Ex Player Anthony Forde

Yep, good to have him in the squad.

And presumably if we were to go up, he would be loaned to another L1 club potentially, of which I’m sure many would be pleased to have him in their squad too.

Last edited:
Well if you agree that he should be starting more then surely you know the position you'd have him in, don't you ?

For what it's worth no way does Forde get a place in my first choice eleven. If everyone is fit he wouldn't make the bench. Decent enough player though.
Thank god you don't pick the squads then!

Great squad player , seems to have a very professional attitude and an older Irish guy to help settle in some of the younger Irish players to the club and area .

I actually think he has been unlucky here, seems to come in, put a decent performance or two in then get a knock, Covid or something, hopefully that will change in the near future.

Thank god you don't pick the squads then!

You think Forde makes the 18 with everyone fit ? With a keeper, you’ve got room for 6 outfield players. Off the top of my head, we’d have Gorrin, Moore, Henry, Browne, Seddon, Baldock, Holland, Winnall, who all didn’t start last week, ahead of Forde for a place on the bench.

You think Forde makes the 18 with everyone fit ? With a keeper, you’ve got room for 6 outfield players. Off the top of my head, we’d have Gorrin, Moore, Henry, Browne, Seddon, Baldock, Holland, Winnall, who all didn’t start last week, ahead of Forde for a place on the bench.

Forde gets on the bench in our strongest squad as he is our most versatile player

Forde gets on the bench in our strongest squad as he is our most versatile player
Out of that list I gave, my six would be Moore, McGuane (who i forgot about), Henry, Baldock, Marcus Browne and Gorrin. That leaves out Seddon, Holland and Winnall along with Forde. Forde gets nowhere near the 18. Who are you leaving out ?

It's a real indicator of how far we've come when we're talking about hoe many players are better than Forde. It's only a year or so ago when an injury would significantly weaken us. Now we not only have a strong bench, but also players who would struggle to make the first 18.

Forde is the perfect squad player. He can cover several positions and works hard behind the scenes to ensure that he's ready when needed. There are better players than him but I'd happily have him covering Long in a straight right back role, adding a bit of bite in the middle or even playing higher up on the right if needed.

It's a real indicator of how far we've come when we're talking about hoe many players are better than Forde. It's only a year or so ago when an injury would significantly weaken us. Now we not only have a strong bench, but also players who would struggle to make the first 18.

Forde is the perfect squad player. He can cover several positions and works hard behind the scenes to ensure that he's ready when needed. There are better players than him but I'd happily have him covering Long in a straight right back role, adding a bit of bite in the middle or even playing higher up on the right if needed.
🤭😊;)

Out of that list I gave, my six would be Moore, McGuane (who i forgot about), Henry, Baldock, Marcus Browne and Gorrin. That leaves out Seddon, Holland and Winnall along with Forde. Forde gets nowhere near the 18. Who are you leaving out ?

Forde for Gorrin for me as he is more versatile.

The thing is you’re always going to have injuries and suspensions (plus Covid absences) across a season, so it’s useful to have a player like Forde in the squad who can do a decent job at right back, right wing back, right wing, left wing, defensive centre mid, centre mid and number ten (probably). Arguments about when everyone is fit are pointless really as that rarely happens!

Let’s face it, the real reason for him signing is so that Karl doesn’t need to sign any more right backs 😅

With the players available to us, even with a fully fit squad, anyone who doesn’t have Forde in the squad, needs their f*****g head examined

Back
Top Bottom