International News Black Lives Matter

READ it Burrett and EDUCATE yourself......................
That's the trouble. People are just uneducated. They don't realise that supporting this BLM movement effectively means they are supporting anarchy and doing away with the police and law and order. Who will they call when their houses are burgled their women raped?

What was it that made you such an unpleasant human being?
pray tell whats unpleasant about not wanting your club to get involved in some mad imported bull :poop: ?? any player NOT agreeing with this bollox will be singled out and his career will be threatened.....so what will he do?? go along with it ....thus the bull:poop: will be given credence ......IT's BULLSH!T nothing more........ WAKE UP FFS!!

How many posters have been around since TIU days (This Is United on the Oxford Mail site)? You may remember poster 'Truth Teller'. He hasn't changed. Still full of hate towards any number of minorities under the guise of 'telling the truth'. The sort of truth the rest of us somehow fail to see.
jesus h chriiiiist......... there is NO hate against minorities AT ALL......go on!!!! point some out you fool.

That's the trouble. People are just uneducated. They don't realise that supporting this BLM movement effectively means they are supporting anarchy and doing away with the police and law and order. Who will they call when their houses are burgled their women raped?
Ghostbusters?

No more from me on this thread......it's true....you can't educate stupid......... what a sad sad country we are becoming.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:(n)

No more from me on this thread......it's true....you can't educate stupid......... what a sad sad country we are becoming.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:(n)
I agree. Typically you just can't reason with these people.
I see Matt Le tissier is thinking of refusing to wear that racist BLM logo. And a few others including black players.

Aaah, The Specatator....that model of liberal commentary

If it’s a well written, reasonable article then surely it’s worth sharing whether it’s in The Spectator or The New Statesman?

Here’s another one from The Spectator for the ‘Black Lives Matter’ thread.

When will the players stop taking to the one knee? And are we doing it at the play offs?

pray tell whats unpleasant about not wanting your club to get involved in some mad imported bull :poop: ?? any player NOT agreeing with this bollox will be singled out and his career will be threatened.....so what will he do?? go along with it ....thus the bull:poop: will be given credence ......IT's BULLSH!T nothing more........ WAKE UP FFS!!

Or the players have just decided that this is a cause that they believe in and they would rather follow their own moral principles based on what their fellow team mates have been discussing with them and not been deceived by the odious teachings delivered by the twitter twats you respond to.

No!

How can you possibly tar the whole BLM movement with the same brush?

Sure there are some dickheads and probably some outright racists who have latched on to the BLM movement. Same as there are some racists and dickheads who have latched on to football. They are the minority in both cases. They should be shouted down in both cases.

And you have the nerve to call others uneducated!

jesus h chriiiiist......... there is NO hate against minorities AT ALL......go on!!!! point some out you fool.

The wording of Black Lives Matter is wrong as it does not tell me anything. I know black lives matter, not all but most. Same with white, most, not all matter. It trips off the tongue better than Equality for Black Lives. That is what the black friends that I know want. I do not know the black thugs who happily carry knives and join gangs, but then I do not know white people who are into that social background. You say there is no hate against minorities. I know that when my daughter left her position and the replacement list was short-listed down, one name stood out. She did not get the job, and the post went to a person who was never going to succeed, no qualifications and limited experience. One was Sri Lankan,(my grand-daughters god mother), one a white girl. This was in the NHS.
A friend of mine says that all he wants from this situation is that society finally accepts that there is an issue and that if he went for a job with me, that we would have the same chance. We both know that at the moment that may not be the case. What angers him and me is the trouble that is happening fuelled by opportunist thugs from both sides of the fence.

A few of us have been around since the mizumo (I think it was called) forum, which was the one before TiU, and was instrumental in setting up Foul.

Mizumo was before I started learn about the internet and how it worked, I was still using pen and ink (still do!) Are any of those original threads still in existence ? Would be fascinating.

TIU was full of multi posters, I’m sure there were several conversations where people were just talking to themselves! However it served its purpose and was great message board, some good posters and classic threads, sadly I think most of the threads were lost?

I’ve mentioned before that I was Monsieur Cliche on TIU, had a bit of fun with that at the time.:)

TIU was full of multi posters, I’m sure there were several conversations where people were just talking to themselves! However it served its purpose and was great message board, some good posters and classic threads, sadly I think most of the threads were lost?
Remember TIU fondly.

Some great characters on there, and I still recognise some of the names on Yellows, but also a 'difficult' bunch of people with extreme views who'd migrated to TIU en masse having been banned from the Brighton Argus site. 'Rizla' was one of their number.

Uncontrolled multi-posting was a problem, one that Malc has prevented from surfacing on Yellows.

Of course all lives matter, and all of our playing squad matter equally. And if the squad wish to show their support for one or more players in a way that impacts no one else, then we should give them 100% of our support.

If we take Marcus Browne as an example. A young black man who has struggled to settle during his career but has found his "home" here at Oxford. He has played his best football for us, and despite not being "our player" he will be giving everything to get us promoted.

Or Malachi Napa, a young player who has struggled to make an impact in the game and suffered a horrible injury in onlybthe second game of the season. This could have finished his career, but he worked harder than ever to get back, build his fitness and be ready to make an impact if called upon. And all of this with a constant smile on his face.

Rob Hall has struggled to find the speed and style that made him a fans favourite only a couple of seasons ago. But no one can forget his goal at Swindon, or the one he scored against Sunderland in the cup this season. He went away to rebuild his career but has come back in great shape and has trained hard, knowing that he still might not play. He has given everything for the benefits of the club, regardless of whether he appears or not.

Dan Agyei has had a difficult year, the raw talent is there but he's struggled to adapt to the way KR wants him to play. But he's never given up, never stopped working or learning. He gives everything, and his goal against Shrewsbury alone is the difference betwen us being 3 games away from the Championship or already being on holiday.

Do we not owe it to these young men, our players, to say that we are with them and support them on and off the pitch? And we can simply do this by taking a knee a moment before kick off and saying that we, Oxford United, stand against racism, discrimination and hate. Is that really too much to ask?
The problem for me is what else BLM stands for and the slight hypocrisy in their name. The violence of their supporters is not abating, but also the recent communications from the UK chapter of the movement raise a lot of concern for me - discussed elsewhere. The "Defund the Police" point makes no sense as it stands for the UK, but it stays the same for the US and the short term impact there is stark as Police roll back what they do. When the UK chapter go on about Palestine and keep digging the hole, it's clear their intentions are more than just a small racial issue.

I just cannot get away from the feeling that I'm being conned into something in the larger round that I don't agree with, if I go along with BLM and don't look into their movement first. We, as society, have not scrutinised the intent of the organisation anywhere near enough without jumping all in, and journalistic digging into the organisation is something the mainstream media are yet to do. Are they afraid?

It doesn't mean that Black lives mean nothing to me, quite the contrary. It's just the BLM UK movement is something I do not support unconditionally.

I’ve been trying to find out a bit more about the black lives matter organisation based here in the UK.

I found this article https://www.conservativehome.com/th...k-lives-matter-uk-who-are-its-organisers.html

Yes, yes I know it’s the Conservative Home website, but if you ignore some of the replies to the article it does give a decent outline of who the people are behind the black lives matter organisations and what their aims are.

The problem for me is what else BLM stands for and the slight hypocrisy in their name. The violence of their supporters is not abating, but also the recent communications from the UK chapter of the movement raise a lot of concern for me - discussed elsewhere. The "Defund the Police" point makes no sense as it stands for the UK, but it stays the same for the US and the short term impact there is stark as Police roll back what they do. When the UK chapter go on about Palestine and keep digging the hole, it's clear their intentions are more than just a small racial issue.

I just cannot get away from the feeling that I'm being conned into something in the larger round that I don't agree with, if I go along with BLM and don't look into their movement first. We, as society, have not scrutinised the intent of the organisation anywhere near enough without jumping all in, and journalistic digging into the organisation is something the mainstream media are yet to do. Are they afraid?

It doesn't mean that Black lives mean nothing to me, quite the contrary. It's just the BLM UK movement is something I do not support unconditionally.

I think there is a difference between showing support for the idea, and doing so for the movement.

In the same way people will support climate change but distance themselves from Extinction Rebellion, I imagine that there will be continual support for equality and the advancement of young black people, but not necessarily for BLM.

In both cases, there has been direct action to bring these agendas to global awareness and this has perhaps been necessary to get the message heard. But then those who lead them get carried away with wider political or anarchistic views which do nothing for their cause.

I have no issue with taking a knee and showing support for our black players, but I wouldn't finance BLM or give my backing to the organisation for many of the reasons you have raised.

Back
Top Bottom