic comments this week, and the disparity in treatment between him and Professor Gopal, we have a long way to go. And BLM are not one to listen to.

Yes that Gopal woman's comments were appalling - I think they were worse than David Starkey's comments. But that's the world we are now living in. Ordinary people seem to be able to see sense but we are being run by a few tens of thousands of perpetual victim figures. There will understandably be a backlash to all this, I hope.

What was wrong with Professor Gopal’s comments? (Not “ that Gopal woman” by the way?)

It’s not a surprise to me or any of those who read your posts that you would find criticism of racism worse than racism...

Last edited:
And given that she has been the daily target of racist and sexist abuse including rape threats what further “ backlash” are you hoping for, I wonder?

BLM UK are not BLM. The latter is the movement, the former is, what appears to be, quite an extreme left wing an organisation that have hijacked the name.

I wouldn't dare suggest you probably know that already and are deliberately conflating the two.

What was wrong with Professor Gopal’s comments? (Not “ that Gopal woman” by the way?)

It’s not a surprise to me or any of those who read your posts that you would find criticism of racism worse than racism...

"Abolish whiteness" I believe was the quote. Implying that it was in some way wrong, dirty or shameful to be white.

And I can call her what I like. That Gopal woman will do just fine for now.

BLM UK are not BLM. The latter is the movement, the former is, what appears to be, quite an extreme left wing an organisation that have hijacked the name.

I wouldn't dare suggest you probably know that already and are deliberately conflating the two.

BLM UK are not BLM? Ok that's news to me - does the UK have a BLM faction then or not? If so does the movement have social media pages? If so where are they?

It seems to me like the page I visited @ukblm is the official Twitter page. I mean it's got the "blue tick" Twitter varification stamp and everything.

Where can I find the official authority on UK BLM?

Like you don't know.

Start with Wikipedia.
View attachment 4006

Well that seems to support my argument more than yours? The fact that the movement is not centralised does not negate the idea that there can be a legitimate UK faction of it...

Your screen grab also makes explicit reference to "Local Black Lives Matter chapters", which again supports the idea that the official UKBLM Twitter page is the official social media outlet for the UK chapter.

So I've asked you questions which you aren't directly answering. I fear that you might have just seen a subheading "loose structure" on Wikipedia and decided that it supported your argument.

Again, does the BLM have a UK chapter? If so could you link me to their social media pages?

Well that seems to support my argument more than yours? The fact that the movement is not centralised does not negate the idea that there can be a legitimate UK faction of it...

Your screen grab also makes explicit reference to "Local Black Lives Matter chapters", which again supports the idea that the official UKBLM Twitter page is the official social media outlet for the UK chapter.

So I've asked you questions which you aren't directly answering. I fear that you might have just seen a subheading "loose structure" on Wikipedia and decided that it supported your argument.

Again, does the BLM have a UK chapter? If so could you link me to their social media pages?
On the contrary. It shows you can't attribute a comment or a view of BLMUk organisation to the BLM movement as a whole which is what you are attempting to do.

On the contrary. It shows you can't attribute a comment or a view of BLMUk organisation to the BLM movement as a whole which is what you are attempting to do.

Uh no I'm not. I cited quotes on their UK social media as a potential reason for why businesses don't want to associate themselves with BLM. If you're happy with what BLM UK are saying that's great, but public and corporate opinion seems to be more cautious in their support.

You actually still haven't managed to answer my question though, because I think you know that the UKBLM Twitter account is the official social media platform for the recognised UK faction of the BLM movement.

Why not just admit you're wrong?

So anyone who doesn't share your views should turn their backs on Oxford?
Anyone who is disgusted by the actions of the club and calling our players idiots should question their support yes.

Uh no I'm not. I cited quotes on their UK social media as a potential reason for why businesses don't want to associate themselves with BLM. If you're happy with what BLM UK are saying that's great, but public and corporate opinion seems to be more cautious in their support.

You actually still haven't managed to answer my question though, because I think you know that the UKBLM Twitter account is the official social media platform for the recognised UK faction of the BLM movement.

Why not just admit you're wrong?
I think from my earlier post you could correctly construe that I don't support BLM UK. I am concerned however with how they may be tainting the BLM movement. Your posts are now clearly conflating the two. Why are you doing this?

He’s a racist

What do you think that Professor Gopal meant, bashamwonderland?

I think you are deliberately misunderstanding to try and stir up trouble.

You might be really stupid of course, but I tend to think you’re malign,

Back
Top Bottom