24/01/23: 2pm Oxfordshire County Council meeting LIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s one of their councillors so that’s strange unless I’m mistaken about him being a Kidlington councillor
Yes he's a Parish Councillor but not from Kidlington.

My Grandad was a Councillor for 2 decades in Kidlington, and I very fondly remember how a walk from A to B in Kidlington took 3 times longer when I walked with him, because he spoke to absolutely everyone in kiddy.

That certainly wouldn't be the case with Ian Middleton.

A positive result off the pitch today, well done to all those that have helped get us to this stage, thank you to everyone who spoke on our behalf at the Council today. A long way and much still to be done. From what I’ve seen Niall has done a great job to date, and well supported by Oxvox.

Despite the nimby objections , Kidlington is in my opinion 100% the right place for this new stadium. Oxford Parkway the public transport links, Water Eaton and Pear Tree P&R make the Kidlington site so much more environmentally friendly than Grenoble Rd. SB was the better option, and local residents will lose out on that thanks to FOSB, but the Triangle will still be light years ahead of anything we currently have at the Kassam.

As an aside, will the money raised to fund FOSB be returned now that it is no longer needed?

Screenshot_2023-01-25-06-23-03-97_a5e8fe7543e41cfbc6cdd74088af5b74.jpgsorry to spoil the party so to speak . Like I said these people won't give up . We need to put our foot on the gas & step up our own campaign. Don't get get complacent, just because we've won 1 battle of the war. Start NOW !!! As we finished off yesterday ..COME ON YOU YELLOWS 🤘🤘

View attachment 11848sorry to spoil the party so to speak . Like I said these people won't give up . We need to put our foot on the gas & step up our own campaign. Don't get get complacent, just because we've won 1 battle of the war. Start NOW !!! As we finished off yesterday ..COME ON YOU YELLOWS 🤘🤘

We were always going to face objections. The fact is the majority are in favour. House builders get plans through when a huge majority are against.

Local council elections in may gotta get people to stand against the naysayers
With a traditional low voter turnout at local elections, it would not take much of a 'campaign' to see a big influence in the Cherwell result. Middleton is up for election this year, so you can bet your bottom dollar the anti-stadium groups will be actively campaigning to encourage votes for him. We need a coordinated pro-stadium campaign to encourage Kidlington residents, who never usually bother to vote, to get out and try and make a difference. It will be interesting to see if any of the candidates pin yellow colours to their political mast - so to speak.

Good news yesterday and time now for the club to really start communicating the benefits of the new stadium.
I am assuming that the club will also be in regular discussion with Oxvox (how can supporters help, should they try and impact the local election?)
It did seem to me that the plea for e mails/ communication to the Council was pretty last minute.
FoSB have been spouting nonsense for months now. There should be real positives about the new stadium, but everybody needs to be able to understand them.

That McIver creature's only comments on Rad Ox this morning is how is the stadium going to be paid for.....not her issue at all,if thats her only argument then thats pathetic

Good news yesterday and time now for the club to really start communicating the benefits of the new stadium.
I am assuming that the club will also be in regular discussion with Oxvox (how can supporters help, should they try and impact the local election?)
It did seem to me that the plea for e mails/ communication to the Council was pretty last minute.
FoSB have been spouting nonsense for months now. There should be real positives about the new stadium, but everybody needs to be able to understand them.

This morning was the first time I had looked at the FOSb site, it contains pictures of stratfield brake still and talks about the sports teams that use it as if us moving to the area would see them worse off. That's despite us now not looking at that land, the sports clubs unanimously being behind us moving to the area, KPC spending 30% of the budget they have on it and it still being in a disgraceful condition, and OUFC actually wanting to provide better improved and better facilities as part of the deal, yet they they still continue with a lie that they are doing it to protect local amenities.

FOSB and KPC, who are one and the same, are just a small cadre of people in a NIMBY pressure group whose real objection to the new ground is based on snobbery and classism, no reasoning with the likes of Middleton and McIvor, it's obvious we are carrying a lot of the decent people of Kidlington with us, the local community wants progress and improved facilities, we just need to carry on engaging with them and extolling the positives of what we bring.

Absolutely no point trying to engage with the hardcore anti mob though as they will turn everything said into a negative, lie, filibuster and do anything they can to stop this happening, we can do nothing to bring them round.

That McIver creature's only comments on Rad Ox this morning is how is the stadium going to be paid for.....not her issue at all,if thats her only argument then thats pathetic
Well it won’t be paid for by taxpayers money or hers so she can stop worrying her little brain about it 😆

Mods

Now the Stadium Plans thread has closed I’m not sure where to put this but I would say anything stadium related like plans how to approach CDC , targeting councillors and so forth should be on the same thread so that we all know what needs to be done.

We can’t take our eye off the ball and we need a concerted campaign a drip drip drip if you like,constantly saying how good the stadium can be for everyone. Could be if anyone is willing to put candidates forward for the May elections

But now we’ve got our act together and we can see what needs to be done a single thread would be best

Mods

Now the Stadium Plans thread has closed I’m not sure where to put this but I would say anything stadium related like plans how to approach CDC , targeting councillors and so forth should be on the same thread so that we all know what needs to be done.

We can’t take our eye off the ball and we need a concerted campaign a drip drip drip if you like,constantly saying how good the stadium can be for everyone. Could be if anyone is willing to put candidates forward for the May elections

But now we’ve got our act together and we can see what needs to be done a single thread would be best
Doesn't help as I know it's another new thread, but see here: https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/cherwell-district-council-cdc-elections-4-may-2023.9041/

Yes that’s what prompted me

If we have lots of threads sometimes important stuff can be diluted, that’s why the New Stadium Plans SB was so good everyone came together on there especially e Mailing counsellors.

Mods if you are reading this could you ask to keep all new stadium correspondence in one thread.

Could be New Stadium Plans The Triangle but I will leave it to you

Anyone hear Nial Mc Williams on Radox pre game yesterday?

Now I think he was sounding very cautious he must have been really thrilled on the inside. He kept mentioning little steps but surely this was a huge step forward because the alternatives would have been a deferment or a no.

I know what he’s getting at but please show some more enthusiasm Niall

Safe to say that if the decision had gone the other way yesterday, I'd be emailing the councillors some feedback and further thoughts today. I can only assume that's what the opposition will be doing. With that in mind, I'm going to take 5 minutes today to send a quick thank you email to the cabinet and feel like it would be a worthwhile thing to do if others have the time this week.

It's going to be a long slog to get this stadium over the line, the opposition will continue to try throw outdated stereotypes our way and paint us as hooligans, and we need to keep as many of the influential people on side as is possible. A quick thank you is little effort and will help the councillors to feel justified in their decision when the anti groups inevitably ramp up their rhetoric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom