Ex Player Anthony Forde

Hell of a coup for Wrexham, he's not out of place in League 1. Did I read there isn't a wage cap in the National League?

Yeah, likewise - nothing but good things to say about Anthony Forde. Good pro, always put in a shift and could swing in a beautiful delivery with that right foot of his.

Should be a star in the National League, and I wish him well.

The only positive thing about this, from my perspective, is that it's taking away a crutch from KR.
He now can't point to Forde and say 'Look, we've got a backup RB" - he'll have to go out and sign somebody else because we don't even have another makeshift candidate in the squad!

Yeah, likewise - nothing but good things to say about Anthony Forde. Good pro, always put in a shift and could swing in a beautiful delivery with that right foot of his.

Should be a star in the National League, and I wish him well.

The only positive thing about this, from my perspective, is that it's taking away a crutch from KR.
He now can't point to Forde and say 'Look, we've got a backup RB" - he'll have to go out and sign somebody else because we don't even have another makeshift candidate in the squad!
Except that in our statement on Forde leaving, he's already said Golding did well at RB in a friendly!

I’m happy with getting a fee for Forde; while he was a good solid player for us, I never saw him being anything more than a backup player at L1 level. Always gave 100% and worked hard, but as a backup right back, which is what he seemed to turn into, I think we can do better.

Sorry to lose Forde deserved more playing time. Good luck to him

I liked having Forde in the squad, you knew you could rely on him every time, and he knew how to play various positions.
But good luck to him, he deserves a move and I'm sure he'll do well there.
Thank you Fordey!🙏🏽

This is a great move for all parties involved.

Fordey gets to play week in, week out in his favoured position on a long term deal.

OUFC get a little cash.

Having Forde in the squad meant that there was little room to strengthen at right back. Now we can bring in decent right back in to fight Longy for a starting place.

Forde is a really good professional but no longer good enough to be a regular in our push for promotion to the Championship, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom