Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
KR basically said we're waiting for the window in another country to conclude a signing: https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/...wants-centre-back-luke-mcnally-joins-burnley/

This limits the number of countries where we are looking at quite significantly, and most likely points to the MLS. I actually made a post yesterday breaking down the 5 most likely people we'd be looking at in the MLS:

The only reason I say looking like Findlay is because of the 5 (and also looking at players in other leagues who have yet to open their window) he seems the most likely. We've looked at him several times before, he's a quality, experienced left centre back, and he would be available for a fee that is well within our budget. It may not be him - it's not a "someone told me we're signing Findlay" thing, just a logical process of elimination that leads me to think he's the most likely.
I think Findlay is OOC so should be free but I know MLS have slight quirky player registration rules which may dictate otherwise.

Was wondering when the interest in Brannagan would start. I’m really nervous about this one.

In other news:
- Harrogate are close to sealing a deal for Panutche Camara from Plymouth on a £25k a week deal.
- Advanced talks are ongoing between Sunderland's Ross Stewart and Hartlepool - a deal said to be in the region of £4m-£5m.
- Barry Bannan is a target for Crewe Alexandra - but the Owls want Dan Agyei in exchange as part of the deal.

Join me (and my 13 Followers) @ "Football League Agent 4695 Hardcore Official Source" - for more insights that I've literally just dreamt up in my nan's basement.

I think Findlay is OOC so should be free but I know MLS have slight quirky player registration rules which may dictate otherwise.
It's a weird one because MLS contracts run until December, so he's not out of contract technically until December 2022. They may just let him go for free now or for a nominal fee rather than demanding a full fee, but like you say the MLS has weird rules so difficult to know. Worst case scenario would be 300k max I'd think.

Troy Parrott ?
That was my first instinct but it's apparently not him. A post just made mentions someone called Scarlett and that would seem to fit as the only other alternative other than Kane😆

Suspect this is the Dane Scarlett rumour isn’t it? Unless you’ve specifically heard whether it’s loan/permanent?
Seems that way. Wasn't aware anything was in circulation already but from what I've heard from a pretty trusted source a loan offer has been made by us. MK Dons I presume have made the same.

That was my first instinct but it's apparently not him. A post just made mentions someone called Scarlett and that would seem to fit as the only other alternative other than Kane😆

Seems that way. Wasn't aware anything was in circulation already but from what I've heard from a pretty trusted source a loan offer has been made by us. MK Dons I presume have made the same.
Definitely Dane Scarlett. I suppose the likelihood of us getting him over MK will come down to how happy they were with Parrott's progression at MK last season. If they're really happy then Spurs will probably push for MK again. if not we'd be favourites.

Could also be the player has a preference too.

Some of the people and comments on this thread!!!
I’ll predict we’ll make 5 signings before Derby and about 8 in total. With a couple in next week or so.

8 signings = 3 defenders, 1 midfielder, 3 wingers, 1 striker ☝🏼

I spoke to my Spurs supporting manager the other day about these rumours.

He said Parrott will likely get sent on a Championship loan, with Scarlett going to a League One club.

Etete is further down the pecking order in terms of their attackers, so if we're talking a permanent transfer, he'd be likeliest. Alfie Devine is also the other attacking option that is impressing for the U19s, but he's more of an attacking midfielder.

We desperately need a "rumours" list that sits separately to this thread and can only be updated by a couple of people.
It would stop names re-appearing about 15 pages after they were first mentioned, not at the fault of the newer poster but because there ends up 100 posts of squabbling and nonsense.

This has been done to death; but I’ll say it one last time: Mous has to be a registered player, in order for him to fulfil his role at the PFA. Can’t really be in a role at the Professional Footballers Association, if you’re not actually a player…

If he plays in a few pizza cup games, then so be it. He will NOT be viewed as an option for any league games. I can’t believe people are worrying about this, despite this very topic, being discussed at length, for the last 18 months.

Mous is a credit to our club. If and when he decides to move into management, I hope it is with us. He’s very well thought of within the game, and he’s been a more than loyal servant to to OUFC, both on the pitch and off of it. Put some respect on his name!
I get all that but then we cant have the 'budget' excuses coming out saying we cant compete with clubs in this league then surely? He will earning a competitive wage I'm sure. is it worth the odd cup game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom