Ben Woodburn

Called up for the Wales U21 squad.

Terrible decision by Giggs, including Tom Lawrence over Ben given his off field misdemeanours in the last week.

Any chance he will stay instead of going. Surely playing senior football would be more beneficial for his development?

Absolutely no chance. Players don’t turn down international callups often at L1 level do they?

A chance for the others in the squad to put themselves forward, maybe Sykes will get a chance as a result with James Henry able to move inside to Woodburn's role as he has done in the past.

A chance for the others in the squad to put themselves forward, maybe Sykes will get a chance as a result with James Henry able to move inside to Woodburn's role as he has done in the past.

Assuming Sykes doesn't get called up too...

Will he play again for us? Ducking ref should have been shot on Saturday after the challenge on him.

So disappointing. Looks like Sykes will get a chance here after all though, so let’s hope he takes it.

I highly doubt Liverpool will recall him with the injury and that he was playing regularly before that injury.
Maybe they might think the standard f the challenges by some players in n this league aren’t worth the risk to one of their players with the next potential crap challenge could finish their players career

2 Midfielders with big expectations lost in a short space of time (Thorne and Woody). Would be nice to see them both play for OUFC again (I am more confident about Woodburn doing that, than Thorne).

Now time for Sykes and the other promising youngsters to step up. Get Agyei playing to allow players like Henry/Fosu to operate more centrally if need be.

I doubt Sykes will get a chance KR doesn’t rate him that highly
Considering we're told that he also doesn't rate James Henry or Sam Long, then I think he'll be ok! However, I wonder if we'll look to move Brannagan slightly forward into the role Woodburn had with Baptiste sitting a little deeper. Or maybe Hall playing in the position he finished the West Ham game in.

It does however leave us pretty short, especially with suspensions likely in the coming weeks. I suspect that Moore will return to cb to free Mous up for a bit of protection in the middle.

Considering we're told that he also doesn't rate James Henry or Sam Long, then I think he'll be ok! However, I wonder if we'll look to move Brannagan slightly forward into the role Woodburn had with Baptiste sitting a little deeper. Or maybe Hall playing in the position he finished the West Ham game in.

It does however leave us pretty short, especially with suspensions likely in the coming weeks. I suspect that Moore will return to cb to free Mous up for a bit of protection in the middle.
Yes that's a good shout ref Moose, I did think on Saturday our central midfield was getting a little overrun, Shandon isn't the strongest defensively - Moose could indeed be utilised there again.

Back
Top Bottom