• **** New European Championships section: HERE. ****

Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously the deal we have is not a simple transfer, would we expect anything else this summer! And if gets a nasty injury in these 2 games what then!

Ridiculous situation from both clubs point of view, for us even more so!

More waiting, more risk, more frustration for the club and fans. You couldn’t write the script!
If we said we want him and a deal has been agreed but we’ve allowed him to play for them again before coming here and as you say gets an injury then someone at our club needs shooting and hopefully it’s not legally binding so that we pay for a croc.

Well I don't know much but I know your strange I think you could do with seeing a phycologist
Yeah that'll be good.At the end of the session, he'll be lying on the couch,& I'll be asking the questions.

Obviously the deal we have is not a simple transfer, would we expect anything else this summer! And if gets a nasty injury in these 2 games what then!

Ridiculous situation from both clubs point of view, for us even more so!

More waiting, more risk, more frustration for the club and fans. You couldn’t write the script!
Philly are in no rush to sell him. Not only that, they now need him for their own games. They’re selling him because he wants to go and play, not because they want him off the books. So they hold all the cards and we have to respect that, so does Findlay. We haven’t activated a release clause as far as I can tell otherwise it might have been done some time ago.

Highly unlikely the coach there would come out and confirm it unless it was all sorted - he’s under no pressure to do so. I doubt he is expecting to use him, it’s just a precaution. If he plays, it’s just a few more minutes in the legs which will help him hit the ground running here.

Try and focus on the encouraging signs that we have seemingly got this one done. It’s a bit of a nail biter until his mug pops up on the OUFC Twitter feed but I’ve seen enough to think this one is OK. It’s far from ideal but plenty of glowing endorsements around to make you think this guy is worth the wait.

On the Sam Long issue, he rolled his ankle in training and is having a scan today as a precaution to ensure there are no ligament issues, but nothing overly concerning. He's otherwise in good shape, the best he's felt going into preseason for a couple of years. He's still expected to play against Coventry but may miss the midweek games.

Philly are in no rush to sell him. Not only that, they now need him for their own games. They’re selling him because he wants to go and play, not because they want him off the books. So they hold all the cards and we have to respect that, so does Findlay. We haven’t activated a release clause as far as I can tell otherwise it might have been done some time ago.

Highly unlikely the coach there would come out and confirm it unless it was all sorted - he’s under no pressure to do so. I doubt he is expecting to use him, it’s just a precaution. If he plays, it’s just a few more minutes in the legs which will help him hit the ground running here.

Try and focus on the encouraging signs that we have seemingly got this one done. It’s a bit of a nail biter until his mug pops up on the OUFC Twitter feed but I’ve seen enough to think this one is OK. It’s far from ideal but plenty of glowing endorsements around to make you think this guy is worth the wait.
Let’s hope he doesn’t get injured

So god forbid next one he has a serious injury, that would be their fault , he isn’t ours at the moment as we haven’t parted with any money.
Well look… If he ends up picking up an injury that puts him out for 6 months then our luck really is out!! Highly unlikely. The MLS league is not the most intense and I’m not convinced he will even play.

At the end of the day KR, nor the board, nor us on the Yellows (Funeral) Forum can do a thing about it - he’s their player and we want him. We want him a lot it seems! But It’s not on our terms.

Well look… If he ends up picking up an injury that puts him out for 6 months then our luck really is out!! Highly unlikely. The MLS league is not the most intense and I’m not convinced he will even play.

At the end of the day KR, nor the board, nor us on the Yellows (Funeral) Forum can do a thing about it - he’s their player and we want him. We want him a lot it seems! But It’s not on our terms.
Then we move on and look for plan b and that has to be put to bed

😁😁😁

The Findlay situation is an odd one.

He's been on the bench for the Union regularly the last couple of months, and playing occasionally when they switch to three at the back, but then he conspicuously wasn't in their squad for their game this Saturday (which they won by an MLS record 7-0 btw!). Looked to all the world that the transfer was going ahead imminently. But now Jim Curtin is coming out and saying that he's staying in Philly for the next two games.

I can only assume that it's because either the Union's other backup CB got hurt or they have a replacement lined up but that transfer got delayed. And so they've said 'OK, you can have him at this price, but only after July 16th because we need him as cover till then' (the Union play on Wednesday & Saturday this week - the last time for a month that they have a midweek fixture). And we've gone along with it.

The only positive is that I'd be very surprised to see Findlay play both games. The Union's first choice CBs (Jack Elliott & Jakob Glesnes) have played every game this season (in fact, Glesnes has played every second, and Elliott has only missed 9 minutes), and they have by far the best defensive record in MLS, so Findlay only gets a game on the rare occasion when they do switch to three at the back. It's possible he plays 90 minutes this week, but he'll more likely just be an emergency bench-warmer for the next two games....

Sorry but, your another person on this forum that thinks he's far superior than anyone else.Full of them know all's f**k all's.seen it ,heard it all before people. Are you threatening to jump on me ??mmmmmm interesting Mr intelligent.

Are you telling me you’re a troll? I bet you look cute in a troll outfit

Ps I don’t think I’m superior to anyone else.

Just you.

Robinson takes a trip to Ireland to watch, we assume, Dawson Devoy.

Already due to sign for MK according to their fans on twitter.

Another one we've lost out on?

Are you telling me you’re a troll? I bet you look cute in a troll outfit

Ps I don’t think I’m superior to anyone else.

Just you.
Your not funny, your arrogant & you are certainly not superior to me.To me your a nobody .So go away &troll someone else big head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom