Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mention the need for wobbled heads, yet you end your rant with this? [emoji28] I think you need to action your own advice…

2019/2020: Play off final - In another season, without COVID, we would have gone up automatically.
2020/2021: Play offs again.
2021/2022: Missed out on the play offs, and it’s fair to suggest that if we didn’t have injuries at the crucial times of the season (Moore, Browne, Baldock), we’d have been in the play offs again.

I know we need to strengthen in certain areas, but what exactly leads you to believe that the recruitment process is ‘hopelessly flawed’?
19/20 - we don't know that.

20/21 - brutally exposed in the play offs.

21/22 - what you claim kind of proves my point.

Its not our ability to find good individual players who increase in value that Im having a rant about. We can spot a player - and thats all good. Its our ability to assemble a balanced, robust football team that Im questioning.

Last edited:
I think there are a few of you lot who need too give your head a wobble.

If we are yet again going down the route of signing injury prone players then we shouldn't expect a different result.
Mmm. Dismiss many of your fellow supporters.
We don't know that Jones is even one of the players.
Bodin did really well last season ( as an 'injury prone' player.
I think that there is space in the squad for a player at relatively low cost who could be exceptional at this level

He says wobbling his head!

BB started 17 games and 8 substitute appearances.

He was out injured twice, though he did contribute positively.

A veritable stalwart,

Mmm. Dismiss many of your fellow supporters.
We don't know that Jones is even one of the players.
Bodin did really well last season ( as an 'injury prone' player.
I think that there is space in the squad for a player at relatively low cost who could be exceptional at this level

He says wobbling his head!
??? - Im not dismissing anyone. We may support the same football team, but that doesn't mean I will always agree with you, or a number of other fellow supporters on this board. I always try my best to debate like an adult.

I agree with you - Bodin is a brilliant player. He also made only 24 apps last season - not all of them starts.

I find it bizarre, that we have an increased budget to bring in players that can make a squad, but we always seem to go down the crocked route. The budget KR has at his disposal is enough to bring in healthy players, that are not injury prone.

When I go shopping and buy my milk, I make sure there is plenty of life on it, rather than buy reduced pints looking like it’s about to go on the turn.
There is some proper shopping analogies going on here!

Personally wouldn’t like Jones to sign,has only played 50 times over the last 5 years.Seems a bit Winnall to me.
Although if he stays fit,who knows?

Personally wouldn’t like Jones to sign,has only played 50 times over the last 5 years.Seems a bit Winnall to me.
Although if he stays fit,who knows?
I agree on this, he sounds very Robbie Hall, Winnall, George Thorne, Ricky Holmes and most other injury prone players Robinson has signed etc. Enough of the injury prone/coming back from serious injury players. It's a gamble that's maybe worth it, if it's one player, it's not with us. We already have Bodin, Brown and Gorrin who need to be managed properly due coming back from long term injuries etc.

I thought Ricky Holmes was ok for us. Bodin as well seems to have done pretty well. And I personally rated Thorne, if he could have just stayed fit…

I thought Ricky Holmes was ok for us. Bodin as well seems to have done pretty well. And I personally rated Thorne, if he could have just stayed fit…
Ricky Holmes only lasted half a season with us due to his back injury. I agree about Thorne but it's the staying fit issue that's the issue again. I rate Bodin too but again will he stay fit consistently.

I agree on this, he sounds very Robbie Hall, Winnall, George Thorne, Ricky Holmes and most other injury prone players Robinson has signed etc. Enough of the injury prone/coming back from serious injury players. It's a gamble that's maybe worth it, if it's one player, it's not with us. We already have Bodin, Brown and Gorrin who need to be managed properly due coming back from long term injuries etc.
I think we can risk one squad place on an injury prone winger who might work out, as long as the rest of the squad is solid.

There is some proper shopping analogies going on here!
The milk analogy is actually very good.

We've got £1.30 to spend our usual 4 pints, the standard own label 4 pinter - perfectly decent, with 7 days life on it.

But wait, what's that? Cravendale 4 pint, usually £2.50, reduced to £1.30 because it goes off tomorrow.
You're seduced by the Brand. It may go off, but what if it lasts a couple more days? What if it's that bit more delicious? Even for half a week? Imagine?
Of course it might be. You may get a couple of days out of it. It may even be so delicious that one creamy coffee was job done.

But it's probably more likely that you'll pour it over your corn flakes the following morning and it comes out in chunks and you wish you'd got the solid own label version - cool, refreshing, and sorting your tea, coffee and cereal for the week reliably.

Maybe we should occasionally just go by the use by dates.

The milk analogy is actually very good.

We've got £1.30 to spend our usual 4 pints, the standard own label 4 pinter - perfectly decent, with 7 days life on it.

But wait, what's that? Cravendale 4 pint, usually £2.50, reduced to £1.30 because it goes off tomorrow.
You're seduced by the Brand. It may go off, but what if it lasts a couple more days? What if it's that bit more delicious? Even for half a week? Imagine?
Of course it might be. You may get a couple of days out of it. It may even be so delicious that one creamy coffee was job done.

But it's probably more likely that you'll pour it over your corn flakes the following morning and it comes out in chunks and you wish you'd got the solid own label version - cool, refreshing, and sorting your tea, coffee and cereal for the week reliably.

Maybe we should occasionally just go by the use by dates.
Erm we’re buying half a dozen bottles not just one. We can risk one I think.

At what point do we stop referring to Bodin as an injury prone player? He’s come through the last 12 months not that much worse than your average squad player in terms of appearances. He played more than even I expected and to a very good level.

We dish out constantly about Hanson, Winnall etc but it’s about time we start handing out some credit when we get them right as well. Fitness team has done incredibly well with him and he was a big part of our season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom