Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been very complimentary this week and excited for the new season. Merely expressing disappointment that a promotion rival has signed one of the best young strikers in England does not make me pessimistic I don't think?
Don't celebrate other clubs signings with so much zeal while at the same time muting ours then.

Not sure I agree with this post entirely. I can certainly see myself remembering in 20 years the days when we scored 6 at Lincoln on the Saturday followed up by 4 against West Ham on the Tuesday.
You can't remember the West Ham game that well then, it was on a Wednesday!!

Last edited:
I've been very complimentary this week and excited for the new season. Merely expressing disappointment that a promotion rival has signed one of the best young strikers in England does not make me pessimistic I don't think
Do you think the comment "Expect Portsmouth to be strong whilst we load up with wingers" demonstrates your excitement for the new season?

A hat trick from the man who you said a few weeks ago didn’t act in a good way when he turned us down a couple of years ago, and who you’d be surprised if the club offered him a way back?

Interesting!
Mr Egg is being very clever here. Sinclair plays well and he claims he predicted it. Sinclair is pants and he’ll claim that last paragraph was sarcasm. It’s part of the Scotchers ITK Splattergun Approach.

Do you think the comment "Expect Portsmouth to be strong whilst we load up with wingers" demonstrates your excitement for the new season?
Think it’s more an observation, can have an observation about other teams while supporting your own & having an opinion on ours surely? Given that our squad balance hasn’t really been right for 2 years the concerns are valid. Everyone wants KR to get it right and for us to be successful. He’s done so much good at the football club.

Think it’s more an observation, can have an observation about other teams while supporting your own & having an opinion on ours surely? Given that our squad balance hasn’t really been right for 2 years the concerns are valid. Everyone wants KR to get it right and for us to be successful. He’s done so much good at the football club.
Not saying how Kip should feel about our team, but suggesting why people might interpret that opinion as something other than "complimentary" or "excitement for the new season".

You don't have to be positive all the time, but people might say you aren't positive all the time.

Last edited:
Thought we were due another few signings this week, still seem about 4 players short……..

I predict a 2-1 defeat at Derby followed by some good results in August. Optimism will grow with the arrival of 2/3 promising players - and hopefully at least one of those will be a full back as I still worry about our vulnerabilities there.

Would certainly feel a bit more comfortable with Jones done this week. Don’t think any of us are concerned by a front four of Taylor, Murphy, Bodin, Browne for Derby. Need something off the bench though.

Hirst is available for a fee of around 1.5-2m I think and wages around the 15K mark move on.

Scored 13 goals in League Two in their promotion winning season which at the time was a career best for him by some distance, I just think we could do better given the finances needed to sign him.

So he’s a late bloomer! Nothing wrong with that.

Mr Egg is being very clever here. Sinclair plays well and he claims he predicted it. Sinclair is pants and he’ll claim that last paragraph was sarcasm. It’s part of the Scotchers ITK Splattergun Approach.
In fairness, there are plenty on here who do something similar. They are so desperate to appear to be ITK.

In fairness, there are plenty on here who do something similar. They are so desperate to appear to be ITK.
To be fair also there are a few who do seem to get some information before most of us do ( and even if this turns out to be wrong sometimes, there are bits if truth in there)
Personally I would prefer to hear from 5 to 6 posters even if sometimes it isn't 100%

Whaaaaat?! We also conceded a shedload. Means zilch. We have one fit striker I don't think we'll be troubling that chart this season.
"Means Ziltch!".,. Not for me.

I love watching us banging in the goals, great entertainment.

Some prefer a win at all cost approach, for me, I don't get depressed if we lose a game as long as it was entertaining and we played good attacking football.

It's annoying how easily we concede, but I much prefer KR brand of football than the Atkins Brand of football.

"Means Ziltch!".,. Not for me.

I love watching us banging in the goals, great entertainment.

Some prefer a win at all cost approach, for me, I don't get depressed if we lose a game as long as it was entertaining and we played good attacking football.

It's annoying how easily we concede, but I much prefer KR brand of football than the Atkins Brand of football.
Yes but you go to the games, rather than just read the results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom