League One ‘Bayo AKINFENWA

So being ginger myself, I have been to plenty of games where our fans have sung the ginger chants at players. I usually get the ones signing it laugh when I turn round and say they don’t mean me. I don’t take offence to it in any way what so ever.
I also wouldn’t think of reporting it to a steward.
I understand it is a football match, things are chanted for affect. I’m sure singing to a larger player that if they have 1 more burger and they will be dead doesn’t really affect them.

It is understanding the surroundings however some things do cross the line such as homophobic chants, racist chants and this latest chanting about sex offenders. I’d also throw in the chants about wishing players or their family died.
Fair play, not sure all gingers would take it so well though!

It's Wycombe again for their 3rd successive game that they are the supposed victim. Are they standing atop a parapet to call this out and make sure behaviour that is no longer acceptable is stamped out and are they right to do so? Quite possibly yes and yes to become the heroes of football supporter behavioural change. But they are now getting to the stage where they are going to get tagged as a bunch of squealers and football supporters are more likely to play on it. The whole purpose of supporters is to put the opposition team off, and whilst the chants aimed at them are wrong and not particularly pleasant its obviously working and Wycombe are now portraying an image of weakness. What will start happening very soon is that opposition players and supporters will have an agenda against Wycombe and call out every single minor infringement they make just to get them back and to make sure they are pointed out to be just as bad as everyone else. Whyte's assault and their chanting to Oxford seems to have been significantly overlooked. Football fans need to start to worry that they might only be allowed to clap soon. Until that is banned if it goes over a certain decibel level.

It's Wycombe again for their 3rd successive game that they are the supposed victim. Are they standing atop a parapet to call this out and make sure behaviour that is no longer acceptable is stamped out and are they right to do so? Quite possibly yes and yes to become the heroes of football supporter behavioural change. But they are now getting to the stage where they are going to get tagged as a bunch of squealers and football supporters are more likely to play on it. The whole purpose of supporters is to put the opposition team off, and whilst the chants aimed at them are wrong and not particularly pleasant its obviously working and Wycombe are now portraying an image of weakness. What will start happening very soon is that opposition players and supporters will have an agenda against Wycombe and call out every single minor infringement they make just to get them back and to make sure they are pointed out to be just as bad as everyone else. Whyte's assault and their chanting to Oxford seems to have been significantly overlooked. Football fans need to start to worry that they might only be allowed to clap soon. Until that is banned if it goes over a certain decibel level.
The Chiltern Scousers. Always the victims...

Oxford boys, we’re so woke
We’re not gonna say what Wycombe poke
And dear old Bayo Akinfenwa
Needs a mirror to check his gender

The whole purpose of supporters is to put the opposition team off.
Really? There’s a clue in the word “supporters”

Whilst there is an aspect of baiting the opposition , surely the main purpose is to back their own team. Eg “come on you yellows”.

Back
Top Bottom