Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not doubting you Ryan, I'm not. You are more ITK than I could ever dream of being. But you can see how it's just not adding up at all?

I dont doubt that we have, in the past, somewhat 'gone for it'. But this season it feels like something has changed. When we got to maybe being 2-3 good players away from being contenders it feels like we have totally given up.

We've sold a 2 million pound player and our only significant move is to see if a guy fancies delaying his homage to the Colonel a few months.

It's utterly, utterly bizarre, and you would hope a journalist is asking what the crap is going on.

This post would make sense if it was early September, not July. Judge them on what they actually do, not what you perceive them having not done up to this point. It’s fairly clear that things haven’t gone to plan thus far, but that doesn’t mean we’re throwing the towel in.

Players will come in, they might not have been the top targets, but judge whether we are ‘going for it’ when we have actually gone.

Well they better get on with it! Or we’ll be borrowing players from Oxford City
The "getting on with it" is fair, but (assuming rumours are accurate) Scarlett has been given a few weeks off after u19' Euros. Morton will be in the far east with Liverpool until the weekend. Dom Thompson could be off to Germany with Brentford. Findlay has been delayed a week. Cardiff will want a permanent deal for Whyte to recoup some of the £2m they paid us, but that means a drop in wages (maybe as much as £150k this year) which takes a bit of sorting out. Others coming from the Championship will have interest elsewhere and that slows things down.

I'm not saying that there isn't frustration or whether or not that frustration is fair, but we are fishing in different waters and some of that takes time.

I'm not doubting you Ryan, I'm not. You are more ITK than I could ever dream of being. But you can see how it's just not adding up at all?

I dont doubt that we have, in the past, somewhat 'gone for it'. But this season it feels like something has changed. When we got to maybe being 2-3 good players away from being contenders it feels like we have totally given up.

We've sold a 2 million pound player and our only significant move is to see if a guy fancies delaying his homage to the Colonel a few months.

It's utterly, utterly bizarre, and you would hope a journalist is asking what the crap is going on.
Oxford mail won't ask tough questions they're too scared to do so and won't want to upset the apple cart

The "getting on with it" is fair, but (assuming rumours are accurate) Scarlett has been given a few weeks off after u19' Euros. Morton will be in the far east with Liverpool until the weekend. Dom Thompson could be off to Germany with Brentford. Findlay has been delayed a week. Cardiff will want a permanent deal for Whyte to recoup some of the £2m they paid us, but that means a drop in wages (maybe as much as £150k this year) which takes a bit of sorting out. Others coming from the Championship will have interest elsewhere and that slows things down.

I'm not saying that there isn't frustration or whether or not that frustration is fair, but we are fishing in different waters and some of that takes time.

There are also hundreds of players who become available in July and August who would have been unattainable before.

You may well be right, we just don’t know which is a bit boring by now.

I’d say judge that on September 1st.

It isn’t the boards fault we have no new players in currently. The funds are there and the blame lies with KR.

Ultimately if he gets it wrong (like he has done so far this summer) then he will lose his job as manager.

The Oxford job will be very attractive to better managers than KR next year if he doesn’t get this window right.

Things only don't add up if you think that we're only looking at Sinclair and Jones. Ryan has explained in detail about recent expenditure, and if you think that we spent £500k on a loan deal for Kane, then how much do you think we'll be paying to bring in the likes of Dane Scarlett, Tyler Morton and a PL left back?

Add it the fact that we'll also likely bring a player similar to Kane for centre mid, Findlay and maybe another cb/rb and at least 2 more wingers and you can see that there's still some big money to spend.
That was my point, we’ve spent big money on the things Ryan suggested, but then we haven’t actually secured anyone new yet in this window. From KR’s interviews and general tone that clearly wasn’t the plan! So the question remains why?

I truly hope all those you mention come to fruition and I’m sure many would be delighted if they did. But how many other players have we already suggested are coming and then we find they’ve snubbed us or we‘ve been gazumped?

The longer we wait whilst these players go on tours with their clubs, have time off or whatever, there is further risk they may get injured, decide against us or a better offer comes in. We need players to bond ahead of the new season, understand systems and above all else to sign on the dotted line.

If we end up signing a few really, really good players who simply weren’t available until later in the window then this whole thread will have been a colossal waste of time.

Not if we have a shocking August it won’t when the fixtures on paper should see us in the top few places in the league.

It isn’t the boards fault we have no new players in currently. The funds are there and the blame lies with KR.

Ultimately if he gets it wrong (like he has done so far this summer) then he will lose his job as manager.

The Oxford job will be very attractive to better managers than KR next year if he doesn’t get this window right.

Can you evidence the things that KR has got wrong this summer?

See my earlier comment. I think this is a false split - the club as a whole is trying to sign players and the board have a responsibility as well as Karl and the recruitment team.

I think this striker might suddenly be available unless there‘s an investigation launched regarding suspicious betting patterns in the match 🥺🥺

So Cadden + Owen Beck moves elsewhere were confirmed today, both players we had an interest in. Was told 3 names for left back, NC + OB being two, the other Dominic Thompson (ex Scum + Ipswich), not suggesting he’s a done deal but can imagine we’d follow up on that interest now…

Been on the “it’s gonna be alright, KR has a plan, there’s players coming” bus.

Starting to feel the call of the “it’s all a bit f*cked up, players we want don’t want us, squad cohesion at risk“ bus.

I was amazed when I heard that interview. Could you imagine Man City ( or Derby for that matter) signing a player but agreeing to let them play on with their original team for a few more games.

It's a strange one but fingers crossed, it works out in out favour.
And what makes it even more odd if you can, is the fact that he rarely gets in the starting team!!

I think this striker might suddenly be available unless there‘s an investigation launched regarding suspicious betting patterns in the match 🥺🥺

The CPL is hilariously rubbish which can make it watchable, think a crap regional pub league. And then some if it is played in front of 3k crowds in 30k to 40k capacity grounds.

The question has to be, where exactly are we with this? as this 'let him play 2 more games' is utter madness. I can see no logical reason for us to go along with it unless they still hold all the cards!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom