Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we’ve had a bid turned down for Ryan Hardie, a tall quick striker who would make a great alternative or partner for Taylor. Assuming we don’t go back with another bid and move on to other targets, who is out there of a similar style and calibre? Possibly one for @Shosho
Daniel Udoh and Matt Stevens would be top of that list for me.

But we still haven't addressed the wing backs and the 3rd striker so maybe we should start offering chocolate buttons. Our bench yesterday was most probably the weakest in the league (especially in attacking sense)
That is true, but that is probably due to KR losing out on targets to other clubs, the fact we are now paying Brannagan about 8-10k a week & we have paid fees for Findlay & Wildschut plus wages, probably tells you that. Don’t think it’s down to lack of budget. I have said to many people, the buck stops with KR this season. If he doesn’t build a balanced squad with the budget he’s going to get. This should be his last season.

There was no way the youngsters were going to come on in that situation. If we'd have been at least 3-0 up then it might have happened!! Could be said what was the point of them being there but because KR and his management team have been slow in the transfer window there wasn't anyone else. Signing Jones too late for him to be included was quite frankly incompetent.
Then he may as well of not named them as subs! They ain’t gonna improve being sat on their a**e warming the bench. In that situation there is very little to lose. We sent on brown with injury time to go & sent eastwood forward so I don’t think we was worried about losing 2 or 3-0 tbh with you.

4/5 signings needed.

• Forde being sold means we need a right back to compete with or replace Long. There is also doubts over Long’s hamstrings.

• A tough tackling holding midfielder is needed to protect our back 4.It also allows McGuane/Brannagan to take more risks & allows our full backs to push on. Gorrin can’t be relied on after a serious injury.

• A first choice left back is needed & should be a priority! Seddon is not good enough.

• A striker different to Taylor/Baldock is needed. Kion Etete the name linked on loan would be fit the bill.

• Possible 5th signing would be a winger with Wildschut out for half a season.
Rak-Sakyi on loan is the rumour. If not possibly Goodrham could step up.

View attachment 9627
You cannot play Henry where you have put his name in that graphic. We do that we will finish midtable at best. Today showed his legs have gone. He offered virtually nothing.

Then he may as well of not named them as subs! They ain’t gonna improve being sat on their a**e warming the bench. In that situation there is very little to lose. We sent on brown with injury time to go & sent eastwood forward so I don’t think we was worried about losing 2 or 3-0 tbh with you.
Trouble is if the youngsters had come on and we lost, this forum would be in a much bigger meltdown than the mild one we have now.
KR was clearly going for the point which is what he often tries to do but he very often gets it wrong, I'll give you that!!

Trouble is if the youngsters had come on and we lost, this forum would be in a much bigger meltdown than the mild one we have now.
KR was clearly going for the point which is what he often tries to do but he very often gets it wrong, I'll give you that!!
We have nothing to lose bringing them on at 1-0 down in the 80th minute. Whether we lose 2 or 3-0 at that point I wouldn’t really care. Goodrham was one of our available wingers. O’donkor was an available striker. Yet we bring on a CB & throw the keeper forward. It’s just utter stupidity. I’ll give KR 12-15 games this season but if he doesn’t improve our away form them we really need to start looking at if he’s the right man to get us promoted

We have nothing to lose bringing them on at 1-0 down in the 80th minute. Whether we lose 2 or 3-0 at that point I wouldn’t really care. Goodrham was one of our available wingers. O’donkor was an available striker. Yet we bring on a CB & throw the keeper forward. It’s just utter stupidity. I’ll give KR 12-15 games this season but if he doesn’t improve our away form them we really need to start looking at if he’s the right man to get us promoted
If we threw youngsters on at the end and Derby tore them to shreds in front of 30,000 fans lording it up and taking the P**s, Robinson would get pelters on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom