Anindya Bakrie

I agree with everything you’ve written scotch but I can’t agree with your comments about the council, they haven’t got OUFC at heart. I do hope with those on board now can tell Kassam to f**k off here’s some dosh now P**s off, if they can achieve that with the financial clout they have and that includes purchasing the Ozone and the holiday express hotel because of the income they both produce, them they could bring the breeze block upto date ie 4th stand the exterior of the ground and may it look inviting.

Do you mean the Council buying the stadium and surrounds?

If so, that was/is never going to happen. They couldn't justify it politically with all the cuts even though the money comes from a different pot (and that is assuming they have sufficient money in the Capital budget).

The Council/s could though facilitate Oxford United getting a new ground through political support (ie. for the planning application etc). At a push they could possibly offer a very small level of financial investment (if it received income as a result) but I doubt even that would be politically acceptable with the cuts. That saying with Thohir etc I don't think finance would be the issue anyway.

I agree with everything you’ve written scotch but I can’t agree with your comments about the council, they haven’t got OUFC at heart. I do hope with those on board now can tell Kassam to f**k off here’s some dosh now P**s off, if they can achieve that with the financial clout they have and that includes purchasing the Ozone and the holiday express hotel because of the income they both produce, them they could bring the breeze block upto date ie 4th stand the exterior of the ground and may it look inviting.
Can't see the Kassam stadium ever looking decent, unless it was demolished and started again from scratch maybe... How about we direct Tiger to the thread on here titled 'should the stars align......' ;) a stadium with go faster stripes and a Jack Midson statue cannot help but be approved by the council!!!!
Though seriously IF a new stadium is a possibility due the these money men being enticed by the reputation of the city - surely a stadium should live up to that global rep.
SO many exiting IF'S, though we could still end up with so many FFS instead lol....

Just thinking out loud ...

With the cost and difficulty of building a new stadium (as well as the time it would take) IF - and it's a very big if! - the new directors are looking to spend money, wouldn't buying the stadium off Kassam be the logical thing to do? Obviously it needs finishing/refurbishing, but it is reasonably close to the city, has a good catchment area nearby, people are used to going there etc. With money spend it could start to feel like 'ours' especially with a friendly landlord (because that's what it would still be of course).

Or would that investment only be with the stadium as part of a development with retail etc? In which case it would have to be somewhere else - although where that might possibly be we still have no idea. I'm not holding my breath.

Can't see the Kassam stadium ever looking decent, unless it was demolished and started again from scratch maybe... How about we direct Tiger to the thread on here titled 'should the stars align......' ;) a stadium with go faster stripes and a Jack Midson statue cannot help but be approved by the council!!!!
Though seriously IF a new stadium is a possibility due the these money men being enticed by the reputation of the city - surely a stadium should live up to that global rep.
SO many exiting IF'S, though we could still end up with so many FFS instead lol....
It could look good.
Oxvox and Colin got a top stadium architect to look at it.
There would need to be an awful lot of work done but it could be a decent Stadium.
If it wasn't for Kassam it would be the best option.

Do you mean the Council buying the stadium and surrounds?

If so, that was/is never going to happen. They couldn't justify it politically with all the cuts even though the money comes from a different pot (and that is assuming they have sufficient money in the Capital budget).

The Council/s could though facilitate Oxford United getting a new ground through political support (ie. for the planning application etc). At a push they could possibly offer a very small level of financial investment (if it received income as a result) but I doubt even that would be politically acceptable with the cuts. That saying with Thohir etc I don't think finance would be the issue anyway.

No sorry I don’t mean any of that I mean the council don’t give a flying f**k about Oxford they broke rules to let Kassam have it in the first place.

A cheap but effective option would be to build from the outside and demolish from within. Personally no can’t see where in Oxford they could build a stadium befitting The world brand of Oxford

Take that man's name off it and it would look 1000% better immediately.

Just for debating purposes only, what evidence is there that the council are on side? ;)

I agree with Foley and would add

In the only public response I can find attributed to a council individual, Ms Susan Brown has said
"Oxford United play an important role in the city and since becoming leader I have met with both them and Firoz Kassam to talk through their plans, most recently last week.

"Clearly there are currently issues that the club needs to resolve and the city council is supportive of Oxford United and the good work they do in our local communities and will provide them with any advice that they need."

I see the council no further on side than under Bob Price. In fact, I've seen nothing to suggest that they've been as supportive as Bob Price. Also, no councilor was quoted in the official club statement which was simply bizarre & embarrassing.

The club have yet to release any information on the five sites, in public, I should say Niall McWilliams hasn't, of which staying at the Kassam, was number 6 on his list.

Equally, he's failed to deliver on his promise at the forum “They (council) are actively helping us – and I hope we can give more information in a couple of weeks – to find a site for a new stadium. There is progress being made.”

Then we had the horseshit story of the club paying £1m 'rent'.

Just for debating purposes only, what evidence is there that the council are on side? ;)

In the only public response I can find attributed to a council individual, Ms Susan Brown has said
"Oxford United play an important role in the city and since becoming leader I have met with both them and Firoz Kassam to talk through their plans, most recently last week.

"Clearly there are currently issues that the club needs to resolve and the city council is supportive of Oxford United and the good work they do in our local communities and will provide them with any advice that they need."

I see the council no further on side than under Bob Price. In fact, I've seen nothing to suggest that they've been as supportive as Bob Price. Also, no councilor was quoted in the official club statement which was simply bizarre & embarrassing.

The club have yet to release any information on the five sites, in public, I should say Niall McWilliams hasn't, of which staying at the Kassam, was number 6 on his list.

Equally, he's failed to deliver on his promise at the forum “They (council) are actively helping us – and I hope we can give more information in a couple of weeks – to find a site for a new stadium. There is progress being made.”

Wonder what Susan Brown discussed? I wouldn’t have thought it was anything constructive.

This basically covers all my concerns in a nutshell, and therefore, I’m sorry to be a party pooper, but I’m not going to get too excited until we hear more information about the situation and the clubs plans going forward. Seeing Far Eastern billionaires holding up the clubs shirt is nice, but I want to know why..

Agree with everything you’ve put here Bradders.

It seems the club can say pretty much anything unchallenged. Actually, there is one thing I don’t agree with and that’s the finger pointing at Niall McWilliams as if he is a different entity from “the club”. Regardless of personalities, it’s the club who have made these statements and promises.

Supposedly OxVox have had meetings with all the important players, so can they confirm the councils’ positions are as reported by the club? Do they have a view on the viability of the five sites (and they don’t even have to say where they are to do that!)? Etc etc

I would ask them to publish some minutes of all these meetings they’ve supposedly had, but for some reason they seem reluctant to engage on that point...

I am right in thinking this is a different person, yeah?

It seems the club can say pretty much anything unchallenged. Actually, there is one thing I don’t agree with and that’s the finger pointing at Niall McWilliams as if he is a different entity from “the club”. Regardless of personalities, it’s the club who have made these statements and promises.

Supposedly OxVox have had meetings with all the important players, so can they confirm the councils’ positions are as reported by the club? Do they have a view on the viability of the five sites (and they don’t even have to say where they are to do that!)? Etc etc

I would ask them to publish some minutes of all these meetings they’ve supposedly had, but for some reason they seem reluctant to engage on that point...

Sorry Myles but have the council got any inclination in helping OUFC? I don’t think so just hot air. They may make sounds hoping people will think they are supportive of OUFC. They don’t want football.

perhaps there'll be a few Anindya Bakrie err bakery franchises opening at the breeze block soon? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Silence IS deafening from the club on certain issues ..... and, our MD keeps making public assertions (on behalf of OUFC ? ) , yet doesnt deliver on his own, public assertions it seems.

Is he lazy? Is he contemptuous of OUFC supporters? is he acting on behalf of Tiger/ the board's instructions in NOT following up on his public claims to 'get back to you on that'?

What is certain is that, so far, he doesnt walk it like he talks it in terms of communication!

perhaps there'll be a few Anindya Bakrie err bakery franchises opening at the breeze block soon? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Silence IS deafening from the club on certain issues ..... and, our MD keeps making public assertions (on behalf of OUFC ? ) , yet doesnt deliver on his own, public assertions it seems.

Is he lazy? Is he contemptuous of OUFC supporters? is he acting on behalf of Tiger/ the board's instructions in NOT following up on his public claims to 'get back to you on that'?

What is certain is that, so far, he doesnt walk it like he talks it in terms of communication!

Sarge I get what you’re saying but I hope it there would be a mutual statement from everyone on the board of OUFC which will let us see the 1st phase of what the board are going to do for OUFC.

My finger pointing at OUFC MD is explained above.... for what ever reason he doesnt and so far hasnt delivered on his own public announcements on behalf of the club

More insight into Oxvox meetings with 'important players', or at least the opportunity to directly ask questions regarding any meetings involving the elected Oxvox committee plus any responses, will hopefully be revealed a week this evening, at the Oxvox open members meeting at CPF ?

Sarge I get what you’re saying but I hope it there would be a mutual statement from everyone on the board of OUFC which will let us see the 1st phase of what the board are going to do for OUFC.
So would I @bazzer9461 .... though urgency of any sort doesnt appear to be in our Chairman's character.... and as we all know, ( late for his first FF, announcing time predictions for all manner of things to happen, invariably theyve all overan Tigers claimed timespans), his concept of time doesnt match up with REAL time in the real world. The current set up and board blow hot hair , but evade anything of real substance being communicated to the supporters..... I along with presumably some other OUFC supporters , would welcome a regular, decent and informative flow of information from the Owner and the Board regarding all things OUFC. .... shant hold my breath waiting for the board to openly n honestly communicate with OUFC fanbase

We really were spoilt when , albeit for a shortish time, 'Ask Ashton' was a weekly fixture on Radio Oxford

Back
Top Bottom