Away Match Day Thread +++ 9/3/19 Gillingham v OUFC Matchday Thread +++

Oh and also, not to scapegoat at all given I think he did all he could, but I’m pretty sure Sinclair didn’t win a long ball all game. The ball kept coming back at us and we only really got relief from midfield winning second balls in the first half and quick balls out to the wingers once Whyte came on. Horses for courses and I think Mackie should start on the road from now on, he makes it stick that bit more.

We are pretty soft and do not have enough bottle for shite ugly games like this - unfortunately most of our remaining games will be like this hence why we are in such big bother- and of course a blabbermouth for a manager who is never to blame for anything - what could possibly go wrong !!!

Oh and also, not to scapegoat at all given I think he did all he could, but I’m pretty sure Sinclair didn’t win a long ball all game. The ball kept coming back at us and we only really got relief from midfield winning second balls in the first half and quick balls out to the wingers once Whyte came on. Horses for courses and I think Mackie should start on the road from now on, he makes it stick that bit more.

Agreed. I realize we had already used 2 subs but we needed Mackie earlier today.

Disagree.
He goes to virtually every game,home & away.
He was positive towards the team today and fans.
Anything negative was directed towards the manager and his persistence in playing one up front.
He was at the Bury and Rochdale Tuesday night games and will be there again for Rochdale.
So was I.
Perhaps we three could have a chat on TUESDAY if your going.
Work in London so won’t be able to make it. Don’t get back in time.

Apart from giving away a soft goal
Did we create any/many/enough chances ?
We didn’t
We didn’t work their goalie enough
As usual our shots, that we had, went over or wide

The worst thing is that we could slip out of the league without ever being thrashed since the first few weeks of the season ... lots of games we could have got something from. But there’s no point blaming Tiger because none of our players can bundle in a scruffy goal

I was there and came home with a Gills ST owner. Consensus was Oxford deserved at least a point but its true we never worked their keeper despite pressure. Set piece delivery poor...not helped by the wind. We again looked a real threat when Whyte came on. Gills man amazed and relieved we did not start him. Graham better on left but his final ball was indifferent. Apart from pen Dickie was good imo. Sykes looks a real player. Kashi did well after Mous went off. But why can we not defend set pieces. In a scrappy, feisty game we were the stronger side. Oh and it looked a pen when Holy shoved Sinclair. Their manager said he didn’t see it. Says it all.

I was there and came home with a Gills ST owner. Consensus was Oxford deserved at least a point but its true we never worked their keeper despite pressure. Set piece delivery poor...not helped by the wind. We again looked a real threat when Whyte came on. Gills man amazed and relieved we did not start him. Graham better on left but his final ball was indifferent. Apart from pen Dickie was good imo. Sykes looks a real player. Kashi did well after Mous went off. But why can we not defend set pieces. In a scrappy, feisty game we were the stronger side. Oh and it looked a pen when Holy shoved Sinclair. Their manager said he didn’t see it. Says it all.
Would love to know what the manager was looking at then. Hardly like it's normal not be looking at the penalty area when a corner comes in, perhaps he was checking our goalkeepers positioning.

Massive game Tuesday now, no B*****s about playing Garbutt or anyone else for 60 minutes it needs to be the best possible team from the start from now on.

No real point getting rid of KR now but when our fate is sealed, either way, it’s time to make a change.

Just not good enough. Poor signings at the start of the season. Also bad injuries playing catch up. Poor management. Must win next few games against rochdale, Bradford or league 2 next season

That idiot Paul on Radox. Only comes on when we lose with his f*g whiney voice.

Couldn't agree more, some of the things he was saying about being in the relegation zone all season and it not being acceptable, and robinson being allowed to come up with the same old excuses for far too long, f***ing scandalous. It was when he said that the clubs treatment of fans is unacceptable, I just had to turn off.

Really, well I haven’t.

You haven't what?? Heard him or been to games??
After one game earlier in the season, after we had won, he was talking about this side as potential promotion candidates, so there is a balance there in his views.
How do you expect him to respond after a result like that? His first words were to praise the fans and players.

He (KR) should have made the changes sooner in Whyte and Mackie
Seems Whyte was struggling which was the reason for delaying Mackie so Whyte could see if he could recover

Didn't really impact the game though that delay. The goal would not have been impacted

Two below average teams playing rather cautiously with neither keeper being tested. Unfortunately in the end, they could take a corner, attack the ball at the far post and find space in the centre. And we couldn't. Their goal was not unlike their equaliser last season, and round about the same time too.

(According to the BBC website) We had one shot on target - for a club supposedly 'fighting' against relegation that's a bit pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom