Home Match Day Thread +++ 21/12/19 OUFC v Wycombe Wanderers +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we play like we did 2nd half Wednesday then we'll thump them. They will no doubt go for sh*thouse time wasting tactics as always though so it will be a very different test to Man City.

Going for 2-1 Taylor and Sykes.
It will be a very different game!
They won't let us play good football. They will be strong, spoiling and nasty. If they go a goal up they'll waste time. This is where KR has to have more than 'pure' football at the ready.

What happened on Wednesday means precisely nothing should we not get a result tomorrow.

Not that Karl and the team need me to tell them this.

We really dont want to concede first ( more so than most games)
A really tough game. They have only conceded 14 in 20 games. So if they do score first I could see it being a horrible game from that time on.
Cadden. Henry coming back in should give us more pace and guile..
I have no idea which way it will go but they are due a defeat.

This Anti-football tag really has to go. They are top of the league and to do that they must have something about them. Whatever they have, they are no mugs. They are certainly not going to come here and try to go toe to toe, because we will rip them a new one. I expect them to be very tough to break down and quite inventive getting forward. We have the class to win it but we will need to bring the A game. We do that, and there is only one winner.

I have a bad feeling about the game so if I predict a loss I could get a pleasant surprise
Same. They’re on a good run and despite the heroics of Wednesday we’ve been a little flat for a while now. Wouldn’t mind a draw, still a lot of the season to play, this is hardly promotion-deciding.

Unfortunately the Christmas madness has forced me into working again tomorrow, probably the first time in a decade that I’ve missed two home league games in a season, but I’ll be forced to listen on the radio.

My team would be:

Archer
Cadden Dickie Mous Ruffels
Brannagan Gorrin Baptiste
Henry Taylor Fosu​

That’s basically our strongest lineup, if Henry’s fit, he plays. A bit risky playing Brannagan and Baptiste again after both of them have played so much so soon after injuries in the space of a few days, but we’ve dropped a few points in the league recently, and need to get back to winning ways, so needs must.

Gonna be a really tough game, but if we play as well as we did on Wednesday, I’m confident we’ll get the win.

COYY

This Anti-football tag really has to go. They are top of the league and to do that they must have something about them. Whatever they have, they are no mugs. They are certainly not going to come here and try to go toe to toe, because we will rip them a new one. I expect them to be very tough to break down and quite inventive getting forward. We have the class to win it but we will need to bring the A game. We do that, and there is only one winner.

agreed, it’s cringe hearing it all the time. They are well clear at the top ffs, you don’t get there by being ‘anti-football’ [emoji849]

we were top for a while under Atkins playing some of the shittest football ever

they’ve been top two all season, but you keep telling yourself they are ‘anti-football’ if it makes you feel better [emoji1417] of course they will time waste, like 95% of teams around the country when winning away from home. Christ, I’ve seen us do it plenty and it’s all fun and games then

What are you going to do about your avatar when we play Lincoln on Boxing Day?

May I suggest a temporary chador, @gingerox?

Back to tomorrow. Or forward. Looking forward to a horrible game, looking forward to narrow but significant wins morning and afternoon.

play like we did on Wednesday and we will beat any league one team, but we know football isn’t that simple. Hope we have a strong referee tomorrow and we are allowed to play our football.
2-0 to the U’S Dickie and Taylor to score.

COYY

They don't seem to play anti-football
Wycombe v Burton game 6 days ago, I know its only a couple of minutes.

I wouldn't of minded a draw if we would have got 6 points against Shrewsbury and mk dons, but since we didn't, anything else than a win for us will bring the grinch out of me for xmas and I will be wishing it was boxing day already so we can atleast get a result against Lincoln.

I think this is going to be a horrible game, unless we get a goal early.

1-0 or 1-1, with Brannagan back among the goals.

Or if we score in the first 10 minutes, it's a 3-0 rout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom