League One ‘Bayo AKINFENWA

Don’t be fooled by Akinfenwa and his bouncy media persona, he can be a nasty piece of work. He gave a right tirade full of ‘f’’s and ‘c’’s , clearly in earshot of young kids, going down the tunnel at our place. He couldn’t care less who heard him. Any racist comment by MK fans is clearly out of order but anything less I think is called karma.

Just listened to his interview ! Oh the irony ! Talking about kids in attendance ! Nothing, absolutely nothing - MK fans, Morecambe fans or our fans gave him - is akin to the language he used in front of 6, 7, 8 year olds at ours.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I cannot think of a person I would feel less sympathy for than Akinfenwa.

He's a loathsome self publicist who's happy to goad other teams fans and players, and I suspect this is his latest way of making everything about him (even though he wasn't even playing!). This is the man who showed absolutely zero class or compassion when Wycombe cheated their way past us at Wembley, and now all of a sudden we're supposed to feel sorry for him.

And don't get me started on the club he plays for! Three times in a week Wycombe have complained to referees, about chants, and got games stopped. Are we supposed to believe their treatment is so much worse than all other clubs?

Sorry, but I cannot think of a person I would feel less sympathy for than Akinfenwa.

He's a loathsome self publicist who's happy to goad other teams fans and players, and I suspect this is his latest way of making everything about him (even though he wasn't even playing!). This is the man who showed absolutely zero class or compassion when Wycombe cheated their way past us at Wembley, and now all of a sudden we're supposed to feel sorry for him.

And don't get me started on the club he plays for! Three times in a week Wycombe have complained to referees, about chants, and got games stopped. Are we supposed to believe their treatment is so much worse than all other clubs?

Yep. Classless all round - Akinfenwa, Ainsworth and Wycombe.

So he’s saying he first heard this chant when we went there a couple of games back; with all the tip toeing around what was actually said does anyone know what the nature of the chant was? Racist? Homophobic? Something else?

Does anyone know what the nature of the chants were that particularly upset him? He’s usually quite good with responding to the usual chants, but yesterday was clearly different.

So he’s saying he first heard this chant when we went there a couple of games back; with all the tip toeing around what was actually said does anyone know what the nature of the chant was? Racist? Homophobic? Something else?
The homophobic (pink) chant was aimed at their keeper.
At Akinfenwa it was the sex offender song.

Does anyone know what the nature of the chants were that particularly upset him? He’s usually quite good with responding to the usual chants, but yesterday was clearly different.

Just the same chant he got from our fans. He’s just attention seeking.

It was the Ronaldo sex offender chant, nothing remotely racist about it. It just rhymes with Akinfenwa. It seems to be sung by a lot of fans this season.

And the same chant was also aimed at Matty Taylor by a small minority of Wycombe fans

Just the same chant he got from our fans. He’s just attention seeking.
I dunno, it's a strange thing to sing to someone if you ask me. I wouldn't like it if it was sung to me. Maybe you would think it's ok if it was sung at you? How's it attention seeking, after being angry about publicly being sung at and called a sex offender,?

The chant isn’t nice and is out dated in society these days. However I’m not sure it’s any worse than something like when Bristol Rovers fans singing that they wish Matty Taylor was dead. Did that game get stopped at the time? No and if it was any other player it probably wouldn’t but because it’s Akinfenwa he likes to play to the media. They tried to link it to racism yesterday yet it has nothing to do with his race.

The sex offender chant is pointless and libellous, has nothing to do with those it is aimed at.
It's not big and it's not clever or even original.
Totally agree ,it’s very trendy at the moment and hopefully will quickly disappear

While I acknowledge that this chant is extremely offensive, aren’t most chants, by their very nature, offensive to someone? However, as fans, if we are to remove all traces of offence, Our songbook is going to be very short.
Even Come on you yellows could be deemed racist by some!🤔

Firstly, why are people singing the ‘sex offender’ chant? I can understand the jibe at Ronaldo from Newcastle fans where I first heard the chant sung but not at any other player who has any previous background.

Secondly, when did players become so sensitive to these sort of things? Putting aside seriously problematic chants that are racist and homophobic, players for years have dealt with chants making ludicrous claims about them and dealt with them no problem. I’m sure Joey Beauchamp didn’t give a toss that Swindon fans thought ‘he had AIDS and couldn’t get rid of it’ Why has the worm turned now?

Thirdly, it would be Akinfenwa, wouldn’t it? Wycombe’s chief publicist despite being a useless burden to his side nowadays. A fat, immobile publicist who throws this hand grenade into the mix to disguise his own team’s failures yesterday. No sympathy for him.

I remember Akinfenwa laughing at OUFC supporter chants of "have you ever seen your cock?" When playing for Wimbledon so he clearly can take an offensive chant.

It does seem a bit strange how Ainsworth has played up to the media with this. Because on Quest it was all about Wycombe despite MK actually winning the game!

Where do you draw the line though? Because if Wycombe are painting themselves as angels (like they did with the incidents versus us two weeks back) they ought to look at the various w****r signs their supporters were giving the MK goalscorer during his celebrations.

Back
Top Bottom