24/01/23: 2pm Oxfordshire County Council meeting LIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's for other reasons.
Yep, it's for the fact she has persistently ignored local residents who support the move and instead is trying to peddle an army of agitators to frustrate the process without remotely acknowledging any positives that can arise from such a development. Not just in this case but others too against the interest of the wider local community and prospective residents from outside who could bring something to the local area.

If it was another golf course being built with a 500 space car park, she would be 110% behind it I absolutely guarantee.

Yep, it's for the fact she has persistently ignored local residents who support the move and instead is trying to peddle an army of agitators to frustrate the process without remotely acknowledging any positives that can arise from such a development. Not just in this case but others too against the interest of the wider local community and prospective residents from outside who could bring something to the local area.

If it was another golf course being built with a 500 space car park, she would be 110% behind it I absolutely guarantee.
am I right in thinking she doesn't even live in Kidlington?

Been a busy day at work but just got round to skimming through this thread...

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

First of many hurdles navigated. But my god what a relief. We have some very special people supporting our club and I salute all those who gave their time and effort to get this through!

Is there anywhere I can watch the first half? I want to see the speeches
If you go onto the link tomorrow, I don't know if it will work now. But I've looked at previous meetings and you can watch I'm pretty sure

Yellow taxi!!! For Hill, McIvor, Campbell ,Boggs ,& Middleton.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-24-18-34-55-05_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-24-18-34-55-05_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Referring again to that quote above, as fans we have to recognise that local politicians have a tricky balancing act.

Cllr Miller is a significant figure in the LD/Green Alliance which controls the County Council and he therefore needs to balance his Cabinet role in supporting developments, with the issues and concerns of his party and constituents.

The part in bold in my quote of a quote is basically what was said by Cllr Miller today (and stressed further in that he noted that further discussions would begin “tomorrow morning”.)

Important to understand this or at least not fly off the handle when politicians makes statements which aren’t as black or white as “the stadium will be built”.

This was local democracy doing its job effectively today - certain Parish Councils should take note - and it allows us to progress further towards the ultimate dream of having a world-class, sustainable stadium which benefits the club and our County.

Well done to everyone who wrote in and I got very choked up at some of the fantastic speakers today. Wonderful to hear genuine Oxfordshire accents today in support of our club - young and old, men and women.

We move onto the next battle - and we’ll all need to step up again to show our support - but this was a big, big day for the club we love.

Beer?
🍻

• React
Reactions: MJB
Well done everyone who registered their views with the council or who signed the petition albeit for SB proposals ...the actual numbers you get or if close to your ballpark figure are not over important- after all 1m can march in London without changing anything but it is part of the historical record.

Didn't see all the speeches, was there anyone against, who was actually from Kiddlington? All I saw was local residents totally in favour.

The way everyone has pulled together shows what people can do when they work together for a positive cause. The braveness of some fans sharing their very personal stories is truly humbling. Feeling quite emotional about it all and truly thankful and proud to be a yellow! Thank you to everyone who helped to make this next step of the process happen. Let’s continue in this vein until we are each sat in a seat in the new ground cheering on the club! COYY!

Fantastic news, a win tonight and we could be sat just outside the play-offs with a new stadium on the horizon. Would be some day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom