Away Match Day Thread 29/10/2022 L1 : Bolton Wanderers v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mous wasn’t in charge today, Robinson was and on the side Short was the main guy as he is number 2.

It’s amazing that Mous does 1 good interview and everyone now thinks he is the brains behind everything 😂
No one I think has said that just said he was the man they were looking to today maybe Robbo this season had got his substitutions correct and as someone says mobile phones exist and I doubt whether it was a one way conversation I’m sure Mous would have been conversing to KR throughout as I’m sure Mous has an opinion has Robbo listens but to some it’s KR’s way or no way

One more thing, I hope their fuckin mascot is crying now, w****r.
Yeah - if you are going to act like a cock, hope you get the result to make sure the last laugh isn’t on you! This said, if it had been the other way round, we probably would love him or her as we were once again doing a Wycombe!

Mous wasn’t in charge today, Robinson was and on the side Short was the main guy as he is number 2.

It’s amazing that Mous does 1 good interview and everyone now thinks he is the brains behind everything 😂
I accept your point, but if/when KR goes, who do you think is likely to be put in caretaker charge, Short or Mous?

My betting is that it’ll be Mous, with Short as his No 2

Short has been KR no 2 throughout this entire shambles, and I’ve said on a number of occasions that I’m not convinced by his coaching abilities since he’s been here.

However, it’s clear to see the influence that Mous has on the players, both on and off the pitch, and without KR on the touch line today, his input today would’ve been invaluable, and for that he deserves credit.

He’s got all the relevant top UEFA coaching qualifications, and is a highly respected figure at this club and beyond, he just needs a chance now, and I’d be happy for him to be given that chance with us.

But for now, KR is our manager, and we have to accept that, and hope he can turn things around, and get us up the league.

But let’s not kid ourselves, the occasional result or two, amongst otherwise poor results and performances, and touchline bans, is no turnaround in fortunes, and isn’t gonna be enough to save his job.

In terms of results, it’s been a good week, but we need a good month, and then another good month, before I start believing KR has turned things around, and should be trusted with another transfer window budget.

KR was in charge today not mouse and I just wish some people on here would give him the credit he deserves. The manager staff and players should all be proud tonight.
COYY
Of course he was he rings down and seats erm Mous sub so and so and bring on so and so and then hangs up. KR I would like to think he can converse with his team or is it my way or the highway?

The thought of KR having another transfer window frightens the s**t out of me!

10th time lucky?

It’s hardly been 9 bad ones in a row.

The scrutiny on Jan will be massive, given he’s got new bosses and the clear disasters the last two have been.

A whole load of reasons I would have thought.
Moore wasn't fit a few games ago, Anderson by his own admission is now fitter, Bate was not fit.
Agree with your points but today we played square pegs in square holes which made a big difference.
We looked much more like a team that were playing for one another and knew their positions (until we made the subs).
Our forwards also harried their defence which allowed our midfield to pick up many more second balls.
Our defence were also excellent, especially in the air.
We could have taken that approach weeks ago with the players that were available.

Credit to Lewis Bate today,
Dug us out of a hole in our box at one stage. Good shift and constructive in possession.

I thought our midfield absolutely bossed the centre of the park first half today. Seemed to pick up every second ball, and drove us forward really well. That was a credit to all three of them.

Second half wasn't as great - whether we dropped off intentionally, or their subs made a difference, it became much more a backs-to-the-wall-catch-'em-on-the-break game. But doesn't matter with the three points in the bag......

Yes. If you are 1-0 up you get 3 points for a clean sheet, or only 1 or 0 if you don't get one.

The help you gain results, but the poster is choosing to ignore 3-1 and 4-2 wins because they haven't included a clean sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom