Ex Player Anthony Forde

Maybe I've missed the point entirely, but off the back of everything with Joey etc I thought that recognising that life exists away from the football pitch was a good thing, especially when times are tough. I haven't gone into any details for obvious reasons and haven't breeched any confidentialities.

This has nothing to do with being idk or cheap gossip, just an attempt to show support. I'm genuinely gobsmacked that anyone could see this in any other way.

But it's getting far too much attention so I'll make no further comment other than to apologise to anyone genuinely affected.

Maybe I've missed the point entirely, but off the back of everything with Joey etc I thought that recognising that life exists away from the football pitch was a good thing, especially when times are tough. I haven't gone into any details for obvious reasons and haven't breeched any confidentialities.

This has nothing to do with being idk or cheap gossip, just an attempt to show support. I'm genuinely gobsmacked that anyone could see this in any other way.

But it's getting far too much attention so I'll make no further comment other than to apologise to anyone genuinely affected.
Look, it's simply that 99.9999% of Oxford fans have had brought to their attention by yourself that there is possibly something now afoot, whereas if you hadn't mentioned anything in the first place, you get the idea. Please no more comment on the subject.

Cooper's personal issues were (sensitively) made public by KR so we knew why he wasn't in the frame last year. Forde's, to my knowledge, haven't been hence I can understand the attitude from some that they should not have been brought up. It's not our place to pry.

By the by, good to have him signed up again. He seems settled here despite limited appearances and can help out in a variety of roles. I reckon he'd make a very handy wing back if we persist with three at the back. He's the best second choice RB we have and can swing crosses in well. He's proven at this level and has a playoff promotion to his name from League 1. Let's hope he can secure another.

Cooper's personal issues were (sensitively) made public by KR so we knew why he wasn't in the frame last year. Forde's, to my knowledge, haven't been hence I can understand the attitude from some that they should not have been brought up. It's not our place to pry.

By the by, good to have him signed up again. He seems settled here despite limited appearances and can help out in a variety of roles. I reckon he'd make a very handy wing back if we persist with three at the back. He's the best second choice RB we have and can swing crosses in well. He's proven at this level and has a playoff promotion to his name from League 1. Let's hope he can secure another.
I thought that mentioning he'd had some sort of personal issues was OK, it put his recent lack of game time into some context without giving anything away at all.

I thought that mentioning he'd had some sort of personal issues was OK, it put his recent lack of game time into some context without giving anything away at all.
But can’t remember the club mentioning that Forde had issues, whereas coopers were made known.

I reckon he'd make a very handy wing back if we persist with three at the back.

Honestly, I'm not sure I wouldn't rather have Forde than Sykes at RWB against the top sides.

When Sykes can play essentially as a winger, he's awesome. But when he's constantly getting pushed back towards his own goal (as Ipswich & even Shrewsbury both did), then he's less effective. Forde is better defensively and has a good range of passing......I think he could be a good fit at RWB. And then Sykes can rotate with Bodin & Whyte behind Matty T.

Forde was underused and underrated, and whenever he was called upon he did his best and never let us down. A good professional and has a good attitude.

Good Luck at Wrexham, and I hope they come back up, because they’ve been down there way too long, and are a proper club.
Yes and so deserves a first team place, which I'm sure he will at Wrexham.

Never really a RB, a more than competent RW/RM in the right system and the ability to play CM, AM and RWB if needed.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s bolstered his pay packet and playing time by moving to Wrexham.

Good luck to him.

Never really a RB, a more than competent RW/RM in the right system and the ability to play CM, AM and RWB if needed.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s bolstered his pay packet and playing time by moving to Wrexham.

Good luck to him.
I really liked him and would have been happy to see more of him in midfield. Not such great timing now.

Anthony forde was our James milner whatever position he was asked to play he gave 100% never caused any issues just got on with the job so I say good luck fordey your far to good of a player to be in the national League but I'm sure it won't be long and your be back in league one

Back
Top Bottom