Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why did they turn down over a million quid for Brannagan and double his wages to stay in the process, spend a small fortune on a number of highly-paid summer signings, splash over a million quid on training ground upgrades and sanction a very costly Marbella training camp, if they’re quite happy to just potter about fairly aimlessly?
I have not said the board is "wrong" and we will not be... "pottering about aimlessly" as long as we hover around the top part of the table. The board's energies this season is to advance a new stadium and, contrary to many people's opinions on here, failure to get promotion will not mean they will sack KR. If anything, he is more likely to leave of his own accord.

I have not said the board is "wrong" and we will not be... "pottering about aimlessly" as long as we hover around the top part of the table. The board's energies this season is to advance a new stadium and, contrary to many people's opinions on here, failure to get promotion will not mean they will sack KR. If anything, he is more likely to leave of his own accord.
No chance he’ll ever walk away. What would he get thats better than he has here? He pretty much has total control to do what he likes. For his mid to long term career prospects, theres several reasons why he really needs to win a pot or two as soon as possible.

The board's energies this season is to advance a new stadium and, contrary to many people's opinions on here, failure to get promotion will not mean they will sack KR. If anything, he is more likely to leave of his own accord.
You genuinely believe that they’ve sanctioned the level of spending they have, across all areas of the club, to be content with doing quite well and maybe floating around the top ten? You think that if we finish lower than last season for a third year in a row that it won’t really interest them?

I’m more than aware of the main focus being the stadium, because without it there is no return for the investors and no future for the club, but I don’t for a second think that if the money they’ve been pumping in results in another 8th place finish at best that they’re going to simply shrug their shoulders and say it doesn’t matter.

As for Robinson leaving of his own accord, I keep being told that this is a “danger”, yet here we are. For a man with such an almost entirely blank CV after 12 years as a manager he doesn’t half get talked up as some sort of catch.

28th July: Anthony Forde (our only right back cover & competition to Sam Long) joined Wrexham.

We was told his move had been ‘delayed a few weeks’ by KR so a replacement was sorted…

Where are they?
It's B*****s. Last week it was 3 needed. Yesterday it was one. Tomorrow it will probably be 5.

All strikes me as a club who perhaps aren't pulling in the same direction as regards recruitment. And therein lies the issue and resultant appalling start.

You genuinely believe that they’ve sanctioned the level of spending they have, across all areas of the club, to be content with doing quite well and maybe floating around the top ten? You think that if we finish lower than last season for a third year in a row that it won’t really interest them?

I’m more than aware of the main focus being the stadium, because without it there is no return for the investors and no future for the club, but I don’t for a second think that if the money they’ve been pumping in results in another 8th place finish at best that they’re going to simply shrug their shoulders and say it doesn’t matter.

As for Robinson leaving of his own accord, I keep being told that this is a “danger”, yet here we are. For a man with such an almost entirely blank CV after 12 years as a manager he doesn’t half get talked up as some sort of catch.
Yes, why DOES KR get talked up as a good manager? Bafflng.

They did? I missed this. Our crossing, Taylor aside, was shocking! Over hit, and in Henry’s case, twice wasted, didn’t even make the box, ended up playing it out for a goal kick. I was surprised by Henry’s extension, and after yesterday, even more so, one of his worst games in my opinion.
Not all brilliant but if we'd kept on doing what we did at 5:35 7:10 11:15 13:02 we would have scored.

Yes, why DOES KR get talked up as a good manager? Bafflng.
He is a good manager for lots of reasons but it’s horses for courses. It’s possible the club have or will very soon outgrow him and even his supporters will not be naive to that - he will know himself that this season is key. But right now he hasn’t committed a sackable offence and he isn’t going anywhere so we as fans have a choice whether to continue sulking about every performance win or lose just because it’s KR or assess it fairly, remember it is early days and we have good opportunities ahead to improve. Calling for any manager’s head is not my style but especially this early on.

He is a good manager for lots of reasons but it’s horses for courses. It’s possible the club have or will very soon outgrow him and even his supporters will not be naive to that - he will know himself that this season is key. But right now he hasn’t committed a sackable offence and he isn’t going anywhere so we as fans have a choice whether to continue sulking about every performance win or lose just because it’s KR or assess it fairly, remember it is early days and we have good opportunities ahead to improve. Calling for any manager’s head is not my style but especially this early on.
The nail on the head was when one fan recently said on here it feels like it was when Wilder was coming to the end, and he had gotten us promoted as well.
More and more are seeing that this transfer window debacle, and poor results/performances are all followed up by the same old diatribe from kr.

If he doesn't sign another RB in the next 17 days, he will have! :devilish:

Did I see on here when we sold forde that we had a replacement coming in? Any one know what’s happening with this and any other players coming in? If the squad does not improve then all I can see is mid table at best to many crocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom