Home Match Day Thread 23/01/2024 L1: OUFC vs Barnsley

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carpy

Staff member
Should be our toughest test of recent times this evening if the form table is to be believed

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 17.26.07.png

Very winnable game and to keep pace we really need a win.
Hoping that the usual Tuesday evening malaise is blown away to give the boys the support they’ll need, actually I’ll even welcome a drum if it means the noise levels are raised.. Anyone got one?

🤞Fingers crossed the game is on tonight. The last thing we need is to build a backlog of games as we approach the climax of the season!

Having said that, we'll have to be on the top of our game to keep Barnsley at bay; but after a brief rest and with the introduction of Burey here's hoping for a win!

Oxford United 1 - Barnsley 0.

I think this game might get called off. The winds are expected to be about 50 mph which could be dangerous. I vaguely remember an evening game about 15 years ago which was called off because a roof panel was flapping about on the South stand.
Was it against Kidderminster midweek..... It wasn't called off, some fans were moved

It's what the games all about, playing in all different conditions,same for both sides.bloodyhell might as well start playing in indoor arena's 🤷🏻‍♂️
Really? I'm all for having a retractable roof on the new stadium like Wimbledon.

Looking forward to it, a game under the floodlights against promotion rivals in winter in s**t weather with only the hardcore home and away fans there, bit of a throwback. As Scrongo says you have to play football in different conditions, this could be a good one to bring the team together and tough out a win, can't wait.
I'm too old to be a masochist.

Looking forward to seeing Burey's debut and Gregly's return.

Coyys!!

No reason why it can't be a very good game - two teams playing the ball around on the floor.. the sort of opponent we thrive against.. although we are a bit poor.. we'll either win by a couple or lose 1-0 to a Herbie Kane goal.

Hope for a 0 0?
Surely aby Oxford supporter wouod hope for a win?
Conditions could be awful, but poor Conditions or not, there us no reason why on a good day we can't beat Barnsley.
But it's not a good day though, is it? It's an awful one.

Won't it be nice when we are snugly tucked into that new stadium with stands on four sides and the corners filled in? With under soil heating weather related postponements might be a thing of the past.
Unfortunately, the trains we will be relying on to reach the stadium will have been cancelled......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom