Ben Woodburn

Looks a good signing on paper. Work with a Preston fan and he's amazed we got him. Apparently he's been linked with Preston and couple other championship clubs.

Funny how other fans see us as pushing the boat out and investing - wouldn’t have thought that a few days ago on here!!

They seem to miss the other side of the equation with players going out (ie Whyte, Nelson etc) in the short bit I read. Still good that they rate our midfield though.

So much more dangerous with Woodburn on set pieces. I love CB But his delivery is quite straight with not much whip. It seems to have been a tactical move to put Woodburn on corners and free kicks more.

He had a good game today as well with a couple of excellent runs and he really stood up defensively with some quite tasty tackles.

Woodburn is a joy to watch when on song. Effortless running, great control and balance, can spot a pass
and is only 19 ! He will get better and better as the season progresses.

Some of that combination play in midfield today was sublime - Woodburn, Fosu, Henry and Brannagan
were cutting the Gills to pieces for long spells in the first half.

Thought James Henry was amazing today and showed what a good footballer he is and 31 Goals in just
over two seasons for Oxford is a great return.

Woodburn is a joy to watch when on song. Effortless running, great control and balance, can spot a pass
and is only 19 ! He will get better and better as the season progresses.

Some of that combination play in midfield today was sublime - Woodburn, Fosu, Henry and Brannagan
were cutting the Gills to pieces for long spells in the first half.

Thought James Henry was amazing today and showed what a good footballer he is and 31 Goals in just
over two seasons for Oxford is a great return.
Woodburn was good today, seemed more involved and possibly playing more in midfield? He’s certainly got ‘good feet’.

Yeah he’s so much better deeper. He can tackle a bit as well and doesn’t mind harrying the player in possession so he can definitely play midfield. When he’s behind the striker he seems to go missing and doesn’t get involved as much.

Think the pressure of Baptiste, Sykes, Thorne & even Henry (with Forde out wide) really showed.
Looked like a player determined he was going to keep his spot - something great to see.

Think the pressure of Baptiste, Sykes, Thorne & even Henry (with Forde out wide) really showed.
Looked like a player determined he was going to keep his spot - something great to see.
I must agree the extended highlights emphasised what I thought when watching the game yesterday, he was excellent. His confidence is growing, he looked comfortable on the ball and his run and pass to James Henry for the opening goal was first class.

Called up for the Wales U21 squad.

Terrible decision by Giggs, including Tom Lawrence over Ben given his off field misdemeanours in the last week.

Any chance he will stay instead of going. Surely playing senior football would be more beneficial for his development?

Back
Top Bottom