Ben Woodburn

I reckon that playing and trainung with Woodburn should be a really good experience for some if the younger players like Spasov/ Lopes/ James

Really?
You could easily have said the same originally about Roofe who often played wide and McAleny who played as a number 10.
At this level he could easily be prolific.
I think it’s unrealistic to expect him to be prolific. Were Roofe or McAleny prolific? They got about 10-15 league goals I seem to remember which is what I would hope Woodburn could achieve but he’ll get more assists than goals I think,

I think it’s unrealistic to expect him to be prolific. Were Roofe or McAleny prolific? They got about 10-15 league goals I seem to remember which is what I would hope Woodburn could achieve but he’ll get more assists than goals I think,
McAleny scored 10 goals in 18 games
Roofe scored 23 in one season for us do yes very prolific.

Roofe scored 18 league goals in our League Two promotion season; 26 in total.

McAleny only scored 10 - but that was in just 19 games, as he only joined on 31st January.

If Woodburn is anything like as prolific as those two, he'll be doing just fine!

McAleny scored 10 goals in 18 games
Roofe scored 23 in one season for us do yes very prolific.
Roofe in L2 so you’re comparing Apples and oranges but McAleny in half a season hit a purple patch which he didn’t continue elsewhere. Although I hope you’re right I don’t think you will be and I still think we need a goal poacher

So when Ben scores will the chant be he's on fire (Woodburn)?

Having been fortunate enough to watch a number of his Welsh performances, including being there for that goal I am really excited about his signing

As for the chant, well the one used by us Welsh fans is

There's a starman
Playing on the right
His name is Benny Woodburn
and he's f****g dynamite

to David Bowie's Starlight, link here

Really????????

Yes really. Ben Woodman has more experience in the professional game than Whyte has had. As good as Whyte was, he was still very raw. Woodburn is an improvement on Whyte.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Having been fortunate enough to watch a number of his Welsh performances, including being there for that goal I am really excited about his signing

As for the chant, well the one used by us Welsh fans is

There's a starman
Playing on the right
His name is Benny Woodburn
and he's f****g dynamite

to David Bowie's Starlight, link here

David Bowies Starman!!
Very good though. I think yellows fans sang it for Jordan Graham last season!?

'Come on Benny light our fire' ' The heat is on ' ' The Woodman's going to chop you up, strike a match goal and that will burn you up.

Probably going a bit too far there ??

'Come on Benny light our fire' ' The heat is on ' ' The Woodman's going to chop you up, strike a match goal and that will burn you up.

Probably going a bit too far there [emoji23][emoji850]
Bit of Kasabian? "He's on fiiiiiiire. We came to watch the Woodburn. Do do do do etc..."

Let’s hope our other north west million pound player is making him feel at home in deepest darkest Bicester!

Good luck to him. Hopefully no victims feel the need to come song to our games in the meantime.

Roofe in L2 so you’re comparing Apples and oranges but McAleny in half a season hit a purple patch which he didn’t continue elsewhere. Although I hope you’re right I don’t think you will be and I still think we need a goal poacher
I'm not saying anything other than the Woodburn type of player has been for Oxford and can be prolific.
And Woodburn could be a class above McAleny.

Let’s hope our other north west million pound player is making him feel at home in deepest darkest Bicester!

Good luck to him. Hopefully no victims feel the need to come song to our games in the meantime.
There are worst places ??

Back
Top Bottom