Current Player #27 Max Woltman

Cool. What would £60k back in 1984 when we signed him be worth today? ;)
Paid 43k for a house in Blenheim Road Kidlington in 1986
Today worth £531k and a bit more once the stadiums built

On that day in history
Moved in, got fish and chips and a few beers to sit down and watch England.
And Maradona punches the ball in the net.

Last edited:
Why does it take away the excitement?

John Aldridge cost £60,000. Would it have been more exciting had it been £200k?

At risk of being annoying, yes the 200k is more exciting.

It’s the allure of quality inference. You are recognizing that people in charge value the product higher so assumption is the product is better.

You’re using the reference of hindsight and his subsequent performance to qualify two separate prices as having equal meaning

At risk of being annoying, yes the 200k is more exciting.

It’s the allure of quality inference. You are recognizing that people in charge value the product higher so assumption is the product is better.

You’re using the reference of hindsight and his subsequent performance to qualify two separate prices as having equal meaning
Interesting, must be what drives the cult of Apple, with them over-pricing hardware that is no better than their rivals.

Surely the excitement gained due to this effect will only last until the first game is played (or handful of games), and then you'll experience an opposite effect once you have some actual data, the lower value performing at the same level as the expensive one giving a greater satisfaction?

Interesting, must be what drives the cult of Apple, with them over-pricing hardware that is no better than their rivals.

Surely the excitement gained due to this effect will only last until the first game is played (or handful of games), and then you'll experience an opposite effect once you have some actual data, the lower value performing at the same level as the expensive one giving a greater satisfaction?

I’d say that’s spot on. The realisation of a bargain later on would indeed make you feel greater satisfaction.

If we actually knew the quality of the individual in advance , and felt like we had a knockdown price , then I think we’d also have satisfaction. But in this case we are relying on too many indeterminate factors. The data is limited.

I think this is where a recruitment team earn their wedge.
Ask most donny fans and they might be perplexed at us paying 6 figures for the lad. Also at donny, if he was looking to move the ball on sharply across the grass and there were limited options and feasible angles then he may have HAD to take another touch.
Im not saying we are 2011 Barcelona, but he has been identified as a suitable Manning baller and he looks as if he counter presses very aggressively too. At 19, it's possible he can have a very good career. I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool maintain an interest in the boy.

Back
Top Bottom