Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's right footed so I doubt it. We need atleast 1 x left footed centre back in the team maybe even 2.

As it looks like we are going with the 352 formation for the season ahead then we need 2 left footed centre backs..

1 top class left footed centre back, experience.

1 left footed young player similar to how we brought McNally in.

The National League play off game is a good watch. Level has certainly improved since we were down there. Rather than look up for players, how about we look down?

"Plucky" Wycombe will whack the chequebook out again I'm sure. They are quite good at that, but apparently according to the media they all play for tuppence ha'penny.
I assume WW will be back to depending on owners and ticket sales. Championship parachute payment allowed them to spend big (relatively) this year. But think they’ll struggle now.

Abingdon boy. His family are Oxford fans. Came on against us in The League Cup match.
Played in a back 3 in the last 2 months at his loan at Southend.
Doesn’t count towards the squad limit due to his age…

McNally Moore and a top left footed centre back like a Jordan Thorniley.

Long Golding Gubbins as a back up 3.

Perfect

Alfie Mawson has been released. We were once extremely close to signing him to a point I thought it was a done deal. This was before Robbo and co arrived but he would be another decent signing for this level.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Alfie Mawson has been released. We were once extremely close to signing him to a point I thought it was a done deal. This was before Robbo and co arrived but he would be another decent signing for this level.
Love the ambition WuTang. Joined Fulham for 15 mill so his weekly wage is probably around half our starting line ups put together . Would be an amazing signing though.

Going to Birmingham

Think we’ve found our man.

d57c46e83e8ce9b1cbbcddc49fa0d30d.jpg

Screenshot_2022-05-24-09-21-20-21_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpgwhat on earth are we doing with our youngster's?? Another one at Oxford city. We're letting them go to soon.

Do you want promotion?

That ain’t going to do it, that is what we had last year and conceded too many

Must improve on that
Really don't think the centre backs were the big issue last season. The way we set up , no real beast holding midfielder, no cover at full backs and keeper coming back from serious illness were the main reasons we conceded so many.

Thorniley’s a funny one.. people didn’t seem that blown away by him when he was here. ‘Not great in the air’ and ‘can be bullied’ were a couple of observations posted on here if I remember correctly? Now all of a sudden he seems to be the answer to all our defensive issues...

Thorniley’s a funny one.. people didn’t seem that blown away by him when he was here. ‘Not great in the air’ and ‘can be bullied’ were a couple of observations posted on here if I remember correctly? Now all of a sudden he seems to be the answer to all our defensive issues...

He certainly isn't. I would rather sign Brown atleast he's got a long throw

Love the ambition WuTang. Joined Fulham for 15 mill so his weekly wage is probably around half our starting line ups put together . Would be an amazing signing though.
A board of billionaires and an increased budget, and Hanson has gone, I have high expectations this summer :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom